2019 F1 Season thread

Ahh, I meant to put a message in there about finding that image hilarious. Alonso looking like a rockstar, Mark looking like he's having a religious experience, and Vettel looking like he's about to have a temper tantrum.

yawn

The Spanish Grand Prix is rarely an exciting race if we're honest about it. It had its moments and Ferrari showed that they sort of have the pace but when it doesn't matter or will make a difference.
I find it interesting that this year Ferrari seems to be having trouble on the softer tires and are quick on the harder tires where previously it was the complete opposite.

at least the start was exciting

Was it?

The Problem is the combination of reliability and domination - even in the bad old days where the top three (usually cars from two of the three - McLaren, Williams, Ferrari) lapped the entire field, something could or would break and shake up things, while today, where there rarely is any mechanical issue at all, a single-brand dominance makes everything even more boring.

my heart was pounding after turn 3, so for me, yeah it was :)

another problem for this year is that there doesn't seem to be a battle for the midfield either
you have merc at the top, then the 2 ferrari's, then the red bull, then the haas, then the mclaren, then the torro rosso, then the renault, ...
there is no overlap in performance between teams, they're all on their own island

another problem for this year is that there doesn't seem to be a battle for the midfield either
you have merc at the top, then the 2 ferrari's, then the red bull, then the haas, then the mclaren, then the torro rosso, then the renault, ...
there is no overlap in performance between teams, they're all on their own island
McLaren is ahead of Haas in the constructor's standing right now.

that's because haas still employs grosjean :p

1. how did they expect to get away with that logo?
  2. how have they been able to exist this long without getting sued sooner?

but i think they just can add a branch and be ok?

I know it's not F1, but apparently McLaren and Alonso just failed to qualify for the Indy 500. lol

is there one carlin-prepped car that actually managed to qualify?
the only thing this shows, is what a super job andretti did preparing the 2017 car, and that i was not alonso's superpowers that got him p9 on the grid that year

Fernando has to get as far away from McLaren as humanly possible. It's such a shame he's wasting his last competitive years with a team that clearly has not had its shit together for nearly a decade.

to be honest, i think McLaren deserves some credit in this case.
it's all spec cars, so to stand out you really need to know the cars inside out, and know how to read the monitoringtools to know what fiddling will give you that minute edge over the competition
they can't know all the quircks of those cars on that short amount of timespan

and alonso crashed the car mclaren prepared for him on tuesday, so had to take a carlin prepped one to do the qualifying
and none of the carlin guys left an impression, carlin fucked up big time for this race

EDIT: i take that back...
https://wtf1.com/post/the-wrong-sha...baffling-errors-mclaren-made-at-the-indy-500/
yes, they fucked terribly!

The dominance Mercedes demonstrated early in the V6 turbo hybrid era was extremely impressive.

But their dominance so far this season has a certain sense of comedy about it.