$25,000 Canadian. What to buy?

oy vey

can we not contain this arguement??

As for the Impreza 2.5TS, I think it isnt bad value, cuz it has 4 wheel drive, and I personally cannot stand frontwheel drive. it pisses me off so much! :evil: I'll take rear or all any day

I've driven many front drive cars, and the way I drive does not suit them. Especially in our winters here :shock: they're horrible. a little cough on the throttle and the front wheels are spinnign away even with the traction control on! On my car the wheels still spin, but in a good way :twisted:

one word! POWERSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

I say 90-93 240sx with Sr20det swap. Repaint it black so its really sleek looking. Alot of Nismo parts and an Ings body kit also some Project Mu brakes would look nice. It would look hot.

Mazzoni said:
I say 90-93 240sx with Sr20det swap. Repaint it black so its really sleek looking. Alot of Nismo parts and an Ings body kit also some Project Mu brakes would look nice. It would look hot.

The 240sx chasis is not a good platform to build on at all. Even with a heavily tuned SR20DET you're not going to make much more than 300HP (that's without dumping ridiculous ammounts of money into the car). The car may be RWD and may have decent stock HP, but when you get right down to it, it's just a basic commuter car.

A friend of mine drives a 92 240sx that he has dumped tonnes and tonnes of money into... and it's really just not worth it.

I agree with the vote for getting a used Bimmer or the Mazda3.

If I was going with a Subie it would be the last gen of Impreza RS in blue, black or silver

impreza-rs_front-left2.jpg

new chioce for me: an e38 BMW 740i :D or an e39 540i

there are quite a few for sale in BC for around $25k CDN they are all 1997ish models with around 150,000 km on them

Ya, I've seen many mid 1990 540i's listed around $25k in Vancouver listings.

There seems to be a lot of really great BMWs on the market here for some reason.

its kinda odd, they're so much cheaper just in BC