2015 Formula 1 Season Thread

i think both Ecclestone and the Nurburgring were hoping Mercedes would step up and fund the race
but yesterday they sent out a message they had no intention to do so, and that was the final blow...

tbh, i kind of hope more organisers give the finger to ecclestone, and threaten to cancel the race.
and maybe CVC will have no other choice but to get rid of ecclestone, and they can start negotiation again with all the organisers
and work out a businessplan that helps F1, not just makes ecclestone richer

No problem! They'll just replace it with another boring street circuit in some place which has absolutely no motorsport tradition but a shit ton of money out of whichever commodity is good for trade these years.

If they want helmets to go back to being a recognizable signature of the driver, they need to ban team and sponsor logos from them and make them 100% personal to the driver, whatever he chooses to have on it.
You want to see something personal to the driver, not "DRINK THIS YELLOW SHIT THAT TASTES LIKE MR MUSCLE SINK AND PLUGHOLE UNBLOCKER IT GIEF ENERGY LOL"

Reactions: TC
no, i just want to see by the helmet if it's raikkonen or vettel i'm looking at...

so, if both lewis and nico go for a yellow helmet again, problem is still there

Good because that way they can't inflict themselves bad luck by putting some commemorative stuff on it. It seems like every time a driver commemorates and event like 100th Grand Prix on their helmet, they probably won't make it to the end of the race.

I'm sure he'll be fine, but it doesn't help my impression that McLaren is falling into further turmoil since the new engine deal.

i'm pretty sure they'll get it sorted out eventually
they're doing a whole lot better than red bull did last year, and they finished the first race on the podium

finally getting around to checking out the new cars... unfortunately none of them inspire me except for Toro Rosso other than that I'm not particularly looking forward to the start of this season.

news behind the scene is that alonso crashed because he got electrocuted

that's not good!

Alonso suffered a concussion, hence he was kept for observation overnight.

Official statement from McLaren:

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/further-update-regarding-fernando-alonso/

Part about the cause:

Our findings indicate that the accident was caused by the unpredictably gusty winds at that part of the circuit at that time, and which had affected other drivers similarly (eg, Carlos Sainz Jnr).

We can categorically state that there is no evidence that indicates that Fernando?s car suffered mechanical failure of any kind. We can also confirm that absolutely no loss of aerodynamic pressure was recorded, which fact indicates that the car did not suffer any aerodynamic loss, despite the fact that it was subjected to a significant level of g-force. Finally, we can also disclose that no electrical discharge or irregularity of any kind occurred in the car?s ERS system, either before, during or after the incident.

That last point refutes the erroneous rumours that have spread recently to the effect that Fernando was rendered unconscious by an electrical fault. That is simply not true. Our data clearly shows that he was downshifting while applying full brake pressure right up to the moment of the first impact ? something that clearly would not have been possible had he been unconscious at the time.

the fact that he still is in the hospital for observation, and probably won't drive next week, tells me there is a bigger problem than they're willing to confess

the fact that he still is in the hospital for observation, and probably won't drive next week, tells me there is a bigger problem than they're willing to confess

Yeah I wouldn't be suspicious of McLaren's explanation but Vettel described it as "It looked strange."
He's seen enough shit to not consider a car running wide from wind and spinning "strange".

I'm surprised wind is used as an explanation. Are you telling me that wind had caused an F1 driver to crash during a session before? We've had F1 races in bad rain. What about mild to strong winds?