[20x04] July 21st, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
4/6. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embark on a project to build a car that can turn into a hovercraft and bring relief to flooded areas of Britain. Their efforts do not start smoothly, but it is not long before the trio are demonstrating the brilliance of their creation with an eventful journey down the River Avon. Plus, Jeremy grabs the keys to two variants of the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG supercar - the V8-engined Black Series with a roaring 622bhp, and the 740bhp Electric Drive, which is powered by four electric motors. X-Men and Les Miserables star Hugh Jackman is the latest celebrity to take the new Reasonably Priced Car around the test track.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ck5qdg/top-gear--series-20---episode-4

The SLS and the Ferrari 458 - are these the most commonly featured cars on Top Gear...ever? (apart from the SIARPC...car).

But honestly, just based on the description I will not even bother watching this one. I'll just watch something from drive.

For once the only thing most people are likely to be interested in is the SIARPC.

AMG fanboi-ism plus scripted fail in comedy character and shouting? Oh well, at least I am going to the Air tattoo at Fairford that day.

"I'm not going to watch the show and I don't care if they know that", huh? ;)

That's right, I really don't care. Don't forget that this forum was never intended to be read by Andy Wilman or anyone from the TG office. We're our own community, and while it may have started with our shared love for Top Gear, I'd say it has transcended that and at this point the majority of senior members are much more interested in cars in general, than they are in Top Gear.

How many episodes are left in this series? I'm really hoping they've gotten the cheap scripted shit out of their system by this point in the season.

I haven't lost hope yet....it COULD turn out to be something like the amphibious car episode....

How many episodes are left in this series? I'm really hoping they've gotten the cheap scripted shit out of their system by this point in the season.

Six altogether. So this one + two more.

Jezza's AMG love, plus the hovercraft? Looks like this is going to be the ultimate stinker in this series.

I dunno The last time they did hovercrafts (and the 4 wheelers) back in Season 6 episode 10 is still one of my favorite segments.

Yeah, but this is more in the "How Hard Can It Be" vein. Amphibious Vehicles IV. (I think it's their fourth go at this sort of thing?)

Don't get your hopes up. I think we just had the "proper" episode. It can now only go downhill faster than a rocket-powered Mini on skis.

Jezza's AMG love, plus the hovercraft? Looks like this is going to be the ultimate stinker in this series.

Yup. Looks like next sunday we'll have to pay for the only proper TG-episode thus far in the season (20x03).

Re-rehash (or is it "re-re-rehash"?) of the amphibious car challenge plus more 600+ hp supercars that we've already seen on the show. Come on Jezza, you big old fanboi.. is a silly Black Series of an already insanely powerful and expensive exotic AMG really worth a big review? Remember how much you loved the SL Black...

I'm not holding my breath for this one.

S.

I dunno The last time they did hovercrafts (and the 4 wheelers) back in Season 6 episode 10 is still one of my favorite segments.

One of my favourite segments too ... but they didn't "build" any of those themselves.

Shame they are wasting another segment on "testing" a car they have already done to death over numerous previous series.

Hugh Jackman, eh? Wow, they've really hooked onto the A-list for SIARPC haven't they? Did either Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross drop out of the talk-show circuit or something?

In before someone mentions Chris Harr...

Damn it! >.<

Forget Chris Harris. I just found my favourite car reviewer ... on carbuyer.co.uk. Rebecca Jackson :love::

[video=youtube;U-BF9nchn2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-BF9nchn2A[/video]

They only seem to give her the "girlie" cars to test, but she does them with detail, enthusiasm and some light-hearted good humour. She has some credibility too, being a racing driver, and does inject her reviews with some considered examination of the driving characteristics of the cars. She is also very cute (but that is a highly subjective assessment on my part).

She won't appear on Top Gear any time soon though, as I believe she will soon be a presenter on ITV4, on a show called "I Want That Car"

Yeah, Rebecca is quite nice, seen one of two of her reviews before... :)

Back on topic... yes, this week will probably be fire and falling over and shouting but I'm looking forward to it- mainly because me and a mate built a hovercraft from scratch (twice!) out of wood, lawnmower engines and assorted junk. So I'll be able to relate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.