2016 Malaysian GP

I missed most of the race but it was quite a dramatic start and a lucky break for Nico Rosberg. I'll have to watch the highlights to look for hints as to why Kimi wasn't closer to the Red Bulls and it's unfortunate what happened to Vettel at the start. Pretty hypocritical of Vestappen to criticise Vettel for that start since he did the same thing Vettel did and arguably worse just shows he's an arrogant little idiot.

I expect Lewis to destroy his hotel room again...

I wasn't expecting that finish. I recorded the race and when I saw this thread a little while ago with only 1 post, I figured it was another Mercedes one two.

Excited for Ricciardo, he definitely deserved that trophy. Pretty good race overall, quite a bit of chaos.

fuck you mercedes, fuck you rosberg, what a fucked up result :mad:

So tired of seeing races thrown away in the first corner. Vettel better be thinking long and hard about how he's driving because this string of incidents starts having only one element in common.
As for Hamilton throwing a hissy fit I'm not even bothered, he's always done this. Rossberg can be rightfully pissed about the spin, but glad about the over all result.

Hard to say whether Kimi couldn't close the gap more, without a frame of reference. Can't say for sure if he was not on point or if the car was just not good enough.

Last edited:
raikkonen had floor damage after the contact, not possible to keep up with a merc if that's the case...
rosberg basically made sure rai couldn't keep up

raikkonen had floor damage after the contact, not possible to keep up with a merc if that's the case...
rosberg basically made sure rai couldn't keep up

I honestly fell asleep, really early in the morning here, Japan will be even worse. Either way he was not keeping up with the Red Bulls, was he?

Weren't they like super strict on Rosberg's nudge, and super lenient on Vettel like they were with Verstappen before.

Also Verstappen overtook Kimi under SC apparently, no penalty either....

Are they just doing it like that to make the championship more interesting?

Weren't they like super strict on Rosberg's nudge, and super lenient on Vettel like they were with Verstappen before.

Are they just doing it like that to make the championship more interesting?

It is the FIA they do what they want when they want no need to question their decision making skills. :hammer:

Don't want to destroy your tin foil hat, but Vettel got a grid penalty for Japan. In fact, I thought the 10-sec penalty for Rosberg was clever, as it gave Kimi a fair chance to recover his place from Rosberg, but did not hand it to him. Kimi was unable to keep up, so the penalty had no consequences for Rosberg.

This was discussed on the Sky commentary: Apparently the Virtual Safety Car, unlike the "normal" Safety Car, ends the second the VSC status is turned off, not only after cars crossed a line on the track. Thus, Verstappen did nothing wrong.

Dammit, Dr_Grip... you present FACTS when everybody these days knows that the "felt truth" is much more real than facts? :p

Don't want to destroy your tin foil hat, but Vettel got a grid penalty for Japan. In fact, I thought the 10-sec penalty for Rosberg was clever, as it gave Kimi a fair chance to recover his place from Rosberg, but did not hand it to him. Kimi was unable to keep up, so the penalty had no consequences for Rosberg.

This was discussed on the Sky commentary: Apparently the Virtual Safety Car, unlike the "normal" Safety Car, ends the second the VSC status is turned off, not only after cars crossed a line on the track. Thus, Verstappen did nothing wrong.
I did learn about Vettel in the meanwhile, and the VSC thing was new to me :dunno:

Kimi could not keep up with Nico because a piece of wing tore off and broke something on the underside of the car aparrently...

Vettel better be thinking long and hard about how he's driving because this string of incidents starts having only one element in common.

I think it's the pressure getting to him. He's the Team's Number One, but Kimi is outperforming him and then you have Marchionne, Arrivabene and the Italian Press breathing down his neck at every moment to bring the team back to "greatness".