2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

More disgusting to me is that Sky haven't even mentioned it once in any report, he was about a foot off the track at Luffield on his pole lap. I'm furious with him at the moment, I thought he took Nico off last week (although admittedly it does look more Nico's fault in hindsight)

To be honest, I think the constant arse licking from the Sky crew is a large part of why I'm sick of Lewis. That and the fact he throws his toys out of the pram at the slightest issue.

Just watching the GP2 Sprint on delay, highlight so far is Markelov humming the Imperial March on the team radio.

Last edited:
I like Kimi and his no bullshit attitude but I think Ferrari needed to make way for some fresh blood instead to stir it up a bit.

With the 2017 regulation changes, having someone already quite familiar with the current car might be a benefit both in terms of consistency and providing solid feedback to the team on how the 2017 car differs from the 2016. Kimi will also play the obedient #2 to Vettel, whereas someone like Perez or Sainz might not.

With the 2017 regulation changes, having someone already quite familiar with the current car might be a benefit both in terms of consistency and providing solid feedback to the team on how the 2017 car differs from the 2016. Kimi will also play the obedient #2 to Vettel, whereas someone like Perez or Sainz might not.

He mentions new blood and you think of Perez? o_O

This has been the 'excuse' for not giving anyone new a chance for a while now and well it is not fucking working. It's time for Ferrari to go big or go home, take some chances and put the chips on the table, because this stint without a bloody championship is quickly becoming record setting.

He mentions new blood and you think of Perez? o_O

This has been the 'excuse' for not giving anyone new a chance for a while now and well it is not fucking working. It's time for Ferrari to go big or go home, take some chances and put the chips on the table, because this stint without a bloody championship is quickly becoming record setting.

Only if you ignore the record book. Drivers championship it'll be 10 years next year, Constructors it'll be 9 next year. In terms of constructors championships their biggest gap between championships is 16 years and in the drivers championship it's 21 years. The Schumacher years aren't the norm for Ferrari and even with Schumacher it took him 4 years to win the drivers and 3 for the constructors. Bringing in a young hotshot may seem exciting to you but that isn't really going to help the process more then having a consistent driver like Kimi to gauge the progress of the car on.

Only if you ignore the record book. Drivers championship it'll be 10 years next year, Constructors it'll be 9 next year. In terms of constructors championships their biggest gap between championships is 16 years and in the drivers championship it's 21 years. The Schumacher years aren't the norm for Ferrari and even with Schumacher it took him 4 years to win the drivers and 3 for the constructors. Bringing in a young hotshot may seem exciting to you but that isn't really going to help the process more then having a consistent driver like Kimi to gauge the progress of the car on.
Consistent means losing the back end of the car on the same hairpin in Canada two years in a row?

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

Consistent means losing the back end of the car on the same hairpin in Canada two years in a row?

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

Considering your pathological hatred of Kimi I can't be bothered digging up the reason for that which you must be familiar with but I'm sure Ferrari just made it up right?

Considering your pathological hatred of Kimi I can't be bothered digging up the reason for that which you must be familiar with but I'm sure Ferrari just made it up right?

I don't hate anyone. Hate means you want to go up to a person and torture them for 10 straight hours and then kill them. Stop using stupid words.
Kimi is an entertaining character whom I would love to see racing and being himself in some other team I don't support.

And Ferrari made what up?

All I'm saying is that Kimi is well past his prime. I assume Ferrari is in to win titles, not to come comfortable 2nd, 3rd. They tried switching directors, bringing in some new engineers or other staff, but they keep the same driver lineup which has not worked well?
Yes, Kimi was 4th last year, right behind Seb, but a million points away.

His best result were a 2nd and two 3rd places, one of them in a race which his team mate won, the other at the end of the season when nobody gives a damn anymore. Seb won 3 times in the same period.

What is wrong with me wanting someone who can at least try to push for wins, who shows some hunger?

I don't hate anyone. Hate means you want to go up to a person and torture them for 10 straight hours and then kill them. Stop using stupid words.
Kimi is an entertaining character whom I would love to see racing and being himself in some other team I don't support.

maybe you should see this as a sign you should consider supporting people instead of a meaningless color?

maybe you should see this as a sign you should consider supporting people instead of a meaningless color?

Meaningless color? So the team just sprouts from the earth like a fungus and worked itself up to being the most iconic team in the history of F1? No people involved...

Do you support people in other sports? Do you cheer for Belgium, or Anderlecht, or whatever, and then when a player leaves for Bruges, you swap teams? Only if it's your son or brother in law or something. Come on now.

yes, i do!

i used to be a mclaren fan, i dropped them like a hot stone the moment ron dennis was back in charge
i hated ferrari, with di montezemelo and alonso gone and replaced, i appreciate and support them
and in cycling i support (among others) philippe gilbert, what do i care what team he drives for
don't give a rats ass about football though :lol:

That's fine, that's how you do it, I follow the team, not the drivers. I consider F1 a team competition, more than an individual drivers one, the cars unfortunately count more than the people in them nowadays. Nobody will argue that pretty much any of the drivers in the grid would be first or second in the championship were they given a Mercedes.
To me the drivers are part of the team and when they are not working out they need replacement. Considering Kimi has had enough time to prove himself and "improve the car" with his vast experience, to me it's safe to say it is not working out. I'm tired, after watching Massa suck for years, of seeing the team have one strong driver and a weak second act. Just don't see the benefit of it.

All I'm saying is that Kimi is well past his prime. I assume Ferrari is in to win titles, not to come comfortable 2nd, 3rd. They tried switching directors, bringing in some new engineers or other staff, but they keep the same driver lineup which has not worked well?

His best result were a 2nd and two 3rd places, one of them in a race which his team mate won, the other at the end of the season when nobody gives a damn anymore. Seb won 3 times in the same period.

What is wrong with me wanting someone who can at least try to push for wins, who shows some hunger?

I don't know if your english is that great or if it's a second language or whatever but what a pathetic response. I suggest you revisit your dictionary before you start trying to define hatred because your clear anti-Kimi bias indicates nothing less to me than hatred. Everything you say about him is negative and every time something goes wrong you place the blame 100% on him, even if it isn't his fault and when he has any kind of success you are silent on the subject. It's one thing to say you'd have hoped to see someone new at Ferrari and it's a little disappointing but this goes beyond that. I don't know what your definition of hunger is but Kimi wants to win every bit as much as Seb does you just don't want to see it. If you don't like Kimi that's fine with me I'm not Kimi's agent it's not my job to sell him but don't try and pretend otherwise with some bull shit high and mighty post like that.

Last edited:
Never heard of anyone following a team... Yes it's a team sport, but you support one (or more) drivers, you don't cheer for the mechanics when the driver wins?

I know but even they usually have a favourite? Alonso could do no wrong, and now Vettel is the flavour of the month

They usually favour whomever of their two drivers is faster... :D (except if the slower one is also Italian, I suspect)

I don't know if your english is that great or if it's a second language or whatever but what a pathetic response. I suggest you revisit your dictionary before you start trying to define hatred because your clear anti-Kimi bias indicates nothing less to me than hatred. Everything you say about him is negative and every time something goes wrong you place the blame 100% on him, even if it isn't his fault and when he has any kind of success you are silent on the subject. It's one thing to say you'd have hoped to see someone new at Ferrari and it's a little disappointing but this goes beyond that. I don't know what your definition of hunger is but Kimi wants to win every bit as much as Seb does you just don't want to see it. If you don't like Kimi that's fine with me I'm not Kimi's agent it's not my job to sell him but don't try and pretend otherwise with some bull shit high and mighty post like that.
You are completely full of shit, when i get near a computer I'll reply in full, quoting you and quoting myself. Every sentence you have written can be refuted with something I've written, you just don't care to read it and pull things out of your ass.
English is my third language by the way.

In Response to Kimi Being resigned 2016
God damn it.
Blaming Kimi for a car glitch which Ferrari confirmed.
The same tired old attacks on Kimi, but it would be okay if he drove in another team apparently.

This is from Canada, you just assume Kimi will crash.
So, yeah, the Canadian GP starts in about an hour, no thread yet. I think it's a new record for low attendance here at the forums.
Hamilton on pole, as I think was to expect in a power circuit like this one. Going for his 5th win.
Predictions?
Mine are Ham, Ros, unexpected 3rd.
Kimi crashes out. Vettel gets a bad strategy and finishes 7th behind Alonso. Lol. Not funny at all I'm actually sad.
Come on Ferrari !!:mrgreen:
At Monaco
My point about Raikkonen made? Anyone feels like arguing again? No? Good.
Fucks sake.
In Spain Kimi had a good race, nothing to say there on the subject of Kimi.
Russian Grand Prix on his ass with this race. a podium finish but you don't give a shit.
He hit him from behind... TWICE... in the span of two corners. Jesus fucking moron. I'm so pissed right now, at this and at the fact Raikkonen can't drive for shit anymore.
I was talking about his inability to get past Bottas if his life depended on it
hamilton couldn't either...
I doubt very much if Kimi started 10th as Hamilton did, that by that same stage of the race, he'd be anywhere near the back of Bottas. He would probably be 7th trying to get past a Toro Rosso.
That's a good enough reason, but Kimi has all the tell tale signs of someone who's had enough of the sport but kinda goes with the flow. He was impressive when he was winning races with a mediocre Lotus, and he looked great back then, but he looks "content", for lack of a better word. Lack of hunger.
Don't get me wrong, as a Ferrari fan, he's the last one to win a championship in a red car, and that was too damn long ago, but he just doesn't have that drive to win. I wish they had given a young, motivated driver a chance.
Well I'll be damned, you sort of gave him credit for Bahrain
Well done Kimi, solid result, couldn't ask for more I guess, Merc are still half a step away and Hamilton came 3rd cos of that first corner incident obviously.
Here you are discovering that Kimi was signed for this year.
You weren't happy about Kimi in the 2015 Russian Grand Prix, he missed out on the podium and had a crash but this comment?
Fucking Kimi, just why did they renew him for next year, was he on discount or something?
I detect some sarcasm back in silverstone 2015
Saddens me to say, Kimi just doesn't adapt well to the whole new eco-formula with the hybrid electric torquey engines.
I always said if Vettel was to join Ferrari, Kimi should be the one to leave. As much as i LOVE the guy, he's just not the best for Ferrari right now.
I couldn't find any reaction to him returning in 2015 but you seem to be easier on Kimi in 2014 which is interesting. I think this is the last time you give him the benefit of the doubt. Could be wrong.
Watched the race, it was reasonably entertaining. Real shame about Kimi, but for one reason or another, he's always missing out on his "potential", as if he inherited the Massa curse.

Hamilton was untouchable, unless something drastic happens (and it never does) the championship is over :(

In conclusion, it's mostly negative back until 2014 though there isn't a lot of comment on the 2015 races so who knows. In any case 2 years of Kimi comments and mostly negative therefore not full of shit.
The irony here is that Kimi actually did drive like he didn't have motivation in 2014 where as in 2015 and even in 2016 he's been driving very good races. He might not be good at qualifying but that's because the Ferrari doesn't get temperature into it's tires over 1 lap as easily as other cars do though Sebastian is able to work them better over one lap. In the race Kimi usually has plenty of pace.

Last edited:
I have been a long time fan of Kimi and Finnish racers in general and I have got to say its the first time my faith is faltering. I get the impression he is not giving it his all and that is sad.
I remember specially a situation in a race I think it was first or second year after he came back. It was a fight to the lead or at least second place. He cought up to someone who was going like 1 second a lap slower than him and told on team radio "I can do nothing". And he did nothing, just prodded along after the much slower car for 15+ laps until the end.
It was so obvious that he could do something that our national commentator said "If Kimi doesnt at least try ill eat my hat" and was dumbfounded when nothing at all happened.

I couldn't find any reaction to him returning in 2015 but you seem to be easier on Kimi in 2014 which is interesting. I think this is the last time you give him the benefit of the doubt. Could be wrong.

In conclusion, it's mostly negative back until 2014 though there isn't a lot of comment on the 2015 races so who knows. In any case 2 years of Kimi comments and mostly negative therefore not full of shit.
The irony here is that Kimi actually did drive like he didn't have motivation in 2014 where as in 2015 and even in 2016 he's been driving very good races. He might not be good at qualifying but that's because the Ferrari doesn't get temperature into it's tires over 1 lap as easily as other cars do though Sebastian is able to work them better over one lap. In the race Kimi usually has plenty of pace.

Oh well you look at that. You went back and did your research instead of running your mouth like an idiot. So you found that my patience for Kimi has been wearing down with time as it should when the results JUST DON'T SHOW UP, and no, a couple of podiums when your team mate is able to win are not good results; if you go back enough you'll find me complaining about the same thing with Alonso and Massa, it was exactly the same deal (which adds to my frustration in turn on why Ferrari insist on having a very good driver and a very mundane second fiddle).

Yes in 2014 I gave him the benefit of the doubt, having arrived to replace a very lackluster Massa, but the car was shit, so it was what it was. In 2015 however the car had evolved quite a lot and his newly arrived team mate wins 3 races to his none. Not to mention said team mate is much younger and a lot more proven than him. In 2015, this record also happened:
Best team mate head-to-head record: Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari - beat Kimi Raikkonen 14-4, with DNFs included [source]

In 2016 I don't see any improvements after 3 years of joining and 'getting used to the car and the team' so yes, I would be very glad if the lineup was refreshed, and if I have to choose between Kimi and Vettel, it is a no brainer.

There is no sarcasm in anything I wrote. I do love the guy as a driver and a personality, but as a Ferrari supporter, right now, I'd want him being his fun self somewhere where it doesn't cost the team points.

In conclusion, don't talk out of your ass, don't tell someone else how they feel about something.
You were looking for hate and you found slowly brewing frustration and a couple of hot headed comments after blatantly bad performances in specific races. Well done.

Last edited: