Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
15052111.jpg

15052112.jpg

15052113.jpg

15052114.jpg

:cool:

Fairly bland.

For some reason this smells like the Chrysler 200. Can't put my finger on why, though.

I see what you did there.

?gea :D

A Fiat sedan, long since I saw one of those. Not too bad.

For some reason this smells like the Chrysler 200. Can't put my finger on why, though.

Because squinting very hard brings out some of the Dart's/200's details, particularly how the large center screen and instrument cluster seem "connected" by an island of material?

A Fiat sedan, long since I saw one of those.

We have a handful of these:

The second one in particular is driven mostly really slowly by really old people that suddenly decided they want a sedan again. Most of these people are in Nissan Almeras though.

The ?gea is on a whole different planet from either of those.

Last edited:
Actually, it looks rather nice. Isn't very exciting sure, but quite nice for the car category.

A Fiat sedan, long since I saw one of those.

My thought too, looking around I think the last Fiat saloon/hatch-with-a-boot I saw here was the Marea.

It looks like a decent rework of the platform. The hard points are the same, but they changed quite a bit when compared to other manufactures.

Still doesn't explain the "America's import" commercials.

They're trying to say that the new 200 is just as safe, (the Sweden ad) as reliable, (the Japan ad) and focused on driving dynamics (the German ad) as the foreign mid-size competition.

They sense a (accurate) disconnect in the mid-size buyer psyche that a American mid-size will only ever be "good...for an domestic car." They want you to consider the 200 good for any mid-size car.

2015 FIAT Aegea

Good luck with that. The 200, yes, the current 200, compares well against the GM offerings and that's about it. Much improvement is required before the point of 'good for a mid-sizer' is reached.

Sample review and comparison ranking: http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-chrysler-200s-v-6-awd-test-review

Meanwhile, Ford has already achieved this point with the Fusion and is rolling on.

Aside from rick's point about them wanting to make potential import-leaning customers consider their product as being on par with the imports, the fact remains that Detroit is basically a crumbling third world country. Something from there might as well be considered an import. :p

Last edited:
Good luck with that. The 200, yes, the current 200, compares well against the GM offerings and that's about it. Much improvement is required before the point of 'good for a mid-sizer' is reached.

Sample review and comparison ranking: http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-chrysler-200s-v-6-awd-test-review

Meanwhile, Ford has already achieved this point with the Fusion and is rolling on.

Aside from rick's point about them wanting to make potential import-leaning customers consider their product as being on par with the imports, the fact remains that Detroit is basically a crumbling third world country. Something from there might as well be considered an import. :p

Yeah, that's what bugs me about it. They have a very handsome looking car, inside and out, but the drive is merely ok. They say the S trim has the most advanced sport mode in the segment, but when even the S drives duller than a base Fusion 2.5 (not knocking the Fusion, the one I drove was great), or, and this is out of left field but many agree that it's probably the best Sonata to buy in terms of a good drive, the new Sonata Eco that says something.

Hopefully they'll improve things in later model years.

Most of the Big 3s vehicles are not made in Detroit, or even Michigan.

Most of the Big 3s vehicles are not made in Detroit, or even Michigan.

Yes, but it's the 200 they're focusing in on with the 'Imported from Detroit' tag line at current. That one's made in Sterling Heights, a suburb of Detroit - so, yeah, it is an import from the third world hellhole of greater Detroit. :p