[22x04] February 15th, 2015

[22x04] February 15th, 2015

• Total voters
What was the original showing duration of this episode?

What was the original showing duration of this episode?

Hi - I'm new to the forum but have been watching TG for years - one of the few shows I really look forward to each week and miss between seasons! I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer here. Due to a power failure, my DVR didn't record this episode (22x04). I see several reruns listed on BBC America coming up but they are all 60 minutes in length. So far in season 22, all prior episodes have been 90 minutes. Was this episode shorter than the others or is BBC America truncating it on rerun? I've searched all over the place and been to the BBC America website but can't seem to find the answer :?. Thanks in advance!

Hi - I'm new to the forum but have been watching TG for years - one of the few shows I really look forward to each week and miss between seasons! I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer here. Due to a power failure, my DVR didn't record this episode (22x04). I see several reruns listed on BBC America coming up but they are all 60 minutes in length. So far in season 22, all prior episodes have been 90 minutes. Was this episode shorter than the others or is BBC America truncating it on rerun? I've searched all over the place and been to the BBC America website but can't seem to find the answer :?. Thanks in advance!
No. Normal episodes have always been 60 minutes of thereabouts. Only the Christmas Specials (some of them) and other special shows are shorter or longer than 60 minutes.

No. Normal episodes have always been 60 minutes of thereabouts. Only the Christmas Specials (some of them) and other special shows are shorter or longer than 60 minutes.

Hmmm strange. Prior Season 22 episodes have all been 90 minutes when I watched them first-run on BBC America. I just checked my program guide and Episode 22x05 scheduled to air February 23rd is also showing as being 90 minutes long. The on-line postings of episodes I have found are all cut down to 60 minutes (is that maybe how you are watching the show?). I didn't expect the truncated version to be the version shown in rerun on BBC America. I assumed the versions posted on-line were cut down to 60 minutes because of some restriction on length. What I'm gathering here is that the initial showing on BBC America is the full 90 minute UK broadcast and then they revert to the 60 minute truncated version in reruns. I don't know how else to explain it...

Don't forget, the eps recorded from BBC2 would be around 60 minutes without commercials. The eps shown on BBC America would be 90 minutes with commercials.

Don't forget, the eps recorded from BBC2 would be around 60 minutes without commercials. The eps shown on BBC America would be 90 minutes with commercials.

Ah that makes sense. Since I only watch DVR recorded versions and skip all the commercials, it didn't occur to me that there could be that many ads inserted into the program. Thanks!

Great.

I would have voted 9/10, but I went with 10/10 for encouragement. That's the way to go!

Great car reviews, both the Merc and the I8, which was brilliant. The Land Rover bit was good, though on a lesser level.

SIARPC started badly, with a very uncomfortable Will Smith (he relaxed later on), and wasn't any special.

I hope more shows like this are yet to come!

"This is a car show"... I hope this is in response from last week.

Funny, my first thought when Jeremy said that was "we shall see"

Certainly one of the best non specials in a long time, and heck, better than every special since Boliva.

Even Dicky was bearable. Although I'm confused, how the fuck did they let him do that? If the cable snaps there's no backup. I'm not sure I buy it.
No comedy, bloody great show.

I was amazed they let him do that as well, though, with that said, ever since the dragster crash he seems to have taken on a more adventurous side, something that can happen with people who face death or near death...Trust me, this is something I know about, you get a "hey, you tried to kill me..and didn't, so f*** you" mentality, something at least here they actually provide counseling for.

Margot Robbie is a babe, Will Smith seemed fake, but Margot.....I'm a love sick little bunny.