2017 United States Grand Prix

Kiskaloo

fe1eed23-e239-424d-8a98-ee5dc2514748

Watching FP1 at the moment and the course is a bit greasy from earlier showers so a number of spins with the teams appearing to be on Inters.

Last edited:
So Hartley is given a grid penalty because Kvyat, who currently is driving sainz' car, used too many components :bangin:

It makes perfect sense when you remember that the penalties track with the car and not the drivers.

Last edited:
Vettel takes the lead at the start and Valteri and Daniel going at it through the esses!

EDIT - Once DRS was available Lewis easily by, but hopefully Seb can keep in touch. Daniel and Valteri are still going at it with Kimi lurking behind.

Last edited:
Oh, Kimi... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Mercedes matching RBR's 4 championships, gleeeeeeeeee...
In all seriousness those things just don't break down so it's well deserved.

Verstappen driver of the day by far

Oh come on that dirty cheat cut the corner and Kimi was running out of fuel that's not a proper overtake.
5 second penalty, Kimi is back on the podium.

Last edited:
That was the best race of the year so far! Gutted for Kimi though.... But Max deserved that spot

And now he gets 5 s penalty and it's Kimi anyway???

Last edited:
Yeah that penalty is bollocks. Max got a deserved third and the stewards are just nitpicking.

Traditionally to make an overtake you are required to make it on the track.
Apparently Kimi was only narrowly on the podium because he slowed way down after he was overtaken.

Last edited:
There were a couple of instances where drivers went off and came back to defend their places (Bottas in the first laps vs RIC I think), and that's why I don't like these very forgiving circuits where you go off and there's just tarmac there and keep your foot down... no real incentive to stay within bounds, specially when the stewards fail to penalize a defense or an attack when it happens OOB.

I'm not saying at the very edge of all circuits there should be gravel, I don't like it as an option either cos it makes braking harder and leads to accidents IMO, but the tarmac outside the circuit should be even more penalizing than it is now (as I understand, right now it's made of a more abrasive tarmac or asphalt).

Wasn't sure that I was going to bother to watch this one since the drivers championship is already more or less decided, but it turned out to be well worth it. Very entertaining race most of the way through.

Traditionally to make an overtake you are required to make it on the track.
Apparently Kimi was only narrowly on the podium because he slowed way down after he was overtaken.

Sure, but the stewards are inconsistent. Several drivers exceeded track limits earlier in the race and retained or regained places as a result, Bottas for certain. If you are going to penalise people then do it across the board.

Max put on a hell of a drive and would've gotten by Kimi there regardless. He either got over zealous or was trying to give Kimi space since he was twitching all over the track.

Personally, I really enjoyed the Stroll-Hartley battle. We were inside turn 12 at the support paddock and got to see them (and everyone else) fight through turns 12 and 13. Stroll caught him quick after they pit, but once he got past, Hartley hung on until the end and nearly got by him there a couple times.

It was the first race I've ever been to in person and it was awesome all around.

A couple crummy phone snaps of the support paddock.
tumblr_oycb0zAiOe1tgqhwyo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_oycb0zAiOe1tgqhwyo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_oycb0zAiOe1tgqhwyo9_1280.jpg

Last edited: