Votes: 6 10.3%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

pete8475

Car(s)
1999 Volvo S80 T6. 1990 Chevrolet C10
Haven't watched it yet, but I will be skipping the star segment this week regardless of who the guests are.

EDIT - Watching now, Evans has that yellow shirt on again. First segment with Chris Harris reviewing the new NSX was very good.

EDIT 2 - The star segment is 15 minutes long this time. I don't care if it makes my rating "invalid" in the eyes of certain people here but I am not watching that shit.

Last edited:
Good episode, more consistent quality across each segment.

Star segment was good. Watching some of the guests on other shows, they actually sometimes are better on TG than on the talk shows.

Odds are its not CE's last epiosde

Last edited:
I think this was the best episode of the current series BY FAR.

I'm giving this one a 6/10.

That said if Chris Evans is back next year after all the shit that's come out this weekend I will not be watching. That freak has to go.

Last edited:
NSX- Found it interesting but not entertaining, something I can't quite put my finger on about Harris that makes me not warm to his style, still prefer him to Evans though.
Mustangs - Not bad and a reasonable mix of information, facts and fun. Reid reviews are more Top Gearish than Harris imo.
SIARC - Think I would still hate this segment in its current form even if Evans wasn't doing it.
911R - Went on a bit too long but I like Matt's comedy style, reminds me of previous Top Gear more than the other stuff in this episode. Nice to see the stig appear for more than the 1 lap.
Classics - Might be more interesting if you don't remember Clarkson doing the same in Series 6.
Car jump - Seemed like a late filler, possibly in place of the filming in Norway that got cancelled or something similar?

6/10 - Evans really needs a change of clothes, he was also getting a bit louder in the studio than the last few weeks. Although I wouldn't call this episode and indeed the whole series a total failure, I'm still not warming to the show and it's just not that entertaining or fun for me, just mildly interesting on occasion. Think I laughed more at the recent 1 minute Clarkson/Hammond Facebook video for TGT South Africa than this whole series.

Last edited:
Even with the big Porsche fan in Patrick, topped with a luftgek?hlt-shirt, I'm still not watching Chris for that long. Skipped it.

Chris Harris being so positive about the NSX, with brake-by-wire and steer-by-wire seems odd, didn't quite buy the enthusiasm. Otherwise a pretty good segment, Harris is still a joy to watch.

Mustang segment was also good. Electronic line lock? Really?

At first I was bummed that the 911 R wasn't driven by Chris, but MLB actually did pretty good. It's a fantastic car and combined it resulted in a very good segment indeed! Bit of Porsche-trivia: LeMans winner Marc Lieb gets to pick a new company car every 6 months. He begged about getting a 911 R since he first heard rumors about it. But no. Someone higher up on the company ladder said the R was for the fans, so they would sell all of them, not start giving them away to people inside the company. Love the attitude. Source: I had lunch with Marc.

MGB segment could have been good, the cars are pretty interesting, but Chris is still a shouty monkey, and not in a Clarkson-good-way.

Jump-segment was ruined by plain cheating. Kudos for using "The Chain", fitting for F1 man Eddie. Also, the best driver won so I'm happy about that.

Whoever wrote, edited this episode, figured out what the presenters are best at. Harris for the supercar geeky stuff, LeBlanc for the car driving experience, Reid for everyman car and Evans for the classics/british pride.
A good meat and potatos episode, imho the max this ensamble of presenters can do. The longer challenges is still a thing they need to crack, but for that you need time and chemistry. Getting wet with muddy water is a possible way to go.

Anyway I'll give it a 6/10, which makes it the highest rated episode from me and first with a positive number. Will check season 2.

Rory is a great host. 911R segment was also great. I feel this whole thing could work. Needs time to congeal.

Last edited:
I don't know what to say, other than I guess this would be OK if it was Fifth Gear.
There is no essence left of what made CHM's Top Gear, Top Gear.

Pretty solid episode. Like Fifth Gear but with higher production values. Don't expect CHM-like fun, just nice high-end car reviews (on the positive side: no tired yokes). Star segment too loud and too long, but nice guests.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever wrote, edited this episode, figured out what the presenters are best at. Harris for the supercar geeky stuff, LeBlanc for the car driving experience, Reid for everyman car and Evans for the classics/british pride.
A good meat and potatos episode, imho the max this ensamble of presenters can do.
Agreed. Spot on analysis.

5/10

Just get rid of Elmer J Fudd... I had enough.

The more I tried the worst it was, even for his clothes that he kept on for 6 weeks.

If he's back I am out for good even if I like the others.

Last edited:
- NSX bit is glorious, a nice blend of Harris and TG. I'd like to see a bit more Harris but this will do
- the lap, CE actually got closer to the mic this time but his lines are so terrible and not at all convincing. GET RID OF THE STUPID HIPSTER SHOES!
- Rory killed it, as usual
- interview, no. Go away
- Matt did a remarkably good bit
- CE bit, less shouty amazingly. That MG completely missed the point of being a MG which is in line with CE himself: completely missed the point
- Long jump, meh it didn't do it for me. Eddy, just stop. You're a great guy but for some reason you're acting like a clown on TG. You don't need that

If you cut away the interview and MG bit (so pretty much CE) and without the last long jump bit this episode would get an 8 from me. With those items it drops to a 6, would I not have been able to skip sections and have to endure the bad bits it'd drop to a 4.5

After this episode, I could watch a Top Gear with just MLB, Harris and Rory. Ditch everyone else and the star segment and there's a really good show in there.

Harris is Harris, MLB has been solid and a bit above expectations, but Rory has really been the break out star for me. I'd never heard of him before, but his segments have gotten better and better.

I actually really like Matt as a presenter.
Harris is obviously a keeper, ditto Rory, and I have no opinion on Sabine.
Jettison Evans and Jordan and you will have a damn fine show on your hands.
If this was the first season of a brand new show, I'd give it an 8/10.
As its Top Gear, 6.5/10

I enjoy the NSX piece -7.9 ( still getting use to Chris and his style, really like the new NSX)
I enjoyed the Mustang piece a bit more than the NSX -8( I hate Mustangs, so it was for Rory)
Interview- no comment, skipped it-0
Matt's Porsche piece-8
CE's MGB piece-6, would of been higher if someone else did it.
The filler , err long jump- 5

Now that season is over, I am going to say the biggest surprises for me is Matt and Rory , I really enjoyed everything Rory did, and Matt really surprised me, and he got better over the six episodes. Chris Harris , I am warming up to him, as for Sabine and Eddie, they really did not add anything to the show over all, and it seemed like they were trying to find stuff for them to do.

Now, if they would shit can CE, the show might actually get better, overall, for this first series of the reboot, I cant go much higher than a 5, while there were many strong points, they cant over come CE

Last edited:
I have just finished watching Extra Gear and seeing Ried, Harris, Schmith and Leblanc talking nicely on a couch was pretty cool. The chemistry is there for me.

Last edited:
Agreeing with some of you guys- LeBlanc, Harris and Rory don't need the others. Evans HAS to go. He's been pushed back somewhat- notice how much more of the studio stuff LeBlanc has been doing? -but he's still an obnoxious shouty twat. And what purpose does Eddie Jordan serve- turns up, stands there, acts baffled- how much is he paid for that?!

THere's the bones of a reasonable motoring show in there, but it's still a mish-mash of old, new and shite at the minute.

I thought that was pretty good, would've been nice to get power laps of the other cars online if not on the show but I guess they've just decided that they only do 1 power lap per show. All the reviews I was happy with Evan's one was better then his last reviews as a whole. I kinda hope they find more for Eddie Jordon to do next series.

Evans. Please buy some new clothes. Or was this whole season' studio segments filmed in one day or something?
- NSX: good review, liked the filming, not sure on Harris his style. He's still trying a bit too hard to be Clarkson. Return to his normal internet self next season and he can be the star of the show.
- Mustangs: Rory, you are literally holding TG together at the moment. Flawless season for this guy.
- SIARCRPRRRC: Dempsey is a cool guy (people kill me when I call him the modern Steve McQueen), but even he and his L?ftgekuhlt shirt can't help this segment.
- 911R: That was pretty good. Guy can drive and it felt like classic TG Track review.
- MGB: So you use the same restored classic cars as you did in S5/S6 (DB5 + E), then talk about Eagle and admit that is a repeat (from multiple seasons) and then do some quirky review of a hyped-up MG. This segment didn't add anything to the show. Evans was kinda acceptable though. Though him talking about a million being super expensive knowing he drove his multi-million pound Ferrari convoy to work that morning sort of felt ironic to me. I mean, CHM all had/have expensive cars, but this was just a bit cringey.
- Jump: This was only fun because Harris won and because this was the only segment with Sabine.
- Show ending: Wow, this was more awkward and cringe-worthy then how they started the season. Just say 'thanks for watching and sticking with us, we'll be back next season bigger and better'. Not this awkward shuffle away from the camera business.

Season thoughts: It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Evans I had high(ish) hopes for, but I was disappointed by him badly. Sabine I didn't look forward too and still don't, please make her go away. Harris solid as expected. I kinda like Jordan. Rory total surprise of the series; top chap. MLB is more than welcome for me. I can live with another season; if they make solid improvements to the show.
The question is: can the BBC. Because they are never ever getting the CHM ratings back again, and apparently that's all they want.

"Now offcourse, WE at TopGear have talked about the eagle before"

We? What the hell 'We' ? What exactly did you do for TopGear before this season huh? Before you stepped in, fucked it over and ruined it you opportunistic, incompetent hipster cunt?

I knew watching was a mistake....