2016 Austrian GP

Newly surfaced track, the baguettes are catching out some of the drivers but there was talk that the bumps which used to catch people out are gone. Vettel has a grid penalty so who knows what'll happen with his race but it's still looking like a Mercedes 1-2 in terms of qualifying pace. Hopefully it'll be a better race than last year.

Track needs to be re-cleared in my opinion. You can tell a driver to stay off the curbs all you want, but you might get pushed onto them in a race, or something else like that. Get pushed wide and suddenly your suspension blows up and your driver's life is at risk.

Seriously. Two Toro Rosso, a Red Bull, a Force India and a Mercedes? This is an issue.

Well that was an interesting qualifying, Hamilton is on Pole which isn't too surprising but Hulkenberg and Button had an interesting result, Button will start P3 next to Kimi in P4. If Hulkenberg gets a penalty it'll be Button in P2.

I do hope Button gets a good start in the race, it's just whether or not the car holds up for a whole race.

Oh my word can Ferrari fire their strategist alrady?
Pit Raikkonen following Hamilton, not even looking at traffic, staying too late and losing to both RedBulls, then decide to leave Vettel out on 30 lap old softs and now look.

So pissed right now. This is like the anti-2010, this year the car has potential and the people keep fucking up.

Pretty good race, I thought that Rosberg had quite a nice drive up until the end I was a little annoyed at the commentators for blaming Nico so quickly when they've never blamed Hamilton for running Nico off the track from the inside line but it cost Nico so I guess damage limitation. Kimi should've been up in at least 2nd he shouldn't have ended up behind the Red Bulls?after the pit stop.

Pretty good race, I thought that Rosberg had quite a nice drive up until the end I was a little annoyed at the commentators for blaming Nico so quickly when they've never blamed Hamilton for running Nico off the track from the inside line but it cost Nico so I guess damage limitation. Kimi should've been up in at least 2nd he shouldn't have ended up behind the Red Bulls?after the pit stop.

The word from Mercedes is Nico's Brake-by-Wire system went into Passive Mode which may explain why he so comprehensively blew the apex. At first I thought Lewis turned into him, but it is clear Lewis went as wide as he could before he started his turn and Nico going in so deep straight ahead meant he was in Lewis' path so, IMO, Nico is at fault with the possible mitigating factor of compromised braking performance.

it must suck so hard to be a ferrari fan this year! i pity you all!
that being said...i realy want them to get your shit together, i'm not a big ferrari fan, i still want them to take the fight to mercedes!

i loved that race! even though DRS was a joke, it was way to easy to overtake, especially since they all seemed to be in different engine mode, and on different tires, it wasn't neede at all. can we finally get rid of it please?
but the tactical plans were awesome, i love the plans, the uncertainty and the tension they bring even more than wheel to wheel combat i think...
wheel to wheel combat gets me excited for a few corners, the tactical uncertainty gets me biting my nails for over an hour!

and i was so happy when rosberg was overtaken by both verstappen and raikkonen. ham/ves 1/2 and rosberg not on the podium, what more can one ask from an F1 race! :D

Yeah, I was happy to see Raikkonen on the podium after Ferrari put him out of the pitstop behind the Red Bulls. He'd probably have taken Vestappen but he didn't really get close enough until the last lap or so. Apparently the yellow flag didn't help either.

I dunno how Vettel and Raikkonen are 3rd and 4th tied for points, it's been such a clusterfuck of misshaps for Ferrari this year.

Also, lets give it up to Wehrlein! 10th place with that Manor, it's good, it's good ladies and gents.

Jenson Button 6th, is it a one off or are Maccas getting their shit together?

I dunno how Vettel and Raikkonen are 3rd and 4th tied for points, it's been such a clusterfuck of misshaps for Ferrari this year.
raikkonen only had 2 DNF's, compared to vettel's 3
and when the finished, vettel's lowest result is 4, for raikkonen it's 6th

raikkonen should've been well ahead of vettel by now!

Also, lets give it up to Wehrlein! 10th place with that Manor, it's good, it's good ladies and gents.

indeed, especially since after the first round of pitstops, he was dead last!

Jenson Button 6th, is it a one off or are Maccas getting their shit together?

i tink it was more a matter of williams, torro rosso and force india missing the ball...

i tink it was more a matter of williams, torro rosso and force india missing the ball...

I think this justifies Ferrari drivers being 3rd and 4th more than what Ferrari's been doing so far