2017 Bahrain Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Ferrari at it again. I'm glad there's a talented artist somewhere getting paid for doing this:

17904290_1636364339726517_5036537430809746532_n.jpg

i think mercedes just didn't bother with setting a representative laptime
track was 47?C today, while only 25?C are expected for the race
except for where the corners go, there wasn't anything to learn...

Mercedes does seem to be able to get that little bit extra when it comes qualifying time but it's nice to see Bottas starting on pole.

I think it could bring a godo mix up when the race starts. Hamilton will do all he can to get past Bottas during the first few turns, and Bottas will do as much as he can to keep Hamilton behind, which gives the few people behind those two a good opportunity to catch them off guard.

...and Bottas will do as much as he can to keep Hamilton behind...

I don't know. Bottas only has a 1 year contract with Mercedes, he may be thinking bigger picture. I'm sure he will try to get the best start that he can, but I don't think he will do anything risky when it comes to Lewis Hamilton.

How do you mean bigger picture? Bottas isn't looking for the next big drive he's in it. If he's not thinking that this could be his 1 chance to win a WDC then what the hell is he doing in formula 1. If he wants to be in this title fight he needs to win this ideally with his teammate off of the podium.

How do you mean bigger picture? Bottas isn't looking for the next big drive he's in it. If he's not thinking that this could be his 1 chance to win a WDC then what the hell is he doing in formula 1. If he wants to be in this title fight he needs to win this ideally with his teammate off of the podium.

This, there would be no better way to look at "the bigger picture" than to take the fight to the man himself.

Unless his bigger picture is to be the forever number 2 who dutifully bends over and takes it.

What I mean is, if you wanted to score a multi-year contract with Mercedes, what would you do?

Battle their star driver and take stupid risks, which may result in a crash and a double DNF?

Probably not a winning strategy. I think Bottas will try to win races and get more poles, but I just don't see him putting up much of a fight against Lewis. He may prove me wrong, but Bottas has never struck me as an overly emotional guy. He seems a bit more calm and calculating, but that could just be his Finnish personality. :p

Scoring pole and then coming second is not brilliant either... Doesn't send the message you're a huge winner.
Besides, Mercedes' dominance is bound to end sooner or later, you need to show your winning ability for any and all future employers.

Again, it depends on who you are trying to impress. What the other teams would like to see from Bottas and what Mercedes would like to see from Bottas, are going to be 2 different things. Mercedes can talk about how they want their drivers to race each other, but you and I both know it's just talk. They would prefer a nice safe consistent 1 - 2 every race with minimal risk. Bottas isn't just in a top team, he is in THE top team. Sure, Mercedes won't dominate forever, but they are almost definitely going to be one of the top teams for years to come, or until they pull out.

Bottas can play it safe this year, prove himself to be a fast reliable drama-free driver and score a big contract, or he could pull a Kvyat and end up in a Sauber. :lol:

So Bottas just let Hamilton pass, not sure what to make of that. I guess he's hoping he can stay close enough to Hamo that the penalty will take effect.
...Looks like Bottas lost out to Hamo with that strategy but they successfully kept Kimi off the podium which I suspect they had in mind when they told Bottas to get out of the way.

Last edited:
So Bottas just let Hamilton pass, not sure what to make of that. I guess he's hoping he can stay close enough to Hamo that the penalty will take effect.
...Looks like Bottas lost out to Hamo with that strategy but they successfully kept Kimi off the podium which I suspect they had in mind when they told Bottas to get out of the way.
Well there you have it. After the pit stop and penalty, he let him through again. He just stated he's an obedient number 2, I will be extremely surprised to see him as a championship contender.

Other than that, Wooooo! Ferrari! Perfect race from Vettel, safety car almost ruined things again...
Kimi I won't even comment anymore, he's just not into it.

The racing so far is great, the top 7 cars were within 5 seconds or something up until the first round of pits, how long has it been since we seen that?

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

I think maybe Kimi got stuck behind Felipe too long at the start of the race, he was really booking it at the end his pace was up there with Hamilton. He gained places though so he had a much better race then China even with his tech issues.

Just watching the post-race interviews. Where the hell did Hamilton get that faux-American accent? :lol:

I think maybe Kimi got stuck behind Felipe too long at the start of the race, he was really booking it at the end his pace was up there with Hamilton. He gained places though so he had a much better race then China even with his tech issues.

This. Last race it was Ricciardo, now it was Massa who held him up. Still a decent result for Ferrari, undercut worked brilliantly for Vettel.
Would have been even better if it weren't for the SC at the perfect time for Merc

This. Last race it was Ricciardo, now it was Massa who held him up. Still a decent result for Ferrari, undercut worked brilliantly for Vettel.
Would have been even better if it weren't for the SC at the perfect time for Merc
Yeah but it's always him man. The second time he was behind massa he was on brand new super softs, he should have been able to get past him no problem. Then he sets fastest laps like that gives you any extra points.

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

Who cares, Ferrari are leading the drivers and the constructors at the moment and it's only 3 races into the season. Kimi actually has more points at this point of the season than any year since he rejoined Ferrari. Actually looking at his record with the exception of 2013 he hasn't began a season this well since 2008.

Last edited:
NnpEVbN.png

Go vote there. This is reddit's formula1 sub, and they fucking love Kimi and his "bwoah"s.

yk82fv5.png

Last edited: