2015 Russian Grand Prix

Delll

What happened? I know Carlos crashed, and everyone seems very serious. Video/gif?

o0WuBnp.png

Looks like it was there. Hit the inside, lost left front wheel, slammed into the wall at the end. Has been stretchered away but is not dead.

Last edited:
They say Carlos is okay, he's been flown off the hospital for checks presumably just to make sure he's definitely uninjured.

No injuries. He will spend the night under observation. Unsure if he will race tomorrow as even if he receives Medical Clearance, the team is considering letting him sit out and fully recover.

Well isn't this race thrilling?

Let me answer that for you... No it's fucking not.

Come again? This race is awesome so far...

Come again? This race is awesome so far...

Which part, the dangerous, boring right angles street course which is stupidly designed and obviously dangerous, or the lack of overtaking and interesting strategies?

Fucking Kimi, just why did they renew him for next year, was he on discount or something?

Vettel is now 2nd in the drivers championship, will have to wait and see if Kimi gets a penalty of some kind, he was more then a little ambitious with that one but he really caned it at the end there closing a 4 second gap in 2 -3 laps?

Last edited:
Also that ending with Bottas and Kimi: Big Mistake, but Force India will thank you for that.

Yes and much "language" in Finnish when they next meet.
BOT on radio: "What the **** did he do?" :smile:

.. also, shapka hats. :lol:

(Anybody else think it was a bit creepy of Vlad to be in the drivers decompression room?)

(Anybody else think it was a bit creepy of Vlad to be in the drivers decompression room?)

I'm pretty sure he was there the first time round last year, but this time round I think it was Hamilton saying "Good to see you again" that made it even more awkward.

Happy for Perez and sorry for Bottas, but I prefer exciting racing to Mercedes snoozefest. Kimi went for 3rd or nothing, which I do understand, even thought it resulted in fail.

LOL at Massa being 4th.

Maccas on points!:lol:

It was such a let down to watch Rosberg retire that race, it looked like he had found his form as well and on his way to the race win that he sorely needed.
Well that's P8 for Kimi thanks to a 30 second time penalty, Mercedes won the constructors championship.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he was there the first time round last year, but this time round I think it was Hamilton saying "Good to see you again" that made it even more awkward.

Oh did he, I didn't recall that. It's just that I don't recall any other head of state being in what ever they call that room. (Imagine if the Queen was there for the Australian, British or Canadian GPs! :lol:)

.. and it was good for the the McLarens to get points, but a bummer for Williams.

EDI: Should say a well done to MB-AMG for the contrictor's title too, although it's a bit of a crap way to do it.

Last edited:
30 second penalty for Kimi and 5 second penalty for Alonso. That gives Mercedes the constructors companionship and knocks Alonso out of the points, which is a shame.

Good race for the most part. Felt bad for Rosberg and Bottas of course, but it was cool to see a new face on the podium in the form of Sergio Perez. Should be a good high for him going into his home grand prix in a few weeks.

Which part, the dangerous, boring right angles street course which is stupidly designed and obviously dangerous, or the lack of overtaking and interesting strategies?

Fucking Kimi, just why did they renew him for next year, was he on discount or something?

Well the track is boring (aside from that turn that never ends), but what part of this race was a boring? Crashes, retirements, passes, strategy, etc, it had it all.

Sure, the same guy won again, but it's not like they showed 53 laps of Hamilton pwning everyone and driving off into the distance....

Anybody else think it was a bit creepy of Vlad to be in the drivers decompression room?)

No, because Russia. Newspapers will probably report Putin won the damn race.
Also, 'decompression' room, is that what it's called? I thought it was 'the room of awkwardness'

^
Well I dunno, I just made it up since that's really what they do for a few minutes, after the race finishes and before all the madness of the podiam & media stuff.