2017 Australian GP

^that one was brilliant indeed!!! :D
unbelievable how rossi again managed to end up on the podium! :O

and i know it's weak, but i take joy in the fact lorenzo is struggeling so much

Last edited:
Im thinking pressurized "air" for some component. Don't the valves run on pneumatic pressure instead of springs in these engines?

That's the first time I remember someone having to pit to refill it though... Must have developed a leak somewhere

That's the first time I remember someone having to pit to refill it though... Must have developed a leak somewhere

As I recall, Renault were the first to use pneumatic valves with their first V10 in the Williams days and I remember their cars having to come in on occasion to top-off the air supply. Don't recall seeing it much, if at all, in recent years.

apparently it's used on the 2016 renault engine to cool the MGU-K!

Reliability concerns about the new MGU-K prompted the French car manufacturer to adopt a no-risk strategy at the first races for its work team, plus Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

But the move back to the 2016 version has not come without penalty, because the older specification is 5kg heavier and requires an extra 1kg air bottle for cooling.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-aims-to-use-2017-mgu-k-from-russian-gp-889203/

no idea how that would work though...

Last edited:
No idea either, but I'm sure "must refill mid-race" was not in the tech specs...