2015 Singapore GP

TC

aka TomCat
Well, this is shaping up to be a very interesting race. A couple new records for Mercedes and Hamilton already denied, and it doesn't look good for tomorrow. Should be an exciting race between the Ferrari's and RedBull's at least. Maybe Mercedes will figure something out overnight and be able to contend.

1. Sebastian Vettel, Germany, Ferrari, 1:43.885.

2. Daniel Ricciardo, Australia, Red Bull, 1:44.428.

3. Kimi Raikkonen, Finland, Ferrari, 1:44.667.

4. Daniil Kvyat, Russia, Red Bull, 1:44.745.

5. Lewis Hamilton, England, Mercedes, 1:45.300.

6. Nico Rosberg, Germany, Mercedes, 1:45.415.

7. Valtteri Bottas, Finland, Williams, 1:45.676.

8. Max Verstappen, Netherlands, Toro Rosso, 1:45.798.

9. Felipe Massa, Brazil, Williams, 1:46.077.

10. Romain Grosjean, France, Lotus, 1:46.413.

11. Nico Hulkenberg, Germany, Force India, 1:46.305.

12. Fernando Alonso, Spain, McLaren, 1:46.328.

13. Sergio Perez, Mexico, Force India, 1:46.385.

14. Carlos Sainz Jr., Spain, Toro Rosso, 1:46.894.

15. Jenson Button, England, McLaren, 1:47.019.

16. Felipe Nasr, Brazil, Sauber, 1:46.965.

17. Marcus Ericsson, Sweden, Sauber, 1:47.088.

18. Pastor Maldonado, Venezuela, Lotus, 1:47.323.

19. Will Stevens, England, Marussia, 1:51.021.

20. Alexander Rossi, United States, Marussia, 1:51.523.

This is one of my favorite races of the year. Love this circuit, as it always throws up some surprises and just looks amazing on TV.
(also, if you ever get the chance to go, do it. It has an amzing atmosphere with the entire city going into party mode for it)

Hate this fucking circuit.... Who thought it was a good idea to feed the pit lane exit into a corner?

Last edited:
Wohoooo
Best moment of the race... Verstappen telling his team NO
Someone give that guy a good car :D

Alonso must be a happy man nowadays

Too bad Kimi didn't have the pace to catch Ricciardo, guess he wasn't comfortable with the setup. Rosberg never seems to be in a good position to really capitalise on Hamilton's retirements like Hamilton does with Rosberg.

So... another Ferrari victory by he who must not be named ;)

I'm sort of starting to warm to Vettel now, his Ferrari move (along with fatherhood) seems to have brought a good adjustment of personality. Plus there's the underdog element this year.

This is one of my favorite races of the year. Love this circuit, as it always throws up some surprises and just looks amazing on TV.
(also, if you ever get the chance to go, do it. It has an amzing atmosphere with the entire city going into party mode for it)

Not the entire city, most of the non-F1 fans absolutely hate it. Also, the unfortunate schmucks that need to work in overdrive mode to prep/maintain/secure/clean/remove all of the circuit related works. But as far as fan experience goes, it's totally great. The post-race concerts by Maroon 5 and Bon Jovi was incredible.

p.s: Been a while since I last logged in! Work schedule made me a dull boy.

All photos taken from my iPhone 5s

All photos taken from my iPhone 5s

Obligatory shot of the event name

20150918_090936738_iOS.jpg

View from my seat for 3 days (Skipped day 2 as I really wanted to be up close to Maroon 5, so no shots of note)

How it looks like at night

Rossi's Herbie, post crash on practice 1. Sorry for the poor quality.

Rossi's Herbie being moved off to the 'working zone'

Recovery vehicle arrived!

Herbie showing the underside

Herbie safely recovered

Pharrell Williams concert, view from the back. Did not really like his music.

Another shot of Pharrell Williams' in his concert

Post concert exit, they open the part of the track along the Padang Straight.

The new re-profiled turn

Maroon 5 up close, just outside of the fan zone.

Local band, The Sam Willows. Pretty tuneful, I will be listening to them on the interwebs.

Everyone getting ready to video from their phones/tablets, on the parade lap

Fireworks from the chequered flag

Hi Bon Jovi! Great concert.

Videos uploaded to YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
McLaren apparently hit a benchmark!
they finally did as much mileage as mercedes managed during winter testing :lmao:

McLaren apparently hit a benchmark!
they finally did as much mileage as mercedes managed during winter testing :lmao:

That is really pathetic. Specially for Honda. Their samurai spirit must be feeling like going all seppuku. They had a whole extra year to look at the best solutions for an engine, they seen and knew about the splitting the turbo solution, which for example Ferrari lacks...
Hate being right because I appreciate the guy's skill, but I called it for Alonso moving to McLaren being incredibly stupid.

The really dumb thing is that I keep seeing things like Honda refuses to accept outside help, they are doing this poorly and they don't want to find someone who might have some new ideas or more experience in this area to fix the problem.
It's no wonder Button doesn't want to stick around for another year of fighting to make it into Q2.

honda doesn't need outside help i think
they know what is wrong with their engine, but rules don't allow them to change it

they used some tokens to change the combustion chamber etc, because that's sth they will take over to the next engine
but the compressor and ERS will be fundamentally changed, so why spend research and tokens on it now?

I don't think so, They built an engine so crappy that Jenson Button is about to retire from formula 1 and they are going into the Japanese Grand Prix with McLaren having scored less points all season then they scored in the first race last year, and that was supposed to be a really poor year for them.

the engine isn't crappy, the ERS is. both in recovery and deployment...

The engine is a package, From the ICE to the MGU K and H, If it doesn't work as a whole entity then it's shit. And if the ICE is so great why does everyone comment on how rough it sounds putting the power down.

The engine is a package, From the ICE to the MGU K and H, If it doesn't work as a whole entity then it's shit. And if the ICE is so great why does everyone comment on how rough it sounds putting the power down.

No, the engine, or power unit as we are expected to call this electric clusterfuck, is wrong on so many levels. The Hybrid engine is the Neanderthal - an evolutionary dead-end. Either build proper internal combustion engines or go electric. The hybrid is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

No, the engine, or power unit as we are expected to call this electric clusterfuck, is wrong on so many levels. The Hybrid engine is the Neanderthal - an evolutionary dead-end. Either build proper internal combustion engines or go electric. The hybrid is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

:rolleyes: