Unveiled: 2015 Skoda Superb

no clever boot hinge!? :cry:

I think the only reason the new interior looks cold and impersonal is the colour choice in the promotional picture. Just so dark and muted, compared to the previous generations' choices.

And damn, I'd rock this.

Well, the Bulgogi Knedliky has everything on the steering wheel including boot release and glovebox. Doesn't really count. :lol:

I'd want the cruise control on the wheel though. Having them on the indicator stalk is fiddly.

Skoda plebs also used to get an umbrella. Is that option around still?

Skoda has really pulled out all the stops and are giving us umbrellas in both front doors this time around. Double the luxury :p

It will be interesting to see how the Combi will turn out. Judging from the Sedan/Hb I guess it will look kinda similar to an Audi Avant. If they price it right I have a hard time seeing why you would want the Passat over this.

It better not have gone anywhere, it's perfect there. Out of the way of regular controls and still in comfortable reach.

Where did the VAG cruise control stalk go?

I have it on the indicator stalk, in the same spot it's been since the 1980's. I've seen it on C3 Audis, T4 Transporters, etc. I was poking a new Skoda at the dealer when I had my last service done and IIRC there was a separate little stalk at like 8 o'clock for the CC.

I liked the 2004 V70 where everything was on the steering wheel under my left thumb.

Erm, no? Every Audi and VW I've seen has had cruise control on its own stalk.

6298533092_45c2432f0f_b.jpg

no clever boot hinge!? :cry:

No, but it's still a lift-back hatch, which is rare and I appreciate...but the trade-off for not having that "clever boot hinge" is that they got rid of the wonky profile lines.

Last edited:

6298533092_45c2432f0f_b.jpg

The family's wide array of CC'd Skodas and VWs all have it on the indicator stalk. The only VAGs I've driven so far with a separate stalk were Audis.

This maintains the CC-on-indicator-stalk tradition when you look at the first interior picture.

Last edited:

Yes, same here. Except for some new Skoda I was prodding at the dealers when the new MQB cars first came out. It might not even have been a MQB, could've been the new Rapid too.

The Combi version was just unveiled. Looks great, very handsome. I would buy it as my family car, if I needed one :D.

zdFoT0E.png

4y6HT0I.png

0A67uta.png

U2cg6CC.png

Someone in the headlight department was hard on the eyeliner!

Would probably have looked too much like an Audi without the makeup.

looks quite a bit like an audi as it is, but i don't mind. that looks great, i'm definitely with pepitko on this :nod:

Ah yes, the proper body style. Finally. :p