Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
No asking where to download it please.

Last edited by a moderator:
This ain't gonna be good right?
George Michael wants his beard back.
Nice jacket.
Ten pounds they buy the classic cars at the end of the episode.
Why didn't Hammond pick an MGB convertible?
:lmao: the montage.
That Fiat is pretty.
"It's authentically dangerous"
Japfest looks like hell on earth.
Hmmm, its one of those where you've seen it all before.
The size of those binoculars. :blink:
Fuck me, Hammond was brave.
The Frontera is a terrible car.
I'm calling bullshit on the prices. You can't buy those cars for that price
Fake camera shake, really?
Hammond gif please.
There it is... There's the TG comedy.
It was obvious James was going in the water.
The pond segment was pointless.
The rollover was on soft sand, you could flip a plane down there and do no damage.
James falling. :lol:
Hammond doing his baby voice, I guess they're hitting all of their checkpoints.
Fuck me, ending in TG comedy. That's probably a poetic ending for them.

Goodbye Top Gear, it's been fun.

I didn't like it, really didn't. It had some good bits but overall it felt like Argentina, it came to a sad, bitter end.

Last edited:
Japfest? I thought it was Chavfest. Could go either way.

They should have just released the segments on the internet, not worth the effort trying to make an episode from them. The classic car segment was quite good but the SUV segment was shite.

Typical TG episode clips, was as expected.
The studio bits were eerie with no audience. Solid ending with the sincere 'thanks for watching and... Goodbye'.
Gave it 10/10 because given the circumstances it could not have been better.

I actually work at Broughton Hall, so from that point of view it was really interesting to see the final segment.

Spoilered below is me being a real continuity pedant from knowing the location.

It also kind of spoiled it for me, as I realised just how much of it was rubbish. The first building Hammond comes to is behind the hall, and the opposite side of the river from where he was portrayed to be, the large barn he passes before it turns back is just 300 yards from the hall, the bridge Jeremy encounters is obviously never locked (I use it on my lunchtime walks, but curiously I hadn't noticed the old ford, will investigate that on my lunch tomorrow), there's a road bridge just a few hundred yards upstream of the footbridge that I use every single day, and when he does finally cross the river, he had to drive past the hall to come back in on the main drive.... I'm being pedantic, because otherwise it was rather funny.

Last edited:
Bit daft that Jezza was complaining about it, even though he screwed it up.

Won't be hard to do better...

This episode couldn't possibly get anything less than a 10 from me. It's the last episode of Top Gear I'll ever watch.

I'm gonna do this Aston Martin-style.

"...the incline .." :D
James's fall made me pause the stream!
"Shit that was the bit of the map I needed."
"Last of the summer" gear :(
"I hate working on top gear!" Please tell me that wasn't voice-over !!

Bitter-sweet this was. Bitter-sweet.
Bye TG.

Was the elephant in the room a literal elephant in the room? (And the missing of Jezza ofcourse)

HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THAT. I was wondering the whole time what that elephant was doing there. Made me really dig hard as to what Top Gear episode that prop was from. I knew there weren't any elephants in the India special.

910106Capture.jpg

That's a lot of activity already.

62941942ca.jpg

I'll be waiting for the viewing figures.

Was the elephant in the room a literal elephant in the room? (And the missing of Jezza ofcourse)

I saw it too and didn't think of being the "elephant in the room". I was wondering okay that's odd that they have an elephant's butt there but thinking it, it is quite fitting with Jeremy. It's like he is mooning certain people.

I really enjoyed this episode. Usually fun and hilarity as any Top Gear episode.

I laugh so hard when Hammond received his prize, James falling.

And those rims.. very fitting.

HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THAT. I was wondering the whole time what that elephant was doing there. Made me really dig hard as to what Top Gear episode that prop was from. I knew there weren't any elephants in the India special.

I was highly amused when the elephant was reverse-on to the camera. I'm assuming that May and Hammond were insinuating that Clarkson is a right old elephant's arse?

It almost felt to me in the SUV film that they kind of knew this was a swan song. Since they travelled up to Yorkshire to work on that film the night Jeremy lamped Oisin I'm guessing that some of the footage in that film was shot after that incident.

And I know some people are going to have a go at me for saying this but watching Clarkson bitch in the first part of the classic car film, albeit with the benefit of hindsight, there is a small part of me that won't be sad to see him gone. I salute him for the energy and the tremendous amount of effort he has put into the show for the last 25 years in one way or another - he was and to a great extent always will be Mr Top Gear - but again with hindsight I think the timing of the events of the last few months were fitting. He looked and sounded burned out and I think he needs a break and a fresh challenge.

Fare thee well, Clarksonius of Danum, may thy tank always be full of 99 RON unleaded, the road free of caravanists and the steak medium rare.

I really liked this episode.

Sad to see and end of an era but I have high hopes for their new show and I hope they take best bits from Top Gear and don't have as much scripted stuff as they have had in the last seasons.

Obviously a piecemeal episode but I think the films would have worked well in a normal episode when mixed with the review, news etc. I think the fact that the two films were quite similar was somewhat detrimental when viewing them back to back with no breaks in between. That said, I can't say I missed SIARPC.

Overall I'll give it an 8 for the films even if it wasn't the ideal way to present them. Also, the ending was fitting.

A good pair of films, two new cheap car challenges will always go down well in my eyes.

And I know some people are going to have a go at me for saying this but watching Clarkson bitch in the first part of the classic car film, albeit with the benefit of hindsight, there is a small part of me that won't be sad to see him gone.

I noticed his bitching but when I thought back to the article by Richard Porter it's clear that Jeremy has a huge involvement in planning these episodes, if he really didn't want to do it then it wouldn't happen. He's just playing 'old man Clarkson' at that point, or at least that's what I believe. :)

A good send off regardless, they finally did a 4x4 challenge right at the end. :D