[22x05] February 22nd, 2015

[22x05] February 22nd, 2015

• Total voters
It's like having a massive tail in Ross-on-Wye (rural stuff); in relation to a drift being a mating ritual in a non rural environment.

As an aside, I've been meaning to ask you this for years: why do you have a picture of my asshole Prime Minister for your avatar?

I've just always liked old Harpy, and this was the only picture I had on my hard drive (no idea why) that was within the size limits for allowed avatars.

Not sure about the Porsche Corvette film, I did find that the corvette lap was a bit slower then I expected, it didn't beat the 458 or even the 430 Scuderia.

It did seem slow but then I realized this was just the regular Singray model, not the Z06 which has another ~200 HP (can't be bothered to google it). Just the regular vanilla model was as fast as the Carrera GT which has 150 more HP. The Z06 would have been ludicrously fast, but they aren't selling it in the UK AFAIK.

On the other hand I take great pleasure from knowing that many of the fanatic Ferrari lovers out there would never qualify as being worth getting one :D

I guess I'd make friends immediately with whatever guy was chosen by Ferrari to be worthy to buy one of their cars and neglected the purchase.:D

I had a Peugeot 406 Estate with a diesel - one of the last good cars, the 406.

Anyhooo, I rather liked it all - 9/10

Brilliant episode! Think the last part of the Peugeot-film was a bit stupid, but the rest of the episode was top, top class.

Top Gear has really improved! Season 22 have been superb so far, so looking forward to the next episodes.

And it's not really overheating since the car has carbon ceramics..

I guess. To me it seems like the brakes aren't receiving adequate cooling.

Last edited:
Peugeot bit was brilliant! I especially liked the re-enactment of that board meeting where they decide to make the....

Just today there was an episode of "how it's made" on Discovery and they were talking about pepper grinders. Guess what: the one they showed had a P for a logo and it was... a Peugeot.

I just wanted to add, one of my favorite things about this episode was the peugeot driver face that James but on. Hilarious.

+ LaFerrari is nothing short of incredible, but I doubt May will replace his 458 for it. (1 MILLion pounds!!)

- Peugeot segment was way too long and predictable.
- SIARPC and "The News" were okay..

6/10

Just today there was an episode of "how it's made" on Discovery and they were talking about pepper grinders. Guess what: the one they showed had a P for a logo and it was... a Peugeot.

I actually saw some of their grinders in a store a while ago, didn't know that was what they started with.

Okay, about the Peugeot second half: I didn't actually mind them doing the skit, but I *do* think they could have done better with their exampling.

Top Gear humor always works best when (a) they set up a situation when something bad *could* authentically happen instead of deliberately staging cartoon stunts, and (b) they focus more on the *vehicles* instead of deliberately lampooning the stereotypes of the people who operate them.

The best way show how badly the newer Pugs went downhill? Run a rally stage race with both a good Pug and the later bad one, watch how the bad one wrecks.

I cant argue with Olly as the SIARPC. Even though no one's heard of him, getting to the top of the board means you have to give him props.

Click here to see in car footage of Stig's complete laps for both the Cayman GTS and the C7.

I do think the Peugeot film went on too long, but aside from the scripted silliness, it was rather positive for the brand. TG has often given the impression that they flat out hate Pugs, but really, they only hate modern Pugs. Everything else they said about Peugeot was completely positive. Do you think they would have been as positive about Renault or Citroen's history (considering how much they hated the 2cv)?

9 out of 10

I really enjoyed this episode. The new Corvette Stingray and the LaFerrari together in the same episode was fantastic. It was worth watching twice just to hear them again.

Epic lap by Olly Murs too! I wasn't expecting that!

It is disgraceful that Ferrari and McLaren will not allow Top Gear to properly review their flagship cars. Two of the most successful brands in racing history, and they are whining about a faceless driver testing out their latest cars on an old runway? What a joke! Porsche is ready to take on the competition, win or lose, and that is great to see. Perhaps McLaren and Ferrari already know the answer to which car is faster.

Last edited:
Perhaps McLaren and Ferrari already know the answer to which car is faster.

Y'know, regardless of the outcome (if they ever do get to do a race), it does come across that McLaren & Ferrari are afraid of losing, so they're trying to figure a way out of it. Maybe that's the case, maybe not, but that is how it could be perceived.

Y'know, regardless of the outcome (if they ever do get to do a race), it does come across that McLaren & Ferrari are afraid of losing, so they're trying to figure a way out of it. Maybe that's the case, maybe not, but that is how it could be perceived.
Thing right now is, even if the test happens and the Porsche comes dead last, it will still win because it did it with all its 'creature comforts' and it also has a lot of handicaps like the highest weight, least power etc. So whatever the end result, Porsche will always come up looking good.

The same can't be said about the other two. If they lose, they lose.

Last edited:
Sorry for a stupid question, but... Why do you call Peugeots this:
Pug_600.jpg
?

I knew about Scooby but just haven't heard a pug yet. :)