2016 ?koda Superb L&K video review

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack

They did a really good job on the design, imo. It'll attract exactly the kind of customers that ?koda wants, and then some. Because every car buyer doesn't want a pink Gallardo Roadster. :p

This is obviously a loaded model - L&K or Laurin & Klement is to ?koda these days what Ghia was to Ford back in the day. Personally, I could see myself driving one of these. I'll just have to wait for the estate to come out since I don't have any need for a sedan. I'll also have to wait for used ones to depreciate enough. :p

Am I just being cynical, or is the tiny trip computer display and old-fashioned dials (16 minutes in) another example of VAG marketing? VW and Audi gets way nicer stuff.

Am I just being cynical, or is the tiny trip computer display and old-fashioned dials (16 minutes in) another example of VAG marketing? VW and Audi gets way nicer stuff.

I think Skoda did an excellent job with the car's exterior design and they weren't allowed by VAG to make to interior too upmarket (integrated sat-nav, led dials for instance). Also having "last years" interior components keeps the costs down. The package with DAB radio, sat-nav and Blutooth is a EUR 1,300 upgrade, compared to 3000-4000 at Audi.

I think Skoda did an excellent job with the car's exterior design and they weren't allowed by VAG to make to interior too upmarket (integrated sat-nav, led dials for instance). Also having "last years" interior components keeps the costs down. The package with DAB radio, sat-nav and Blutooth is a EUR 1,300 upgrade, compared to 3000-4000 at Audi.

This. I think mainly to keep the Passat safe they have had to dial the interior down quite a bit. IMO the exterior design is miles better than the new Passat though, especially with the "crystal" LED's. From the spy shots the Combi looks like it will have a very Audi Avant ish side profile too so I can see the Superb becomming even more popular here in DK than it already is.

Edit: And I have recently started watching Autogef?hl reviews too. Very in depth and recent reviews of every day cars. There are a few stumbles here and there with the english but I can look past it. Biggest gripe is, that the reviews of the driving dynamics seems a little superficial/ un-nuanced. Ausfahrt.tv is also a very similar youtube channel with in depth reviews both in English and German.

Last edited: