Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
TG Season 26 kicks off with some sensible family estate cars and some rugged off-road choices.

Not a bad episode at all. I enjoyed it all. Even the guest star was enjoyable. But I don't have so much against that segment as some others do.

I concur. This was proper. Nothing to complain about, really (other than Sabine hamming it up too much, but that's her, I guess).

Six for Norway, not bothered about the rest

Damnit! How did that season sneak up on me without me realising it! Comes from not watching live TV much these days... Will have to stream it.

So I've seen it now, and I'm afraid the Norway bit - apart from some nice scenery - was suffering from a bad case of GrandTouritis... pointlessly stupid cars which only very rich dickheads will buy and a lot of badly scripted "humour". I mean; apparently it takes longer to stop and pick up a "dropped" branch than to line your car with plastic sheeting and mulch half a tree... :rolleyes:

The Panda vs Ignis bit was a lot more original (although still a bit sillier than necessary) so that saved the episode for me (7/10).

Can't quite put my finger on why but post CHM Top Gear races/competitions have always lacked suspense or a sense of urgency. They seem like no-one is bothered about the result before they even start, so comes over as an anti-climax. The Norway film suffered from this.

Bit of a silly premise for the Suzuki film as well, who'd spend 15 grand on a mini 4x4 where a reasonable sized dog couldn't even fit a dog in the back when they have 100 grand to spend?

Can't comment on the guest segment, haven't watched one for years.

6/10