2015 Grand Prix De Monaco

Yeahh Nico.

I don't have any particular animosity towards Lewis any more, but the cheer leading and butt kissing from Sky's commentary team makes me hate him by proxy.

Obviously Max Verstappen felt the procession needed livening up. Those new barriers let him walk away from a nasty accident.

Kimi was gold on the radio again, I hope someone cuts a Youtube video together of his best radio messages. And Jens also finished 8th. Good result all round.

That's the discussion about the Monte Carlo race?

Wow.

F1 is really dead in this forum...

That's the discussion about the Monte Carlo race?

Wow.

F1 is really dead in this forum...

Y'know, most of my life the Monaco GP has been the non football highlight of my sporting calendar. I can still happily re-watch classic races (I have the 1996 epic on DVD) But today I was actually fast forwarding, until the Verstappen incident. It rings serious alarm bells to me about the state of F1. It wasn't even this bad during the "oh Schumacher won again" mid 2000's.

I fall asleep during most GP's now.

Ricciardo's move on R?ikk?nen was a little bit sneaky though since Alonso was penalised for a similar move but I think he was allowed to get away with it because Kimi didn't crash and he was on much newer faster tires. I guess 6th is an improvement over last years Monaco though this could be his worst finish this year unless you count the DNF obviously.
Canada should be an interesting race, If Nico wins with Hamilton in 3rd they will be tied on points and Ferrari if I remember correctly are bringing engine upgrades to the race.
It was the usual Monaco up until the safety car I guess, some fights at the back and back markers blue flagged left right and centre.

Edit,

Am I wrong or has Hamilton never been able to pull a pass on Sebastian this season.

Last edited:
Verstappen's accident had me cringing like nothing else. When they showed the in-car view, you can see his legs are UNDER the damn barrier in the car.

That's some scary ass shit.

And as soon as I saw Hammy pitting I was shaking my fist at the TV screaming "What the F are you doing!?" And sure enough..BOOM, from 'Virtual SC' to an actual SC and there's your damn lead.

Ah well...

Ricciardo's move on R?ikk?nen was a little bit sneaky though since Alonso was penalised for a similar move but I think he was allowed to get away with it because Kimi didn't crash and he was on much newer faster tires.
Your explanation sounds reasonable, but I still don't really get it. Both incidents were very similar and even at the same track position, but the one that happened in the heat of the first lap (Alonso vs. H?lkenberg) was penalised, but the one which happened much later in a very clear and non-forced situation (R?ik?nnen vs. Ricciardo) goes unpunished. In my eyes, both incidents happened unwittingly, but if the first one gets punished, the second one should be also. Drivers "may not leave the track to gain an advantage over an opponent", but seemingly it is okay to give the car in front of you a nudge and pass him then? To my unerstanding, this is another case of the stewards not only being overly touchy but also inconsistent in their decisions.

Also, I'm curious to what Mercedes will come up with about that Hamilton pitstop. It made zero sense to me even before seeing the outcome of the race. Real or virtual safety car aside, it was pretty clear at this point that a good portion of the 10-ish laps left for this race would have been spent just rolling around. So whichever way you turn it, it was obvious there were only a handful of actual racing laps left, if any. Hamilton's tires cannot possibly have been so shot at this stage that the team was forced to call him into the pits. So what the hell were they thinking? Whichever way I turn it, it never starts to make any sense to me.

Verstappen's accident had me cringing like nothing else. When they showed the in-car view, you can see his legs are UNDER the damn barrier in the car.

That's some scary ass shit.

That's 100% down to the deformable barriers, what a terrific invention. As I said above, two years ago and he's got two broken legs at least. I assume that's probably Max's first "big" shunt in F1 too, didn't phase him.

I couldn't believe some of the comments from fans after Nico's win. Quite a few said Lewis was robbed and that Nico should have given up his position :lol: As for me I was nothing but excited to see Nico take the win because while I think Lewis is a brilliant driver his attitude, especially this year, is sickening to say the least. Is he a rapper or a driver?

I couldn't believe some of the comments from fans after Nico's win. Quite a few said Lewis was robbed and that Nico should have given up his position :lol: As for me I was nothing but excited to see Nico take the win because while I think Lewis is a brilliant driver his attitude, especially this year, is sickening to say the least. Is he a rapper or a driver?

How weird is that, kind of reminds me of the 2007 Brazilian grand prix when the commentators speculated that they should get Alonso to drop through the field and then let Hamilton pass him even though the more logical thing to do would be ask Lewis to back the Ferraris back onto Alonso so he could pass Massa and win the championship, let's say Rosberg did drop back behind Lewis, he'd screw his title chances and give the win to Vettel instead! Because I guess they'd send someone over to the Ferrari garage and ask them to make Vettel give Mercedes back the win because I dunno hammer time?

Not to mention from what I can tell from the aftermath Lewis made the decision to come into the pits every bit as much as Mercedes because he falsely assumed everyone else had pitted.

i wonder how you would've reacted to james hunt and his shenanigans

i prefer lewis his mentality now a whole lot better than the last few years
before he was always complaining, everyone was against him, and every decision taken, was to harm him

he got passed that stage, and became an even better driver because of it

Last edited:
i wonder how you would've reacted to james hunt and his shenanigans

i prefer lewis his mentality now a whole lot better than the last few years
before he was always complaining, everyone was against him, and every decision taken, was to harm him

he got passed that stage, and became an even better driver because of it

As I've said before, my main dislike of him is because of the cheer leading from Sky, they're so up his arse, I'm surprised Lewis isn't sitting on them in the cockpit. I won back a lot of respect for him with the reverence he shows Ayrton Senna.

Speaking of Hunt, I'm just finishing "Shunt" by Christopher Hilton. Fantastic book and well worth reading.

Lewis and others comparing himself to Ayrton Senna makes me wanna puke.

Me too.

How low has sportsmanship sunk when people actively hero-worship a liar and a dangerous cheat like that?

Me too.

How low has sportsmanship sunk when people actively hero-worship a liar and a dangerous cheat like that?

Just to put another viewpoint out there for laughs, imagine that people actually hero worship a miserable, whingeing bastard that only really won in the best car, had a longtime reputation as a choker, and buggered off when he had to face a truly competitive teammate once he was world champion. Oh, and Prost could be annoying, too. But, just like Senna, apparently Il Leone is immune from criticism as well.

you chose your username wisely!

Just to put another viewpoint out there for laughs, imagine that people actually hero worship a miserable, whingeing bastard that only really won in the best car, had a longtime reputation as a choker, and buggered off when he had to face a truly competitive teammate once he was world champion. Oh, and Prost could be annoying, too. But, just like Senna, apparently Il Leone is immune from criticism as well.

Yeah Mansell, much like Hill, owes a lot of his legend to British TV coverage at a time when he was the best Britain had to offer. Coulthard benefited from the same effect.
To be fair though I grant him extra credit for winning in IndyCar right off the bat.

This is a really interesting article that uses a mathematical model to try to objectively rank drivers;
https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/who-was-the-greatest-f1-driver/

Mansell, Senna and Prost all rank low enough to raise most peoples' eyebrows.

Peter Bonnington => Lewis Hamilton Safety Car, Safety Car. So we are staying out.
Lewis Hamilton => Peter Bonnington Are you sure it?s the best thing to stay out? These tyres have lost all their temperature. Everyone?s going to be on [super-softs] now.
Peter Bonnington => Lewis Hamilton OK. Copy, copy. Box, box.

Whose fault was it then?

More here