2020 Corvette C8 Unveiled

But, that is a torque converter auto, not a DCT? If my memory serves me correct...

You are correct.
It's the same unit as the Camty, supposedly tuned by Lotus to be more "performance oriented" than the original.

Hmm, I did not know most Mustang owners are felons. This explains lot about some of you guys. :mrgreen::p:tease:

Has a car company ever actually succeeded in targeting a younger audience? I hear that a lot, but it seems like they always fail, while other car companies fall ass backwards into a younger customer base by accident. It's almost like they would have a higher chance of success by not trying to go after younger buyers.

Has a car company ever actually succeeded in targeting a younger audience? I hear that a lot, but it seems like they always fail, while other car companies fall ass backwards into a younger customer base by accident. It's almost like they would have a higher chance of success by not trying to go after younger buyers.
I think it's really a matter of making something appealing, like the Wrangler, 350z or the Coyote Mustang. They are viewed as cool cars and as such attract all ages.

I think it's really a matter of making something appealing, like the Wrangler, 350z or the Coyote Mustang. They are viewed as cool cars and as such attract all ages.
Yep, that's what I mean. I've never heard of those brands being redesigned to appeal to younger buyers. They just build a good product and the buyers show up with their wallets, young and old. Every time I hear some PR about "appealing to a younger buyer" I roll my eyes. I remember Scion doing this and they ended up with one of the oldest average buyer stats in the business.

Mazda with the Miata/MX5. I am sure there are other examples.

Did Mazda really go specifically for the younger market? I always thought they simply tried to make a fun to drive car in the spirit of old british roadsters.

They do. Briefly. Then manufacturers once again have that terrifying realization that what young people want overlaps rather significantly with what old people want (See: Scion xB)

Mazda with the Miata/MX5. I am sure there are other examples.

Disagree. In the US, the MX5 was never marketed at the college age or recent college graduate demographic. In fact, it was originally marketed to 30 something women, Boomers that wanted a reliable LBC, and covertly marketed to 30 something gay men; which is where the Miata-is-gay stereotype came in.

I may be wrong , but I watched early ads on YouTube and it seems to me they went for a nostalgia angle.

I may be wrong , but I watched early ads on YouTube and it seems to me they went for a nostalgia angle.

A few years ago, I posted some of the print ads that they ran at the time to this very thread; those were the demographics they were going after at the time. "Nostalgia" is "Boomers that wanted a reliable LBC (Little British Car; aka MG, Lotus Elan, Spitfire, etc.)"

Lamborghini Huracan, the car of the rich millenial.

Lamborghini Huracan, the car of the rich millenial.
If only I didn't think that Bitcoin would just be an untraceable currency for people to buy drugs with in 2011...

I told myself the same thing when overnight through a reddit comment dogecoin was born a couple of years ago. :D

After some thought: How would you define success?

After some thought: How would you define success?
I suppose it depends on what the manufacturer was aiming for. I mean, if their average buyer age is like 70, and it drops to 68, is that what they were hoping for?