2016 German Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Creating thread after race is over... sign of the times.
What can one expect when the leader of a GP is shown on TV for the first two laps and the last two? This is so boring. Thank you Rosberg for gifting the ham sandwich another championship.

Mediocre performance from Ferrari, lost the 2nd place on the constructors to a team which wasnt even sure they'd have engines until not long ago.

Im getting fed up by the inconsistency of the marshalls and race director. Last week we get penalties over radio messages, this week they allow people to overtake outside of the track. What the flying fuck.

Rosberg forgot to turn again! Full lock, yes, but he wasn't even trying to make the turn.

Also, Max on the outside of t1 was proper awesome

I'm kind of regretting not sleeping in today... I should have just skipped the race. It's the same thing week after week.

I had high hopes for this race but really it just annoyed me the whole way, Ferrari were no where. Rosberg binned the start which gave Hamilton the victory as the Red Bull's pretty much held him up since they didn't have the pace to catch Hamilton.
At least Ricciardo took Vestappen for 2nd I guess and Button had a solid race, Fernando made some nice overtakes and so did Vestappen.

Well in FP1 it was, and in FP2 it wasn't anymore, and I think there's a 3 strike rule now.
Anyways, no harm done, no contact (although it was close) and no "will be investigated after the race" bullcrap.

A month of no F1 though, but the bright side is that 1) it's the awesomestest track evah and b) I shall be attending :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well in FP1 it was, and in FP2 it wasn't anymore, and I think there's a 3 strike rule now.
Anyways, no harm done, no contact (although it was close) and no "will be investigated after the race" bullcrap.

A month of no F1 though, but the bright side is that 1) it's the awesomestest track evah and b) I shall be attending :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The 3 strike rule applies when you're running alone, it's deemed you're gaining time by not respecting the track limits.
When it's about an overtake, whoever didn't respect the limits must give the place up if he stood to gain it/defend it that way.
So in this case, i think verstappen was let go. There was someone else gaining a place too some time after. Needs to stop, or do away with the rule altogether.

i liked that race

the alternating strategies made if for a tense watch, it was only towards the end it became clear what the ordering finish would be
i had actually expected rosberg to catch verstappen, glad he didn't!
and i wanted vettel to catch rosberg, but once again, ferrari was shit

and well done to mclaren, who definately got on the same level, or even overtook most of the midfield!

my first reaction about the rosberg/verstappen incident, was that rosberg forced him off, just like he tried to do with ham in austria
but after looking at a few replays, i do think rosberg got surprised by verstappen moving (who didn't expect rosberg to make a lunge, and opened the door again when he saw him coming), and actually outbraked himself
refusing to turn in, forcing the opponent to come to a stop and taking all flow out of the race, imo should bring a penalty though!

Last edited:
The 3 strike rule applies when you're running alone, it's deemed you're gaining time by not respecting the track limits.
When it's about an overtake, whoever didn't respect the limits must give the place up if he stood to gain it/defend it that way.
So in this case, i think verstappen was let go. There was someone else gaining a place too some time after. Needs to stop, or do away with the rule altogether.
Well they were alongside going into t1 so there was no place gained by going off the track.... It actually made overtaking more difficult because of the surface

For the love of god Ferrari, get out of F1 and get into something exciting.... F1 truly sucks!

For the love of god Ferrari, get out of F1 and get into something exciting.... F1 truly sucks!

Like what? Formula E? NASCAR? I've stuck my nose into other motor sports since I've gotten into F1 and none of them none are on the level of Formula 1.

Like what? Formula E? NASCAR? I've stuck my nose into other motor sports since I've gotten into F1 and none of them none are on the level of Formula 1.

this!

and F1 doesn't truly suck. it does if you want the nascar-style battle for the lead, but who cares about that juvenile banter?
the fastest cars, with different strengths, on different tires, with different strategies, the perfect receipe for the most tense 2h of my weekend
50 laps of nailbiting before it becomes clear who picked the correct one, i sometimes think my heartbeat must be higher than the drivers...

strategy rules!

but atm ferrari truly sucks, i give you that :lol:
they're like the spoiled brat who's always bragging about anything, but hasn't actually achieved anything

Last edited:

WEC is pretty entertaining as is WRC. LMP1 is pretty awesome right now too. Hell, Indy is more exciting than F1 right now.

sure it is! oh, fuck there is more than 20m between the cars, full course yellow!!! full course yellow!!!
and no series that has to do so much fuel and tire saving as indy
and there hardly ever is a battle that last over 2 corners, push to pass on the straight, and it's done

how can you say it's better than F1? it sucks balls

Have you seen any recent Indy race? Last season was epic, and this years Indy500 was more awesome than any F1 race this year.

Also, tyre saving in F1 is ridiculous compared to Indy

up to the indy 500, after that i gave up...

I don't care what anyone says about how fast they go and how hard it is to control the throttle, oval racing is not my thing, it seems to cater to that "we want crashes" mentality. Circuit racing in Indy is also not good, because of the type of circuits they choose, so narrow city circuits, there's no real racing just a series of accidents and broken wings.

The current and last season of Indy has been decent of the few races I've seen...

Look if you guys want to leave your rose-tinted glasses on, that's fine. However, the popularity of F1 has been on a steady decline since 2008 simply because it is no longer interesting. (I mean look at what happened to this sub-forum!)

Fans shouldn't have to wait an entire year for the cars, of the teams they follow, to improve and be competitive with the front runners. F1 needs to stop being an aerodynamicist's sport and be sport about drivers, engines, and suspension.

lol, he has a point though...
and if there is one thing on an F1 car that has no correlation with anything in the real world, it's the aerodynamics...
shouldn't be a spec formula either though, but i'm affraid it's one or the other, or a race to have the best aerodynamics, or make it into a spec

Last edited: