2018 Hungarian Grand Prix

Kiskaloo

A wet and wild qualifying favored the Mercedes, but the race is expected to be dry and hot which should throw it back to Ferrari as they were the best in the dry. A bad day for RBR, however, putting Daniel well in the back (12th) and Max (7th) sandwiched between the two Toro Rosso cars.

Last edited:
I think the race start will result in some carnage. The Ferrari's are going to try and pounce immediately on the Mercs, which has resulted in contact multiple times already this year. The Haas cars are also very fast and have both Toro Rosso's in front of them, so hopefully they all survive the first few laps. The Red Bulls are 7th and 12th, so they'll be moving through the field quickly as well. The start is definitely going to be a nail biter. I would not be surprised if we see a couple first lap retirements.

A quiet race for Lewis as he motors off to an easy win. All the action was in the back with Bottas hitting Vettel and then Daniel to go from 2nd to 5th at the end. Between being stuck behind Sainz for a lap and a slow pit stop, Vetell pitted first and exited third and was frankly lucky to finish 2nd, IMO. Kimi finished where he started in 3rd so the Scuderia at least did well on the WCC side, reducing their gap to 10. Daniel had a fantastic drive to go from 16th at the first corner to 4th at the last. Max suffered a PSU failure early on, otherwise he probably would have been on the podium with the Ferrari strategy and traffic issues.

No Hungarian GP winner has gone on to win the WDC since Schumacher in 2004. Can Lewis break the "curse"? He goes into the Summer Break with two wins and a 24-point lead so he should feel good.

Last edited:
This race was garbage. I've resorted to watching the broadcast on Telemundo because Brundle & Co. couldn't be more nauseating as announcers. I don't get what all of the hoopla is with them.

Was hoping for a Vettel win but I guess qualifying put a stop to that. The start didn't really work out for the Ferrari's, presumably because they were on the harder tire compound and because of this Mercedes were able to just slot Bottas between Lewis and the Ferrari drivers and have him sit there for the whole race while Lewis builds a gap.

that race was rather boring
but hey, from time to time you need one of those as well!

Bottas moves ... dude...

bottas? the contact with ricciardo was totally his mistake, i think he had some fumes hanging over his judgement at that moment
but the contact with vettel was totally vettel's fault.

by now everyone knows that when a car is braking hard, and you swerve in front, you take away the airflow over the front wing, they lose the downforce, lock some wheels and hit you in the rear!
it's the same thing that happened between max and daniel in baku.

Last edited:
Thought this was an interesting listen. :p

nsfw language