2016 Monaco Grand Prix

TC

aka TomCat
So Practice 2 this morning was interesting. Quite a few incidents with the barriers and a very strong performance by Ricciardo with his new and improved RB12. Could make for an interesting race, depending on how they qualify of course.

Being the slowest and most aero dependent circuit in the season, we could see a winner which isn't mercedes without needing them taking each other out at the beginning.

Being the slowest and most aero dependent circuit in the season, we could see a winner which isn't mercedes without needing them taking each other out at the beginning.

ie Red Bull
What I've seen from Ferrari so far isn't super impressive, but they usually are better in the race anyways.
Since Q is most important though, tomorrow will be super important

Sounds like Kimi is going to get a grid penalty since his gearbox broke in FP3, explains why he was 9 tenths off of Vettel.

Verstappen binned it at Piscine and will be starting from the back of the grid....
This + Kimi's penalty means it can become quite interesting if the Mercs aren't 1-2 on the grid

Ricciardo on pole position starting on super soft tires, he could potentially be looking at a Monaco victory.

Nice, i hope this makes it interesting and I really hope there's no T1 pile up.

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

My point about Raikkonen made? Anyone feels like arguing again? No? Good.

Fucks sake.

Kimi just sucks at Loews hairpin :dunno:

In the end it was just an another Merc win. Meh...

How dare Pirelli call those tyres ultrasofts? Ham had something like 40 laps on them.

Race was great when it was wet but it was such a shame that track dried up.

RB made colossal mistake and Rosberg was nowhere.

Perez and Alonso were drivers of the day! :)

Rosberg's tires must've been destroyed behind traffic, he got pipped by Hulkenberg at the end of the race.

Rosberg's tires must've been destroyed behind traffic, he got pipped by Hulkenberg at the end of the race.

To me it seemed that rain just got heavier because they did show Alonso and he went very slow in the latter part of the last lap.

According to Toto Wolff they taped Rosberg's brake ducts wrong which was why brakes and tyres never got to working temperature all race.

Shame that RBR gave away that win. Very disappointed for Ricciardo. I usually leave these races on my DVR until the next race, but I just deleted it right after it was over.

The stage-managing by Merc was appalling. Team orders against your championship leader. Yeah right. And his mysterious brake problems...

Rosberg's car was fucked up. He couldn't pass a bloody McLaren Honda. It was completely in Mercedes WCC's interests to let Hamilton pass, to have a chance at Ricciardo, Rosberg would have not kept up with him and would have slowed down Hamilton too.

Speaking of Ricciardo, WTF Red Bull. Ricciardo is the only part of the whole RBR+STR that didn't fuck everything up.

Rosberg's car was fucked up. He couldn't pass a bloody McLaren Honda. It was completely in Mercedes WCC's interests to let Hamilton pass, to have a chance at Ricciardo, Rosberg would have not kept up with him and would have slowed down Hamilton too.

Speaking of Ricciardo, WTF Red Bull. Ricciardo is the only part of the whole RBR+STR that didn't fuck everything up.

Well, how about not fucking up the car of your championship leader? For all the conspiracy theories about Merc wanting Rosberg to win. That didn't look like it. When was it the last time that the championship leader was ordered to let his team mate pass?

rosberg was on 47 lap old ultra softs
hulkenberg on 47 lap old softs

the moment the rain fell, there was so little carcass left on rossberg his tires, all grip went out of the window immediately
hulkenberg had harder tires, more canvas left, more body to retain the heat and enough grip left to overtake him out of the last corner

first time i jumped up for a hulkenberg overtake :p

i also jumped when riccardio arrived at his pits and there were no tires...
...and then i had to go get the vaccuumcleaner because i dropped the ashtray in the process :bangin: