Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
10959775_774061999352930_6721412755492266105_n.png

skoda-superb-teasers-1.jpg

skoda-superb-teasers-2.jpg

skoda-superb-teasers-3.jpg

skoda-superb-teasers-4.jpg

:cool:

More teaser pictures, not exactly an unveil IMO. :dunno:

I don't know though. I like what I've seen so far. You can't blame the old one for being particularly good looking, at least not in sedan form. The ugly lines give it vast amounts of legroom and a huge trunk though. Let's hope they didn't ruin that with the new one because it looks a lot shorter than before.

As I said before, this is the only Skoda in the current line-up where the crystal styling works completely. Just the shadows on the boot lip hint at a rather huge surfacing mistake, unless they were added in the post processing.

The interior does not look very good though... very unwelcoming and sterile.

sksu003_54e3595658fdc.jpg

So apparently, it's longer than before, and roomier. No trick boot lid, just the big gaping hatch. The wagon is coming later this year.

It's still a hair shorter than the Passat and a couple centimeters shorter than the A6. I always thought it was longer. Wonder where all the space inside comes from, and why everyone else doesn't build cars like this.

I have to say, it looks very good. But I see a lot of A6 influence in the design. I'm also looking forward to the estate version.

Interesting. Looks like the second generation gives you more headroom to get into the back than this new generation, the door/roof line looks tighter.

As I said before, this is the only Skoda in the current line-up where the crystal styling works completely. Just the shadows on the boot lip hint at a rather huge surfacing mistake, unless they were added in the post processing.

The interior does not look very good though... very unwelcoming and sterile.

sksu003_54e3595658fdc.jpg
Nah it looks proper and strict. My quibble is the trip reset is still in the instrument cluster. Put that on a button on the steering wheel.

Last edited:
My quibble is the trip reset is still in the instrument cluster. Put that on a button on the steering wheel.

I have two trip meters in the trip computer: one that self-resets when the car has been parked for four(?) hours and another one that needs to be reset manually. The trip computer is all controlled from the right side of the steering wheel. I've only ever pressed the oldskool trip reset when I've been bored. :dunno:

Last edited:
I really like it. Makes me think of an Audi design without the single frame grille BS.

I have two trip meters in the trip computer: one that self-resets when the car has been parked for four(?) hours and another one that needs to be reset manually. The trip computer is all controlled from the right side of the steering wheel. I've only ever pressed the oldskool trip reset when I've been bored. :dunno:

Still it's in the wrong place. Should be on the steering wheel. Reaching in to push a button is undignified.

True dat. Also note the Skoda plebs get a ice scraper while the VW customers (obviously) park their cars indoors. Or something.

I don't get VAG segmentation sometimes.

Would you really want a button on the *steering wheel* for something as random as trip reset? The steering wheel is for things like phone and stereo, stuff you use all the time.

Skoda plebs also get things like a practical liftback body while Passat customers have to make do with a sedan. Not that it matters that much, because anyone that's looking at transporting things should be looking at the wagon to begin with.

Skoda plebs also used to get an umbrella. Is that option around still?

Would you really want a button on the *steering wheel* for something as random as trip reset?

Yes :p

Hyundai-i3-Steering-Wheel-Panels.jpg

The steering wheel is for things like phone and stereo, stuff you use all the time.
Plenty of space for that on the left :p
You can never have too many buttons (hold down ENTER to reset trip).

Skoda plebs also used to get an umbrella. Is that option around still?
Yes! Naturally the only reason Skoda peasants gets such things is that they do not have personal butlers holding umbrellas for them (as is obviously the case with VW customers).

some shit british tabloid said:
Depending on spec, front and rear passengers can control the infotainment system via iPad, there?s Apple CarPlay and, from 2016, there?ll be wireless smartphone charging. Skoda hasn?t forgotten the neat touches, either, as there?s a small umbrella located in each front door

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/...uperb-2015-official-pictures-and-full-details

Last edited: