Perez during FP1...

i'm impressed!
(and love to see a video!!)

- - - Updated - - -

or a gif would do as well i guess..

perezcrash.gif

perezcrash2.gif

Oopsie

Holy fuck, that was an impressive start Both Ferraris jumped the Mercedes and then Hamilton made a mistake and dropped to 10th where Massa is giving him a tough time so far.

And there goes the Ferrari 1-2 finish Kimi Raikkonen retires due to an MGU-K failure.

Last edited:
Lets goooooooooooooooooo!!!

Tough luck for Kimi, though. Lewis has nobody to blame but himself. Rosberg, he might have made a misscalculation which resulted in that puncture.

ferrari.gif

Oh how good F1 is when the Merc's have issue's :)

Well done to Vetel and well said at the end about JB

I was expecting a boring race but it ended up to be awesome

As for Maldonado haha damn

Glad to see Alonso in 5th :)

and yeh..poor Kimi

Last edited:
First race I've watched from start to finish in ages, mainly because the weather here today is lousy. Very glad I did, good fun.

A silver lining for Kimi though a very small one, Because neither Williams finished in the points he doesn't lose out further in the championship.

Dammit! My DVR didn't record it!

Find a rerun, this was epic.

McLaren looked better too.

A nice touch that Ferrari should take victory, given that Jules was one of theirs, very classy tribute by Sebastian. Jules would have loved this.

Can anyone who still thinks that f1 in 2015 is artificial, predictable and boring just watch this race and stfu?

True, but it's even better when they're beaten fair and square such as yesterday :D
Yeah, Ferrari was winning on their own and the only reason the Mercs catched up midrace was because of that safety car.

Also McLaren's weren't doing that bad either. Sure they got a bit lucky to finish as high as they did, but at least they did not seem completely lost and could have probably managed at points finish on their own too.

The race was a great idea as to why they need to reintroduce in season testing. One team is always going to get the jump on the others at the start of a year, but I firmly believe the top teams will always start to level out as the season progresses. So instead of waiting until the wrong end of the season for some great racing, we could see it after only a few races in.

Yeah, Ferrari was winning on their own and the only reason the Mercs catched up midrace was because of that safety car.

after hamilton his first pit stop, and he was running in free air, he was catching vettel with 0.4s/lap
not taking anything away from ferrari's achievement, they drove a great race
but if hamilton had nailed his start, i think he would've disappeared in the distance once more...

after hamilton his first pit stop, and he was running in free air, he was catching vettel with 0.4s/lap
not taking anything away from ferrari's achievement, they drove a great race
but if hamilton had nailed his start, i think he would've disappeared in the distance once more...

But that's been true of pretty much every race this year, what has also been true is that Hamilton seems to be struggling in traffic these days, In Spain he wasn't able to pass Vettel until the pitstop and the same was true with Massa in Silverstone, At the end of Monaco he was unable to pass Vettel on the faster newer tire though it was Monaco so it's understandable.
You look at all the races that Hamilton didn't win this year it's basically because he messed up the start Malaysia and Monaco being the exception so what that says about the state of Hamilton's race craft these days compared to last year.

Attended my first ever F1-race and i'm really glad it was this one. Really exciting and a lot of great racing. The crowds went mad when the Ferraris took the lead and eventually also won the race. Sad for Kimi though as he kept up with Vettel until his problems with the engine. Was strange to see both Ferraris pull away from Rosberg in the beginning, I thought he would keep up as the Mercs are normally really fast.
It seems like the Mercs don't know what to do when not in the lead, they get stressed and make mistakes.
Also really happy that Ericsson scored a point on a track that's not suited for the Sauber. There was a lot of Swedes cheering him on from the stands so it was a nice reward after enduring a really warm weekend.

Also, 3 penaltys for Maldonado. Overtaking during safety car, speeding in the pitlane and causing a collision. Nice work from him :clap:

On the BBC, they speculated that it's not about Hamilton, but about the Merc only really working well in clean air and struggling a lot more than the other top cars in traffic.

Rosberg is struggeling even more in traffic, most of the times, he can't even keep up with the guy in front...
it's just by design of that car. give it dirty air, and it looses a big chunk of its performance.

last year it didn't matter that much, because all the other engines were crap...

EDIT: ninja'd :)