Spied: 2019 GT500 leaked?

Tremec might disagree with you. There are reasons they sell more than one transmission.

Thats a lot of torques that need beefing
Certainly but it's still taking a design that already exists and modifying it rather than a whole new transmission from scratch. Like it would be for say the C8.
Tremec might disagree with you. There are reasons they sell more than one transmission.
Yeah like the fact that all engines aren't exactly the same size and bolt pattern and some are transverse and some are longitudinal and then there are FWD, AWD, RWD, 4WD cars. Oh and some are transaxle some are midship, etc..

The bellhousing is a seperate piece on tremec RWD transmissions. Which is exactly what i was talking about for the RWD car.

The bellhousing is a seperate piece on tremec RWD transmissions. Which is exactly what i was talking about for the RWD car.
The part that connects to the engine seems pretty integrated to me...

Hmm let's see according to specs for a grand total of a whole TWO 6 speed FR transmissions they have:
Tremec 3160- http://www.tremec.com/anexos/TREMEC_TR-3160_1017.pdf

Now I'm no big city engineer (oh wait I actually am!) But it sure as fuck looks like they have multiple gear sets that can handle different torque ranges in the same exact transmission.

It also seems like the 6060 - http://www.tremec.com/anexos/TREMEC_TR-6060_1017.pdf can handle a max of 650tqs which is a whole 25 more than GT500 makes.

Okay Mr big city engineer, does it fit into the space that is available in that application?

That also appears to be a fairly universal fit bellhousing. Ie, it has mutiple bolt patterns.

Probably would, there is about a 4" difference in overall length. Point being is that same transmission can absolutely take different gearsets with different torque rating. You know how it says right in the screenshot:

Length is not the big worry, it is the width of the box.

One other thing, does it meet Ford's durability specs?

Not at that power level.

Power is irrelevant, torque is what matters, which is why it has a torque rating not a power rating. Since it has a gear set with a high enough rating, was used in a GT500 previously, bolts into the S550 chassis with no actual modification (replacing a cross member doesn't require hacking up the body of the car). It clearly is a viable option for manual transmission for the new GT500.

Power [hp] = Torque [ft-lb] x RPM ÷ 5252.

So that means power is relevant. :tease:

Torque is a force actin on an object, that is the relevant figure for transmission components. So no it isn't relevant to the discussion.

Just because Ford has used that trans before does not mean it meets their criteria for whatever reason. Get over it, or buy an older one with what you want.

You already admitted torque is part of the equation for power, so you already admitted that power is a factor.

You can't possibly prove that it did meet Ford's durability standards anymore than I can prove it didn't.

Mostly, I just get bored with your arguing over the smallest rhing.

So,

Just because Ford has used that trans before does not mean it meets their criteria for whatever reason. Get over it, or buy an older one with what you want.