[21x04] February 23rd, 2014

[21x04] February 23rd, 2014

• Total voters
Didn't really like this episode. They've tested approximately 5 million Caterhams in the past and they all look exactly the same, so why waste one of the rare "real" track tests of the series on one? The news was absolutely awful as usual, and the pizza crotch thing was stupid. Jeremy's Alfa test was OK but I think that car is ugly, especially the interior. Hammond's Desert thing was good by his standards but he still mumbles and trails off far too much for a television presenter.

I honestly think you need better speakers on whatever you are watching the show on or maybe have your hearing checked. It is posible to only have hearing loss to a specific range and maybe Hammond's voice falls into that range because I can hear Hammond perfectly and I am quite old with hearing loss due to too much head banging music in my younger days.

- - - Updated - - -

Proper custard is a dessert made with milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla - it can be used as a sweet sauce to accompany things like apple pie or sweet sponge or it can be cooled and set to make creme brulee or creme caramel.
]

We used to have frozen custard in the states. It came out of a soft ice cream machine type thing and it was so good.

Proper custard is a dessert made with milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla - it can be used as a sweet sauce to accompany things like apple pie or sweet sponge or it can be cooled and set to make creme brulee or creme caramel.

Plus of course it goes well with fish fingers. ;)

Finally, a proper Top Gear episode (save for the blowtorch bullshit)!

Stunning, brilliant, magnificent reviews of the Alfa and the Merc!

Very, very good episode. Best by far of the season so far. Only the part with showing how flame retardant pizzas are was a bit silly and could easily have been left out to have a few more minutes on the car reviews. G63 6x6 part was the best of the episode by far. I was afraid it would be a bit more silly stuff like with the Marauder review a while back, but luckily it wasn't :D

Def the best of the season. All 3 car reviews were fantastic, the Alfa being my favorite. I didn't think Richard was going to go down the sand dune. On a side note, I like your avatar breznikov. That episode of top gear took place in my hometown. Of course it was before I was aware of top gear. still can't believe they went there since it's literally in the middle of no where.

Last edited:
Loved the episode! 10/10

Here is the original Disco Volante.

Alfa-Romeo-C52-Disco-Volante-Coupe_2.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-C52-Disco-Volante-Spider-_6.jpg

I love the old and new, nice upgrade.

Beautiful episode, except for the STIRPC. I did not liked that dude - bad jokes for a comedian. Except from that, a "usual" good 8 from me.

During the Disco Volante film, did the music remind anyone else of the ending theme for Mass Effect 3? Or am I just not hearing it right? Also, what was up with the proper movie like camera angle they filmed Clarkson in? I'm I the only one who found that a little weird looking?

Also, what was up with the proper movie like camera angle they filmed Clarkson in? I'm I the only one who found that a little weird looking?

I mentioned a few pages back that I thought it was odd, it just didn't seem to fit well with him talking to the camera and with the glass in the way. Usually the character in shot will be talking to another person in the car and that seems normal for some reason. Maybe we'll get used to it.

During the Disco Volante film, did the music remind anyone else of the ending theme for Mass Effect 3? Or am I just not hearing it right?

Yeah that's right, it had a familiar tone!

Because it was the Mass Effect ending theme. <_<

this episode features a guest who is a contender for the worst topgear guest ever along with that lesbian wh*re from texas and that long haired trailer park bum that calls himself a comedian. if the guest wasn't a total :censored: failure i'd give it a 9 but this way it's just a 7/10. i usually don't skip the guest part of the show but they're steadily becoming worse. poor jeremy has to endure anonymous idi*ts and act like he finds them funny. who books these :censored: and why? the one in this episode never drove a car :wheelchair:

9/10. The rest of the episode was rather good, but I can't even bother mentioning it. I'm still raving about the Disco Volante film. Perhaps the best single car film this show has ever had, and the car itself is only partially responsible. The main reason? Jeremy and crew displayed tremendous restraint. It was grown up. Honest. Passionate but not juvenile.

There is no reason this show can't succeed for years to come if the lads let themselves just review cars and let their tastes change with age. This was brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck this, 1/10 for me.

Very boring, it was maybe the 100th Caterham they featured on the show, who cares and also the track was wet. Then Jeremy sounded like a shady car salesman throughout his Alfa review which was obviously a terrible car and finally the 6x6 which is revolting, yes, but it does perpetrate the hallowed Teutonic tradition of pissing way further than everyone else. He even said himself that they basically added wheels because they didn't know how else to stand out.

Very depressing episode. It's as if humanity has moved on from their na?ve optimism of the 2000s and into this bitter materialistic defeatism where engineers have lost all their battles and have resigned to fiddling around with vulgar materials, struggling to find satisfaction only in petty financial rewards.

The ending was stupid.
You're a clot. Go watch Big Brother.

Last edited:
Nine out of ten for me...thouroughly enjoyed the ep, and I'm more of the 'entertainment' type, rather than the 'proper car review' type. Yes, the pizza & tablecloth bits were silly, but I didn't find them as cringeworthy as some previous silly bits have been. And the "Is this how this Stig dies?" "Has he written a book?" comments during the tablecloth bit made me laugh out loud.

Yep, I'm with the majority, it seems. First episode aside (and it still had some good moments), this has been a great series, so far.