Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
This was the best episode of the season for me.

The Lamborghini review that started the episode off was just a classic supercar review. It was great to se it out there, to hear about what made it different from the regular Huracan, and I'm glad it really did end up being quick around the track.

Conversation Street was really good in my book because the bit about the Bentayga special edition was honestly funny, and the crowd participation seemed organic and fun.

The fueling film was actually pretty good for one of the nonsense ones, and I was genuinely impressed by the airport vehicle contraption. Sure they didn't need to specify that the acrobats were Chinese, and that's a little annoying, but all in all, a pretty damn good goof-off film.

SIARPC or whatever it's called -- a good one in my book because both guests had fun, seemed like they were into it, had good car stories. I liked it and I usually don't find it all that great.

okay. now the real conversation. The Lancia Film. It was phenomenal. The combination of thrilling footage from the era and recreations that helped tell the story effectively made this film really special. The story is one of the most exciting in rally history, and it captures a sense of the charisma that I think is missing from car racing nowadays. The homologation anecdote.... incredible. Jeremy told it well, the production was stellar, and it closed out an episode that already had all the right ingredients.

This episode brought me back to what made me love Top Gear. I learned something, I laughed, and I got to look at cars that thrilled me.

9/10

The Lancia vs Audi segment that Clarkson did -- sure, Clarkson's "cheating" riffs were on the meh side, but when he goes factual, that's when he really nails it. It's right up there with James' segment on the Ford-Ferrari rivalry from last year.

That ... is what TGT can do that TGMRC can't, because the Matt / Rory / Chris don't have the props to do historical storytelling.

Also, the "long time ago on a car show far far away" bit in Richard's segment ... they're going to have to do more of those, acknowledge their past and their history.

Very good episode, would have been a 9 if not for the refueling segment. Deducted 1 point because of it. So 8/10.

One of the best eps in the series so far IMO. Good humour/chemistry, goofy car stuff, a proper car review, fun guests and informative segment. The true core of what always made TG what it was and why TGT still can feel fresh.

Last edited:
What can I add that hasnt been said already most definately the best episode this season it was Clarkson, Hammond and May doing what they do best.

A good review from Richard Hammond on the Lambourghini.

Converstation had me in stitches probably the best one yet :)

The refueling was Hammond and May cocking about probably today the weakest part.

Anthony Joshua and Bill Goldberg in Celebrity Face Off was also fun to watch.

Audi versus Lancia as mentioned this sort of thing is done by Jeremy Clarkson so very well and actually seeing the people involved such as Walter Rohrl etc. was a pleasure to see.

Last edited:
Ok... I must say that this is one of greatest and the best episode to this date, of this season of Grand Tour.
The Lambo segment was perfect, great review, not a short review either, exactly like the "old show". Perfect.
Conversation Street, was also very good, again much like the "old show", great topics, but i wish it was a tiny bit longer, but still very good indeed.
The refueling thing, was good enough and well done because it wasn't a big segment, and sure i wouldn't mind watch this type of things if tehy were in small segments. In the end I enjoyed thsi part.
Celeb's: it was alright but I wished that they've done since the start, one guest at the time not two. It would save time for other great segments like the next one.
Audi vs Lancia, was the cherry at the top of the cake. This is one of those moments when the presenters and team, can can pull an astonishing piece of footage. Loved it so much.

R: 8/10

Last edited:
Yup. Lancia vs. Audi is going to be classic piece of car history storytelling. Long time since last serious history feature by Clarkson (it was the SAAB one, I suppose, since the Peugeot bit was too... well, you know what I mean).
Never expected Rohrl to be so nicely-introvertish, always imagined him a badass guy since he had the balls to develop the 037, then the updated Quattro and almost all the modern Porsches.

That Huracan made for a nice review. That carbon/resin mix just makes those panels look very dusty, though. And I was hoping the drag race would be between the new Huracan and an old one, especially after Richard talked about the new ducts. Oh well, we're probably talking a foot or two (for an extra 50k) anyway. The sound it makes, especially during the lap, reminded me of the fury of a Group B Audi Quattro S1 at times, which is a very good thing!

"Mind the sheep." Ugh...

Couldn't they have afforded the Thunderbirds theme for the first refuelling test? Seems clear that's what they were going for. Sounded weird hearing Richard saying "we are pumping gas," but then again, he is American. Loved the Acrogas test! The third test is what I was thinking before I saw it, namely, 'why not Knight Rider style?' Very fun segment overall!

Goldberg? Ok, I guess I'll watch the guest segment this week. Best part was "mysteriously, someone placed a car in front of me at a traffic light."

I'm adding comments as I watch, so WOW, when I mentioned the Quattro earlier, I had no idea I'd see one later on! :eek: I guess seeing Walter Rohrl at the beginning should've been a clue, but I forgot about that... Great segment, and not just because I'm a huge rally fan. Loved the part about homologation.

Excellent episode overall, maybe the best episode of TGT yet. Felt very much like the best Top Gear of old. 10/10, which is very rare for me. This is exactly what I've always hoped TGT would be and I finally have a perfect, or near perfect, episode.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved it. Lamborghini segment for well paced. Everything you needed to know was handed to you when you thought about it. Conversation street was fine, CDM was also quite enjoyable. But the crown jewel of this episode and may I boldly say the series, Audio vs Lancia, was just superb. This is what I was looking for throughout this season. All other episodes lacked something, and I could never put my finger on what was missing. Now I know what it was. It was the car passion, that no amount of fooling around and bursting into flames can fake.
When the talked about Lancia "cheating" I laughed, when they talked about dusty, gravel stages, I was worried, and when Walter was describing his dreamlike victory at San Remo, I shed a manly tear, the one reserved for the ending of The Gladiator. Glorious.

Last edited:
I really liked this whole episode and of course the Lancia segment was phenomenal.

Performante review was brilliant! "a lifetime ago, on a car show in a galaxy far, far away" mint AF! I also loved the fact that they used James's own Speciale for the drag race (another reference to TG when they used James's old F430 to race the 458 Italia). The banter they did at the start of the drag race was pretty obvious but its forgivable. I expected the Performante to post a fast lap and it did, but I didn't expect it to beat the 720S. So a little surprise there. My favourite supercar review of this season.

Conversation street was the best of this series. They talked about a lot of cars this time, that was nice! And Alana Spencer :heart:.

The refueling film was good, there were some jokes that you could see coming from a mile away but even then it was a decent watch. Celebrity face off wasn't that interesting but Anthony's accident description was epic! "someone placed a car in front of me" LOL.

And then came the Lancia vs Audi film. Easily one of the best films they've done this season. The footage, the history, the interviews, the "loopholes" that Lancia found and the cars themselves, everything was amazing and a pleasure to watch. I was excited when they wanted me to be and anxious when they didn't. That really was what Top Gear did best, and with this film, so does Grand Tour. A little bit of history, a little of bit humor and a lot epic cars. The 037 that Jezza drove was so beautiful! Sad to see they went from making that to ugly family hatchbacks. Anyway, excellent film to end a great episode. 9/10 from me.

9/10 for that last film. It was so brilliant I don't remember what else was in the episode. Fantastic mini-documentary.

figgis-diggis;n3544513 said:
And BTW, why "gas"? Petrol's a liquid!
Damn colonists.

Hey, can you explain what a zed is?

8/10

The mobile petrol refilling segment seemed a little lacking in their usual quality but the rest was a great episode. I really enjoyed the celebrity bit for a change.

Stellar episode, keep them coming like this!! Conversation street on point. Exactly the kind of conversation we want to hear. I almost feel like GT listened to feedback about more car-related conversation and are hitting the nail on the head. I laughed at Hammond's sarcastic jab at us unscripted complainers with his race with May. Just so you know boys, When we complain about being unscripted, we mean the goofy bits like the car refueling and not things being scripted and planned during supercar reviws! I digress, it was an excellent episode, I can overlook the things I disliked. Take a 10 and bring us back more.

Good episode, probably the best one yet. No "special", just not only solid, but good entertainment from start to finish without cringing.

Even the silly segment with the refueling was good. I liked how they went over-the-top for the failed attempts, but at the same time completely deadpan about it. Same with the Lancia story, it was how they delivered the "renenactments" that made it good. Also, I can never get enough on-board footage of 80's rally drivers channeling their inner Moses parting the sea of spectators.

My verdict: 9/10.