2020 Corvette C8 Unveiled

The engine seems to be more powerful than suggested.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-power-dyno/

How Much Power Does the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Really Make? We Take it to the Dyno and Find Out

The speedometer on the screen reads 150 mph, but the front wheels are not moving at all. Once the engine noise winds down and the wheels stop spinning, the numbers we're looking for pop up on the screen—558 hp and 515 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. "We've got a hot rod!" says international bureau chief Angus MacKenzie, who has been standing next to me all this time.
We're in shock. A quick math check reveals that's an estimated 656 hp and 606 lb-ft of torque at the crank if we assume a 15-percent drivetrain loss—way over the 495 hp and 470 lb-ft that Chevy claims. (That 15 percent represents the power consumed by everything between the engine crankshaft and the drive wheels, including inertia of all the spinning parts, power to run the hydraulic pump in an automatic or twin-clutch transmission, the drag that occurs when gears spin through lubricating oil, friction between the gear teeth, etc. It's an educated guestimate frequently used across the industry for modern light-duty automatic transmissions—manuals experience slightly smaller losses; older or heavier-duty automatics slightly larger ones.)

This is just a short bit from the article, but you get the point. The article is worth a full read.

The engine seems to be more powerful than suggested.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-power-dyno/

How Much Power Does the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Really Make? We Take it to the Dyno and Find Out
This is just a short bit from the article, but you get the point. The article is worth a full read.
Ha! I was right they did underrate the shit out of it and there was no way they coulda been that quick to 60 with the stated power/torque.

I knew that would make you happy.

It is not surprising, GM has a long history of low balling power figures, especially when it comes to the Corvette.

Edit:

GM also has a history of sneaking in a more powerful engine to magazines and reviewers.

I knew that would make you happy.

It is not surprising, GM has a long history of low balling power figures, especially when it comes to the Corvette.
Awww you care :p

Yeah a lot of companies under rate their power numbers, from reports about my car it was also somewhat underrated from the factory just not by that much. I do tend to take a lot of these tests with a grain of salt, you can do a lot of tuning on the dyno to show different numbers, not to mention there is always going to be a difference between a car running from cold or from warm, ambient temp and pressure, and so on... I remember seeing an article that explained it all as it pertained to aftermarket tunes, where you will get some crazy claim like +50 hp* with nothing but a CAI and exhaust in addition to the tune

*Not too far off on turbos but when they claim that for NA motors...

There was a mistake made on that dyno when they set it up, so the article posted above is wrong.

Here is a show all about the C8.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/chevrolet-corvette-c8-stingray-confirmed-uk-launch-2021

Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray confirmed for UK launch in 2021

Chevrolet has confirmed European specification details for its new C8 Corvette Stingray, which will be the first Corvette in the model's 67-year history to officially be sold in right-hand-drive form.

Arriving in European dealerships in the second half of 2021, the C8 will be available in both coupé and convertible guises, from £81,700 and £87,110 respectively. All models sold here will be specified with the Z51 performance package and highly specified 2LT trim as standard.

That means all European cars will gain a number of hardware upgrades over the base-spec US car, including manually adjustable suspension, larger brake discs, an electronic limited-slip differential, a shorter axle ratio, a performance exhaust system, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres and an aerodynamically enhancing bodykit.

Additional standard equipment fitted includes a head-up display, data recorder, sat-nav, 14-speaker Bose sound system, rear camera 'mirror' and heated, ventilated seats.

The first Corvettes to arrive will be limited-run Launch Edition cars, which will pack a magnetic ride control system and bespoke design details that set them apart from the standard models.

More at the link.

I didn't realize GM still had a European network. Looking at their site it appears to be just the Corvette and Camaro.

We also get the Cruze and volt, and you can also get Cadillacs! although I wouldn't know where...

We did get the Cruze and I'm not sure we got the Volt (we got it as an Opel Ampera for sure, but I'm not 100% sure that we got it as a Chevrolet), but apart from Corvette and Camaro, no new Chevrolets are sold on European soil since 2016.