2017 Formula One silly season thread

Renault Sport is next:

0ctXeak.jpg

JHa9qlX.jpg

G4v8n3q.jpg

HHPCZWt.jpg

More here:
https://imgur.com/a/7P7Nc

Doesn't look bad either, kinda reminds me of a bee. We'll see if it stings.

Last edited:
that looks pretty bad ass if you ask me!

Force India launch:

ZkxRZO1.jpg

NfVj5Db.jpg

jdgI2C5.jpg

I like the angled rear wings, it gives some movement to the car even stationary.

Force India really need to do something with their shark fin though. It just looks odd, even more so than side pods, being completely blank. At least black it out like the Sauber.

They ran out of carbon fiber and just grabbed the odd sign board from the street, cut it to size, stick it there

Mercedes had to film their track bits before weather ruined the shoot, so images leaked out before official reveals:

Mercedes-AMG-W08-F1-Auto-2017-lightbox-4af52c4c-1008582.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-W08-F1-Auto-2017-fotoshowBig-6362e03a-1008600.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-W08-F1-Auto-2017-fotoshowBig-8c430f17-1008691.jpg

Interestingly, no huge fin from Merc... do I have to root for them this year?

Last edited:
No fin, normal nose, good bright colour scheme.... Best one yet!

Like Sauber, really like Renault, hate Force India, ambivalent on Mercedes.

Our first double-dip tomorrow! Ferrari and McLaren.

Well, McLaren went with... orange. Yes, orange:

9MFLbK7.jpg

v0nNOrm.jpg

Pxp7TAE.jpg

Eeeeeeeehhh... :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Ferrari, surprisingly enough, is going with red this year...

CRRUpzv.png

HTE8RMt.jpg

NYlRguH.jpg

d1044b70-be4a-4613-b048-828b8e40b1fd

Predictable enough... looks good with the new wings. Those sidepods look rather weird though.

**edit
People are pointing out that weird T shaped wing thing at the end of the shark fin. It's painted white so I missed it the first time. Did Ferrari find a loophole in the rules which allows a secondary wing/airflow handling thingy attached to the shark fin?

Clearly seen here with Kimi doing a shakedown:

5BIhPqC.png

Last edited:
I know some people hate when they shake up the regs just when the other teams are starting to catch up, but it does make things exciting for the next season. Mercedes will probably dominate again, but it's difficult to say where the chips will fall.

Agree with Rex about the new McLaren. I don't mind orange, but I think the shade is a bit flat and the livery isn't very imaginative. It would have been better in their volcano orange.

mclarenp1-01-m.jpg

**edit
People are pointing out that weird T shaped wing thing at the end of the shark fin. It's painted white so I missed it the first time. Did Ferrari find a loophole in the rules which allows a secondary wing/airflow handling thingy attached to the shark fin?

Clearly seen here with Kimi doing a shakedown:

5BIhPqC.png

If they did, Mercedes is aware of it too, as they had Bottas running around with a gigantic T sprouted off the back of their mohawk.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube video with Bottas' number 77 running around with the T-wing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDwmPp_3sc

Last edited:
i think the side profile of that McLaren looks awesome

If they did, Mercedes is aware of it too, as they had Bottas running around with a gigantic T sprouted off the back of their mohawk.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube video with Bottas' number 77 running around with the T-wing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDwmPp_3sc

Oh man that looks ghastly! I do hope they crack down on this before it becomes a thing. 2009 regs were supposed to strip down all of these little winglets and T wings and seagull wings and... they're all slowly coming back.

Speaking of seagull wings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6I29UlOZSo

Unrelated but I thought it was funny

Williams released images of their new car.

williams-fw40-three-quarter.jpg

williams-fw40-front.jpg

Another livery that makes the shark fin look like a billboard.

williams-fw40-side.jpg

The cars all look quite weird from the side because there is this big drop that happens between the shark fin and the rear wing. Apart from the Mercedes obviously which doesn't have a shark fin so it makes you wonder since they've been so far ahead of the field in car design. The Williams is even more weird because the shark fin is almost square in appearance and they haven't highlighted the fin by painting it seperate from the car. I'll be interesting to see how close the field is this year, last year you had Mercedes and then it was basically Ferrari in 2nd until they lost it (Allison) and Red Bull over took them.

The cars all look quite weird from the side because there is this big drop that happens between the shark fin and the rear wing. Apart from the Mercedes obviously which doesn't have a shark fin so it makes you wonder since they've been so far ahead of the field in car design. The Williams is even more weird because the shark fin is almost square in appearance and they haven't highlighted the fin by painting it seperate from the car.

Yeah, it would be nice if they made the white sections a matte or satin black color instead.

williamsedit.jpg

The cars all look quite weird from the side because there is this big drop that happens between the shark fin and the rear wing. Apart from the Mercedes obviously which doesn't have a shark fin so it makes you wonder since they've been so far ahead of the field in car design. The Williams is even more weird because the shark fin is almost square in appearance and they haven't highlighted the fin by painting it seperate from the car. I'll be interesting to see how close the field is this year, last year you had Mercedes and then it was basically Ferrari in 2nd until they lost it (Allison) and Red Bull over took them.

Mercedes already confirmed the release images don't have a shark fin, but they have one ready and will test it next week, and make a decision afterwards
i also don't think the departure of allison was the main reason why RB overtook ferrari, even with allisson, RB would've finished in front
i think the main culprit is macchiato or whatever his name is, who puts too much pressure, and too much responsibility too low on the paygrade

how many names of employees have been featured in the media last year when talking about ferrari? when talking about Mercedes, Wolf, Lauda and Lowe were the ONLY names ever to appear in print, all their employees are shielded by these 3 characters, making them flourish...

just my humble opinion...