2018 Mexican GP

TC

aka TomCat
It was great to see Ricciardo snag pole for this race, and that first lap is going to be exciting, especially going into turn 1. Carnage would not be a surprise.

Vettel had a decent race but not good enough to win it only good enough to finish ahead of Hamilton which is what he needed to do in the last 5 races. Ricciardo giving Renault some more data on how to not to make their engine next year.

That was a pretty decent race, I thought. Gutted for Ricciardo, the guy just can't catch a break. Reports are that it was a hydraulic issue, so maybe not Renault's fault, but regardless he said his car is cursed this year.

I did find the radio message from Will Smith to Lewis after the checkered flag to be a bit cringy. It sounded prerecorded to me, since I didn't see Will Smith anywhere, and because he praised Lewis for a great race and a great drive, even though it was a rather poor showing from Mercedes and their drivers. I don't think F1 should be including fake prerecorded messages from celebrities like that, assuming that is what they did. Just keep it within the team, showing their honest reactions and emotions.

i wondered who that was, made no sense indeed