33:33 Movie Game

you-are-correct-sir.jpg

Spoilered because it's not necessarily blatantly NSFW, but some might construe it as such.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen the film, and I have no idea why, but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that pic. :blink:

So, yeah... good luck with this. :p

whatthehellareyoulookingat.jpg

Mud, possible a North Sea beach, an empty beer can, all animated. Has to be a "Werner" movie.

EDIT: On second glance, it looks to good for "Werner". Maybe Waltz With Bashir?

Last edited:
Nope and Nope. :p

I'll just say that the second guess is much closer to the real answer than the first.

Nobody else? Alright, I'll give a first hint: it's a Japanese film.

Yes, anime obviously. My guesses are limited to: Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2 and Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door. Everything else I watch is OVA.

Akira

Yes, anime obviously. My guesses are limited to: Ghost in the Shell 1 [...]

Ding ding ding! That's correct.

I hope the good Doktor has actually seen it, given it's philosophical overtones and all. :p

I'll put it on the list.

Well, that was a nice fluke, that scene is just too... bland to be memorable.

And speaking of movies everyone should see:

Well, that was a nice fluke, that scene is just too... bland to be memorable.

Yeah. Which got me thinking, how about a slight change to the rules of the thread? Allow not only shots from 33:33, but also timestamps that are a multiple thereof (i.e. "66:66", which would actually be 67:06; "99:99" / 100:39; and so on). Thoughts?

Yeah. Which got me thinking, how about a slight change to the rules of the thread?[...]
No. (knowing the exact moment of the film actually makes it easier to double-check and to remember. 33:33 in a full lengh feature is in most films about a a third in.)

Top Tip: if you have a pic at 33:33 that just provides "nothing", just pic(k) another movie. ;)