[21x01] February 2nd, 2014

[21x01] February 2nd, 2014

• Total voters
Glad it's back.

A 6 out of 10 because the last segment just.wasn't.funny (other than Hammond's erection.).

A couple of things that made it more enjoyable for me:
1) I just happen to be in the middle of watching 'Ashes to Ashes' so the music, jokes and driving styles were great. I half expected to see an Orange Audi in the police chases.
2) Hugh Bonneville was in an episode of 'Worlds Most Dangerous Roads' where he says "I'm not a petrol head in any sense...". Truer words were never spoken. Also, Hugh dropped a few F-bombs in that show so I was waiting for those during the lap.

It was good until the segment after SIARPC. They could have cut that bit and replaced it with a car review.

I thought the first 3/4 or so of it was really good. It was "the right amount" of cocking about. But they took it too far in the third act, and the episode suffered for it. I gave it a 7, as it entertained me for 70% of an hour.

F*** Y** in Arabic ...

F*** Y** in Arabic ...

In the back ground , it says F*** Y** in Arabic @ 46:50

LoL

1655829_10151855099542056_26693763_n.jpg

7/10. Got a bit too silly towards the end for my taste, other than that I liked the general idea of this episode.

Well that episode was bad. I was exited when i found out it had cheap hot hatch challenge, but when they revealed cars I just knew it is going to be one of those "funny" episodes.

5/10

It made me laugh my end off, as usual. It is scripted but I don't give a damn really. When Hammond finished sliding sideways in the supermarket I snorted beer out of my nose :lol:

Was gonna give it a 7/10, but since it was the long awaited premiere and they did a Top Gear-challenge, I bumped it up to 8/10. THANK GOD IT'S BACK! :D

The first half was great, the last quarter or so was terrible.

I'm feeling scroogey right now, so 5/10.

I enjoyed the part when they did the 80's tricks with the cars and also the first bit was quite good, the rest of it was quite annoying and the end was just rubbish. 5 for me but it seems the rest of the series is more promising so let's see.

Exactly my opinion about the show. The 80s tricks part was the only real highlight.

Last edited:
I view this episode twice, first last night, and seccond this morning. First, it was like a 6 to me, but now i will give it a 8, my final score. IMO, it will grow on you, give it a second chance.
For me, the last part was the best, apart from the bad joke from Jeremy when he put his finger on the viewer mouth to example the mustache. Furthermore, he was cleaning his finger out on his clothing! Disgrace moment... Bad, bad joke. Sometimes i did not understand that kind of jokes, perhaps it's me...

I am voting now and i give it a 8.

I am very very very glad that Top Gear is back and i hope that they will stay at last until Jeremy turn 60. At least! Look at Tiff - still in a good shape. It's true, he's desire for money makes him to carry on, but he is still the daddy in Fifth Gear.

Is it me, or do the presenters look bored and awkward now? Crap show from start t finish. 1/10 from me.

The ending was a bit groan worthy, and I have no idea who the "star" was, so that got skipped right away, but overall it was quite good. The obviously scripted sillyness was funny enough for me to get past the forced line reading by the presenters. It gets a bump up to an 8 rating because when the stig's teenage cousin was introduced they dropped mother fucking Bassnectar!

Here's a little something for anybody who doesn't know why Bassnectar is so good.

Well that was just dissapointing, but not all that suprising.
I know it's scripted every time, but scripted doesn't have to mean utterly boring, repetitive and stupid.

I was looking forward to an old car challenge and instead we got this. As soon as Hammond 'rolled' the car, It was obvious where it was going!

I liked the challenge! (at first), news was funny, and even watched the SIARPC. Hamster's car crossing the line on its side and failing to get away from the police was priceless :D

... and then Jeremy's chase started :( But anyway, it's good to see them back! Jeremy and May even look a "little" more fit (2013 Jezza would never be able to to the stunts they did on the golf)

I am very very very glad that Top Gear is back and i hope that they will stay at last until Jeremy turn 60. At least! Look at Tiff - still in a good shape. It's true, he's desire for money makes him to carry on, but he is still the daddy in Fifth Gear.

I for one hope they stay untill Hammond turns 60. Which probably won't happen before... 2050 :lol:

Last edited:
And please, put some SIRPC who's know outside Greater London, no f****** idea who that guy was.

Actually, he's a star of Downton Abbey which is quite popular outside of "Greater London". I didn't know him either, as I don't watch Downton Abbey, but a lot of people do.

I was liking this episode riiiiiight up until the point that Jeremy's chase started and it devolved into the end of S17E05 except worse. One of the first episodes that I've actually switched off before the end.

4/10 for the first couple sections.

5/10. Liked the idea of doing old hot hatch challenge and it was good up until Jeremy "accidentally" wrapped his keys on top of the Golf. News was good, so were the 80's tricks. SIARPC was someone I had never heard of (I live in Finland, so no wonder), and the hot hatch ending segment was just plain stupid and not funny at all. I wish they'd done it properly.

I always avoid reading any posts before watching the episodes to keep an open mind. After watching this one, I think TopGear has set out to make the India special look great by comparison. I was excited to see the trio of new hot hatches in the beginning, even though it feels like we've seen them all not too long ago, but it turned into another cheap car challenge with planned calamities and intentional accidents. Which wouldn't have been bad, if they bothered to do any tests that showed old hot hatches were actually better than the new crop, but they seemed to forget about that part. In the end it was just more of TopGear doing the only thing they're good at anymore and ruining things in the fakest way possible.

2/10

Amen! same vote as me