[21x03] February 16th, 2014

[21x03] February 16th, 2014

• Total voters
I hope James throwing the dove out the window was just another fake stunt and not for real.

You know that by current state of Top Gear, if it was a real stunt, it would be shown from three different camera angles and slo-mo

Sorry to topic drift it a bit. Two points I wanted to add and just remembered after re-watching episode 1,2,3 again.

Ep 2 is the worst episode I have seen, since series 1! Ep 1 was nearly the best one behind the specials.

I could really identify with Clarkson's parking of the VW Up! As I do this regularly in my smart, which I have christened Oliver!

Better than last weeks. Chernobyl was proper amazing. Zenvo was well... explosively slow.

Clarkson may have to change his name to Jennifer. Hasn't he learned anything from the Nissan GTR?

It's not about power and weight; it's about how intelligently a car is made.

I hope James throwing the dove out the window was just another fake stunt and not for real.

Must have been faked, otherwise, the press would have been all over it with their "OH NOES Top Gear kills birds!" or something. Of course, maybe because it was James that did it, it wasn't so bad. Had Jeremy done it, the stories would have rivalled Alice Cooper's chicken story or Ozzy Osbourne's bat shenanigans. :p

Full points as that episode offered all I whished for - a decent car review (no matter how good or bad the car actually was), a nice car challenge that was similar but nowhere identical to other challenges and I found the SIRPC section with James Blunt was one of the best in a couple of series now.

War! Yeah! More war is what we want! Second World War, Bosnia, Crimean War, Cold War - give us more war, never mind the cars! Charge of the Light Brigade, Nuclear Subs and big missiles, yeah! Radiation? No problem! And those Scandinavians can't build cars like the Brits.....

What the hell has happened to Top Gear?

1/10

The "omg we're all going to die" acting was unbelieveably cringe worthy. The rest of the episode was pretty enjoyable though.

Anyone know the name of the sub base they were in at the start?

BTW the White Dove thing = Peace being thrown out of the window straight into the path of an oncoming juggernaut.

You are being manipulated.

The "omg we're all going to die" acting was unbelieveably cringe worthy.

I didn't cringe much at that part, but I did when they were having "fun" driving their small cars on that twisty road at the start. Hammond was convincing enough, but not so much for James and Jeremy.

I wonder if there is more footage from Chernobyl. Like a directors cut of just that. :) 9/10, very pleasant to watch.

BTW the White Dove thing = Peace being thrown out of the window straight into the path of an oncoming juggernaut.

You are being manipulated.

Hmmm nooo no no. I think it's a symbol of the natural "man" being obliteraded by the machine "man", the rural way of life crushed by the unstoppable progress! The truck is the INTERNET, the bird is the past way of life. We are all doves in the path of the trucks of great corporations...

... Or it was just James May pretending to throw a bird out of the window on the path of a truck :D

Last edited:
Quite surprised so many found this great. I thought second episode has so far been savior of this season, while 1 and 3 being dreadful.
Submarine part of the drive was nice, other than that I did not laugh or really enjoy that segment. Zenvo was a nice change of pace compared to usual supercar reviews. Certainly best part of the episode. News was okish.

6.5 if that was possible.
7/10

Last edited:
Hm, gave it an 8. Not sure what to think about this. I genuinly enjoyed it and had genuine laughs - but it wasn't really that exciting. Loved the Fiesta, Up! is a great car aswell.
They could've shown much more from the Ukraine, (please throw SIARPC away and use that time properly) especially the end was just way to fast. Oh yeah and Clarkson died, ha ha how funny.
What I loved was seeing these small cars getting thrashed around on that coastal road. That was amazing to see, should've put more of this sort of thing into the episode and not just drive for a straight line doing a hundred year old magician's tricks. Or using as much fuel as possible (which was, as we know, fake anyway).

Zenvo - only now in the show, not that new anymore that car. What was that film supposed to say? That it is rubbish? I went out of it with a "not sure"-feeling. Probably because Clarkson hadn't enough time to spend with the car since it broke...

SIARPC, never really watch it unless I really know the person - or as someone here further down the pages wrote: James Blunt, really? Is it 2002?

News - Jeremy! You're a war fanatic. Should know it's called a Bf 109, not a Me 109.

[EDIT]

I enjoyed the Ukrainian film but I could of done without all the forced "DANGER!" of being in the exclusion zone. As other have said people go there all the time and someone has to be constructing that sarcophagus.

Totally right. You can go in most the buildings, the only thing you shouldn't do is touch things or go into certain forests. There are people going there every day, there are people there who got back and do now live there. There's even that somewhat-famous russian female journalist who likes riding her bike in the exclusion zone. And she is safe...

Last edited: