[20x05] July 28th, 2013

[20x05] July 28th, 2013

• Total voters
To which word is Volvo close? @ 11:40

Oh, yeah. I'm a slowpoke...

it's a classical formula for making funny stuff work; repetition.

And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.

Funny eh...

And..there you're wrong.
And..there you're wrong.
etc.

Funny eh...

By the time time I got to the bottom of your comment, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Nearly lost consciousness. Glad you didn't repeat the line a few more times, my lungs might've ruptured.

Well done episode.
The caravan- and SUV-abuse segment had me laughing in tears.
Guest was decent enough to not skip. As were the news.
Lambo and Porsche films were nice. The Porsche-bit being filmed in winter with James in a big sweater was a bit of a laugh and no real review of the 991. But every minute screentime of the singer porsche was well spend. Maybe should have edited out the 991 bit :D

8/10

People from the UK, what is "The Tip"? is it just some recycling center with a weird name or what? I really didn't understand that gag.

A tip is a recycling centre.In Australia we have tips,which is just a big landfill area run by the local council.Now they're slowly closing them and building recycling centres like you saw on TG,but people still call that the tip as it's where you take your rubbish.

Decent ep for sure, 8/10. News could've been a bit better and the quest was instant skip as usual. Caravan wasn't that bad for once.

9/10 I enjoyed watching it.
Loved the Porsche segment though it was a little short and light on 991 Info BUT that Singer Porsche was something else, loved it. Great review by James (I much prefer James' reviews).
Disappointed they didn't take the 991 and the Singer around the track, would have liked to have seen the 991 go around and compare it with the 997.
The news with Jeremy interrupting with his anti 911 was a little annoying (the jumped up Beetle jokes are getting a little old now).
The Lambo review was good, comprehensive and enjoyable not just a slide around the track "review."
The caravans were a good laugh, yeah scripted but hey still enjoyable.
SIARPC was meh, Aerosmith doesn't interest me and driving obviously wasn't something Steve Tyler was interested in. His Venom thing...meh...

All in all a good episode and reminded me of the old days...keep this up TG.

New 911: don?t care. Not enough facts.
Singer: Great they had that in to address those Porsche-Enthusiasts who complain about Porsches...
News: Great intro into the news with Porsche news. Rest of the News: Really Brilliant.
Lambos: Aventador: don?t care. Sesto Elemento: Interesting, would?ve loved to see the "seats" in full. Quite nice cinematography bits as well.
SIARPC: Brilliant Intro! Quite nice guy, I was surprised he wasn?t faster.
Caravans: Started brilliantly. I would?ve loved to see the other reasons to eleiminate the other cars in a quick walkthrough (Like: "Mitsubishi is out, because it?s too white, Renault is out, because it?s french, etc.). Would?ve taken 10 seconds. But I laughed a lot about the rest. One thing I personally dislike is throwing out stuff that?s functioning well. Actually buying stuff to dump it is just decadent. When they dumped the Stig I felt sympathy for him. Anyway: Many laughs in it, especially seeing James laughing hard until his head turned red!

Overall: I gave it a 9/10.

Personal note: They seem to have included my last week?s complaints to a point...

Man... Tyler looks exactly like an old hippie lady who owns an aromatherapy store next to where I work :D

I also loved that Porsche. I'm not a porsche fan, but I also don't hate them, that Singer was incredible!
Lovely episode, felt nice. Like I was watching an episode from the past, and definitely one that won't be skipped in one of my "close my eyes and double-click on an episode at random" moments :)

9/10

Singer= What an epic car and great review from James!
News= Not the best of series, but still good.
Lambo= Meh.
Tyler= Skipped.
Caravaning= I really like these James and Jeremy segments because those are actually pretty funny!

Bit bemused about how this week's cocking about is being more positively viewed than last week's.

Pretty much agree with what someone else said about it, but here's my 2-cents.

With the hovervan, it was obviously actors getting sprayed, so the 'comedy' was forced and therefore not funny. With the caravans - how can you script a caravan being destroyed. You can tell that Jeremy and James laughter was genuine at points. But with the stuff that was scripted, it was alot less forced and subtle, therefore funny. Plus it didn't have the thick mans Norman Wisdom.

Very good episode, gave it an 8.

Loved the Porsche (and I totally get the "New new is bad, New old is good" complaint) and would definantly add the Singer to my wish list.

The Lambo segment was pretty good, but my god what a daft car that Sesto Elemento is.

Skipped the SIARPC as usual.

Caravanning was how scripted TG comedy should be done.

Wait a minute, didn't the Mazda CX-5 come on sale in the middle of the year 2012, thus not enjoying a full year of sales? That would more handily explain why it didn't shift as many units as the Volkswagen... and it would've saved them trying to come up with frankly bullshit excuses and forced damage.

I liked the couple of minutes where they showed the Singer. Rest of the episode was fast-forward stuff.

Say... do we have any Porsche owner here who could explain what's the deal with the steering that made purists go nuts about the electric system? :unsure:

NIIIIINE ... Fucking NIIIINE. Is what it was.
Such a refreshing novelty feel to it ! TG ISN'T DYING.
Only J&J should be allowed to do the cocking-up bits from now on. They've always been incredible together, sorry Hammo.

I'd missed James's 'cock' ... Oh wait that doesn't sound right.