Votes: 6 9.0%

Votes: 6 9.0%

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

pete8475

Car(s)
1999 Volvo S80 T6. 1990 Chevrolet C10
I rate this one 3/10.

This was way better than the spoon heavy episode last week but still only about as good as a Fifth Gear episode.

Once again I completely skipped the star segment.

Last edited:
I?m waitng for the final match of Copa America between Chile and Argentina, so I thought I give it a try.

The lightweight cars segment...... well... just O.K.

I was disapointed with Harris segment. He shuld just do what he nows how to do, and tat is a car review. He was traing so hard to be someone else, that it was weird. Clarkson can do all that silly things just because he i s Clarkson, Harris isn?t.

The stars in rally car, I don?t now how they are, so skip it.

The RR segment, was better, not good but better than last week.

Cheers.

I really like Rory. Matt still sounds like everything he is saying is coming from a cue card. Evans sucks. I really have nothing else to add. I can't wait for The Grand Tour.

Rolls film was pretty good and a bit of fun.

Star segment was decent, two good guests, and Paul Hollywood really wanted try for time but the weather was rather moist.

Rallycross track is way better for star laps as there are more points on the track that the car will be out of shape.

- - - Updated - - -

I rate this one 3/10.

This was way better than the spoon heavy episode last week but still only about as good as a Fifth Gear episode.

You can't really give it a rating if you don't watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

I rate this one 3/10.

Funny thing is the poll doesn't mean squat now that flop gear is only being watch by ppl who wants to watch it.
Everybody else has left the building. If the normal top gear audience would be voting, it would get massive disapproval's.

I didn't vote...because I didn't watched it..:O

Funny thing is the poll doesn't mean squat now that flop gear is only being watch by ppl who wants to watch it.
Uh, what? That means the poll has never ever meant anything, because not the whole world watched TG or wanted to watch it. My parent for example never watched TG and they never scored it. So TG never got the right scores, right?

The poll ratings are given by the people who watch it. That's how it works. That's what it means.

I thought the Rolls bit saved this episode and could see LeBlanc getting a bit more comfy. I feel like he'll come around. Also enjoyed the Jaguar bit sort of. SIARPRC seemd slightly less long than usual but still a long segment. I have to admit I've always enjoyed this part but in the new Top Gear it is way too long (I've clocked it at near 20 minutes in at least one episode this season which is crazy)

I see people skip bits because it's not worth their time so how can it be fairly judged? But I don't have BBC on my television so I watch the episode a few hours after it airs and it's an event for me, I sit down and watch the new episode of Top Gear in one sitting with nothing else going on (not making dinner or putting kids to bed or anything) it's a show just like later I will watch Game of Thrones or Silicon Valley. Something I look forward to.

Episode 3 was quite good, this episode was ok with some above average segments. I see the potential and believe they will figure it out. Even old Top Gear had plenty of "meh" episodes for me as it got on in years.

It will be interesting to see how people feel about the Grand Tour when it arrives, it'll be nice to hear Clarkson and May and the chemistry, but I'm actually really curious how it feels if new Top Gear continues to improve bit by bit over the course of this season.

It's still a unique show to me personally. Music was better this show too but throw backs with Sigur Ros and Doves etc. songs I swear were in old episodes before.

Super lightweight segment was crap.

Well, the RR clip wasn't too bad.

Stars were utterly boring.

Rory was below average this week and the segment was totally staged. Drives out of the train in rain, yet the car is showroom clean when it appears in daytime shots. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SCRIPTED AND FAKE, it isn't an american show god dammit! Liked the chap from Jag though.

It's probably almost 90% scripted IMO.

I've been watching since the Toyota truck on top of the imploding apartment building, takes a while but you start to realize it's scripted and filmed in stages even the "races" across a continent stuff.

You can't just show up and drive on public roads with a film crew and break speed laws. You need permits and you have to pay to shut roads down for filming a lot of this stuff I'm sure.

It wouldn't be any different for any car show. Stuff on tracks is more believable but even then they might have professional drivers doing some of the bits.

Requires suspension of belief to buy into it all, it's an entertainment production. Though there are probably some real bits in there which helps the cast get into it.

I can only take so much Mr. Shouty in one sitting so as long as he's the one that does that segment I'll skip it.

EDIT - To make my rating more "valid" I'm watching that part now and it's SHIT.

EDIT 2 - Well I'd still bang Jennifer Saunders even though she's closing in on 60. :D This segment sucks ass, I knew I shouldn't bother with it.

If I could I'd change my vote to 2/10 now.

Last edited:
WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SCRIPTED AND FAKE

"Scripted" doesn't mean it has to be "fake." A lot of the CHM Top Gear was scripted, and if you've read about it, you'll remember that Jeremy "took work home" and spent hours working on the exact words and phrases in those scripts. And the guys were able to deliver those scripts without any sense that they were "reading from a script." However, the new Flop Gear has just plain STUPID scripts -- it doesn't sound like anyone spent more than half a minute on them. And the "presenters" just stand there like statues, VERY OBVIOUSLY just reading from a teleprompter. It's just terrible, awful, horrible. Even when they're in the cars, it's still the worst scripts and "acting" that I've ever seen or heard. I used to look forward to the clever dialogue that was always part of CHM Top Gear, but now all I want to do is turn the sound off. BBC has GOT to toss this garbage in the trash and start all over again, or just cancel it all and find some better use of their money.

I'd give it a 5/10. Evans's Zenos bit wasn't too horrible. Wasn't great either, though. Harris's bimmer bit was pretty good. Rory's Jag bit was really good in parts, but was still obviously staged. The SIARPC, even though it was thankfully short, was awful. Evans kept going on about these being the worst conditions the track has ever seen, and yet the pavement was just slightly wet. Whoever designed the rally section needs to be shot in the face. The whole thing is just designed to collect water. I'm afraid to see what it's like if it actually downpours. And it was downright offensive of Evans to tell that Paul guy that his track wasn't as bad as Jennifers. But could kind of tell Evans wasn't paying much attention during the interviews anyway.

The Rolls bit was probably the best bit I've seen this season, however. LeBlanc seems to be getting comfortable with his role. And even Evans wasn't too horrific.

Yet again, just noise, noise, noise from Evans. LeBlank raised a couple of laughs on his own in the Roller segment, and the rest was pretty forgettable. BBC, please put this lame animal down sooner rather than later...

Meh.

Lightweights. Boring!
Rolls. Decent at best. The review wasn't very good, I didn't really learn anything about the car. The challenge part was just rubbish.
Harris in the M2. Again, decent at best. The review was pretty good, but Harris continues his trend of shouting like Clarkson. It's not the correct style for him.
SIARPC. *snores* whut? what? Did I miss anything?
Jag to Geneva. Scripted as hell, what a shame. The telephone call was fake, the car was way to clean, etc. Not very good.

5/10

But. No Sabine +1

6/10

Didn't think Evans was that bad this week, MLB getting better, Harris best as usual, still not warming up to Rory but I don't hate him.

Didn't even realize Sabine wasn't in the episode until I read gtrNL's comment. Honestly Sabine is a good driver but I don't think shes that good of a presenter and definitely not in English.

Can a Brit tell me what region Rory's accent is from?

Zenos - Yet again Evans manages to make what should be an entertaining section rather dull, his voiceovers are awful.
Roller - Actually quite liked this and was one of the better segments in the series, had a good mix of comedy and information to make it entertaining.
M2 - Have to admit I've not watched Harris on Youtube but the more he tries comedy on Top Gear, the less I what he does. Not one of his best segments.
SIARC - They really need to take this thing out the back and put it out of its misery.
Jag - Hands up who knew he would make it? It'd even had a nice long buff up before being revealed. No suspense or excitement in the race at all really, the editors and/or presenters really don't seem to be able to do this sort of thing at all well.
Roller vs old Roller - Just seemed like filler and an excuse for Evans to tell us about yet another car he owns, wasn't terrible, just OK.

Overall - 6/10

Quite telling that all 4 had their own segment and Evans managed to make his look the worst, again. That poor old guy at the end looked totally lost with all hugging and high fives going on in front of his face. Yet more evidence in this show that there is a big ginger elephant in the room. If it really is going to be either Matt OR Chris for series 2, I can't think of 1 single reason to keep Mr Evans.

Last edited:
Didn't think Evans was that bad this week, MLB getting better, Harris best as usual, still not warming up to Rory but I don't hate him.

Didn't even realize Sabine wasn't in the episode until I read gtrNL's comment. Honestly Sabine is a good driver but I don't think shes that good of a presenter and definitely not in English.

Can a Brit tell me what region Rory's accent is from?

Rory is a londoner

Anyway these guys are solidly in Fifth Gear territory now... honestly this is pretty crap. CHM better hurry up and get something out

Last edited:
Chris Harris, you are not Jeremy Clarkson, so please stop trying to emulate him.

I gotta stop watch this crap, I guess I like torturing myself.

I feel like Chris Harris is slowly getting better, show was reasonable with some bits better then others. Once again they lapped the car I was less interested in. I think they should ditch the who has the better first and best car thing and just do an interview but I'm not sure that'll happen. I think the writing needs some improvement so that the films are more rounded but yeah okay.