[22x03] February 8th, 2015

ImNotAHorse

Looks like this can be an epic episode.

The team all going their own separate ways to enhance one area they think could do with an overhaul in ambulances. James works on passenger comfort, Richard attempts to shorten response times whilst Jeremy deals with the invention of what he calls the `sports ambulance'.

Reactions: MWF
Oh god. I'm expecting scripted cocking about like the Car Train film.

Reactions: MWF
Looks like this will be the episode that makes anyone with half a brain cringe in total embarrassment and never watch again.

I guess it must be in the contract that there is one episode per season that insults the audience's intelligence and makes the three presenters look like total buffoons who couldn't act to save their lives. I am hoping that the longer run means we aren't subjected to a second.

Even stupid things can be done in a clever way; if it is going to be like those "police cars", it would be OK (I liked that, I even didn't mind car train or Geoff). If it is like hovervan or snowbine, however, then it would be the weak bit. I hope it isn't, the trailer didn't help me with decision.

What makes me more worried is that no other topic is mentioned. The ambulances aren't "enough" for a whole epizode.

Last edited:
Also, it's hard to stage the conditions in which ambulances could be put to the actual test. Police cars was much easier, and fire trucks would be easy too. But you can't script a mock cardiac arrest in order to test how accessible supplies are, or any other serious scenarios.

All you need is one of those training dummies like they use in CPR or First Aid courses.

Even though this sounds like the obligatory scripted fail episode , I remain hopeful.

Sniff Petrol had a brilliant idea the other day:

With Top Gear back on BBC2 this Sunday, car forum RevWheel has taken the unusual step of getting its discussion thread about the programme out of the way in advance.

?We decided it would be quicker and easier to get the Top Gear thread done before the weekend,? explained RevWheel moderator, the Reverend Will Moderator. ?So we asked someone to say they didn?t enjoy the show, and someone else to complain that it?s all ?scripted?, and then someone else to moan about the mucking about, and then someone else to say ?I enjoyed it? with an emoticon that denotes embarrassment, and then someone else to say they hate it and complain that it isn?t about cars any more, and then someone else to ask why everyone watched it if they don?t like it, and then someone else to agree and point out that it?s an entertainment show not a car show, and then someone else to say it?s time it was cancelled, and then someone else to say it?ll never be cancelled because it makes the BBC too much money, and then someone else to state completely inaccurate facts about how much the show earns, and then someone else to say it?s too ?scripted? again, and then someone else to mention William Woollard, and then we just copy and pasted all that over and over and over again until we ended up with 47 pages of repetitive drivel, and that spared us having to do it for real on Sunday night.?

?This really has saved a lot of time,? Rev. Moderator noted. ?In fact, we?re now considering doing pre-built threads for politics, Chris Harris and the Mazda MX5.?

Looks like fun and I doubt my intelligence will be insulted at all.

If someone told me to go out and buy a car and make a crazy ambulance out of it because they were going to give me some challenges to preform, I would be all over it.

Since that is unlikely to happen to me, I will just have to enjoy the boys getting to do it.

I don't mind the fail, it's the planning I object to. They've taken out all ambition and just left rubbish. Time was they'd try stuff, fail miserably or at least to some degree but in those cases you didn't mind because what you saw was, to all intents and purposes real and natural. And it worked because the reactions were there and it allowed the natural chemistry between the three to shine through. The first amphibious cars episode is a case in point.

Now you can see what's going to happen a mile off, their reactions are as fake as a whore's smile and only utter morons or those under 8 years old are amused or impressed.

I've said it before and I will say it again - if ever they think or use the phrase "wouldn't it be funny if...." while planning these films then chances are it won't be. Or to put it another way, natural childbirth is always preferable to C-section.

I don't mind the fail, it's the planning I object to. They've taken out all ambition and just left rubbish. Time was they'd try stuff, fail miserably or at least to some degree but in those cases you didn't mind because what you saw was, to all intents and purposes real and natural. And it worked because the reactions were there and it allowed the natural chemistry between the three to shine through. The first amphibious cars episode is a case in point.

The last few minutes of the original amphibious car challenge is absolute classic Top Gear. When the truck flipped and they went in the water, I still giggle like a 5 year old. No matter how many times I see it.

Well, since I'm way, way, way, way, WAY over 8 years old, I guess that makes me an utter moron. Thank you.;) I admit there are times when the word "stupid" is about the only adjective that applies to Top Gear's antics. But stupid is quite often funny. I watch television to be entertained, and for the most part, these three middle-aged men entertain the hell out of me. If I begin to feel that the show is insulting my intelligence or ceases to be funny, I'll stop watching. Plain and simple. But until that time, I shall proudly display my utter moron flag and continue to laugh my butt off.

The last few minutes of the original amphibious car challenge is absolute classic Top Gear. When the truck flipped and they went in the water, I still giggle like a 5 year old. No matter how many times I see it.
Giggle? I laughed like an absolute moron until my mouth started to hurt.

Well, since I'm way, way, way, way, WAY over 8 years old, I guess that makes me an utter moron. Thank you.;) I admit there are times when the word "stupid" is about the only adjective that applies to Top Gear's antics. But stupid is quite often funny. I watch television to be entertained, and for the most part, these three middle-aged men entertain the hell out of me. If I begin to feel that the show is insulting my intelligence or ceases to be funny, I'll stop watching. Plain and simple. But until that time, I shall proudly display my utter moron flag and continue to laugh my butt off.
This man speaks the truth! And even though I am not 8 years old, my mental age is still exactly that. So, as long as those buffoons make me laugh without forgetting their cars, I will watch Top Gear. And I shall gladly join your club!

I think it looks fun. I can live with being an utter moron:heart: