its still a 40K movie and they've got to start somewhere. if it takes off then they can focus on other aspects of the 40K franchise. :drool: at the possibility of a Gaunt's Ghosts movie.

Anything would have been better than vanilla Ultramarines. I like the chapters that have a bit spicier backstory, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Raven Gaurd.

Anything would have been better than vanilla Ultramarines. I like the chapters that have a bit spicier backstory, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Raven Gaurd.

true but they need to do something to bring on board those who aren't all that familiar with the Warhammer 40K universe and by bombarding them with information is only going to make them look elsewhere. if this works i wouldn't be surprised that when it comes to another movie, they will go with another Space Marine Chapter.

marine__by_lightningtremlett-d2zm053.jpg

marine___by_lightningtremlett-d2zm0az.jpg

life_size_space_marine__by_lightningtremlett-d2zkrsv.jpg

Yes it really is full size, I'm a solid 6 foot 3 and he towered over me at 7 feet tall.

me_and_a_space_marine__by_lightningtremlett-d2zks1c.jpg

More to come waiting for files to upload. :D

Werent most Astartes between 8-9 feet average? From what i've read in fluff and books, a regular human, even a tall one barely reaches the chest. In any case, it looks awesome, though his knee pads being empty indicates this wasnt a marine who took part or was honoured in any major campaigns and his pauldrons should be larger, im guessing they dont have auto reactive stuff laying around to use :p /geekflex

Also, new Horus Heresy book is out, Nemesis by James Swallow, will upload it to the 40k pdf archive when i can :)

Last edited:
wowzer, very impressive. although i'm sure its difficult to probably do a full on Astartes armor. given the amount of source material behind the armor and how its meant to look, it'd be very difficult to re-create it in a realistic manner.

wowzer, very impressive. although i'm sure its difficult to probably do a full on Astartes armor. given the amount of source material behind the armor and how its meant to look, it'd be very difficult to re-create it in a realistic manner.

I asked some staff about it when I was there and they told me GW hired the guys who made the Armour for Iron Man to build the suit of Power Armour.

Yeah, im being overly complainy cause i've read enough to spot what's wrong, since even in the novels the authors take from canon descriptions. Like his neck is too exposed, there's supposed to be a gorget rising from his chest armour to protect that very area... okay i'll stop now

while i posted a image earlier in the awesome thread of a Lego Thor from SC2. someone else pointed out that a Lego Dreadnought had been made, just seen this on kotaku and felt more at home here.

500x_lego_warhammer.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the same artist i linked who made the dreadnought, he's mass producing those marines for sale iirc

So, I ended up getting DoW II. I'm really enjoying it. I really didn't think I would enjoy it at all because I was so used to DoW I and its expansions. However, playing on insane with the bad pathing of DoW I made give DoW II a try and I ended up buying it.

So, I ended up getting DoW II. I'm really enjoying it. I really didn't think I would enjoy it at all because I was so used to DoW I and its expansions. However, playing on insane with the bad pathing of DoW I made give DoW II a try and I ended up buying it.

I enjoy it, though I'm not keen on the standard multiplayer, co-op and Last Stand are amazing. And I don't know anything about Warhammer 40k.

I enjoy it, though I'm not keen on the standard multiplayer, co-op and Last Stand are amazing.

Hmm, I haven't tried multiplayer as of yet. I figure that I will work on my skills first versus the computer and then try human opponents.

And I don't know anything about Warhammer 40k.
As I said in my other post I've been messing around with 40K since around 1988. Haven't played the tabletop game in a very long time but I still keep up with some of the happenings. But it's cool that you don't know anything about the game but still enjoy DoW.

Last edited:
Yup, my point is that it's a good game in it's own right, doesn't try to be carried by the license ;)

Campaign, multiplayer, and Last Stand are actually significantly different... if you can play campaign you will pick up Last Stand quickly but multiplayer takes some practice.

Man! This is crazy! Dude has really good micro. He has his Warlock do Warp Throw on like 2 squads of Heretics and then has his Guardians throw grenades on the Heretics before they can get up from the Warp Throw. All shown in slow motion.

Last edited:
recent trailer for the upcoming Space Marines game.

as far as shooters go, i'd say i'm looking more forward to this one than the upcoming Call of Duty: black ops or recent Medal of Honor.

Last edited:
recent trailer for the upcoming Space Marines game.

as far as shooters go, i'd say i'm looking more forward to this one than the upcoming Call of Duty: black ops or recent Medal of Honor.

I am too, but that's not very difficult, I'm really not a fan of the gritty generic modern warfare FPS shtick. At least Warhammer should be unique.

From the trailer, it appears to be third person, and with significant emphasis on melee. I guess Gears of War is pretty close.

yup my mistake. Gears of War would be the closest relation to the game since its third person. i used CoD: Black Ops and MoH as the examples of the whole shooter thing (Fallout 3 has a optional 3rd person mode as well) since those two are most usually the first that comes to peoples mind.

About 3 or 4 shows ago Giant Bombcast (best video game podcast out there IMO) was talking about this game. They were saying that in talking with the relic guys that originally it was supposed to be a cover based shooter alla Gear of War but in playing the first alpha builds they realized that Astartes wouldn't hide in cover and then stick there gun out to blind fire cowering like filthy heretics. So relic basically went back and redid pretty much all of the cover mechanics so that you can use cover to avoid fire but when you fight you fight pretty much toe to toe with the enemy. I love that relic had a real handle on the GW IP.