67 Mustang heart transplant surgery in progress...

Thanks man, it sure is a lot of fun.

Once it is road worthy, tagged and inspected, I'm going to opt for a medium grade paint job. Nothing too fancy just make it look presentable as a 20' car. I won't go nuts on paint until I really work on the body in phase 2 of this restoration.

A handful of unedited pics from a drive today.

Before we begin...

DSC_0167.jpg

On the super collider highway...

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

a little out of focus

DSC_0108.jpg

Casualty

DSC_0111.jpg

Sitting outside the drive in theater. Nothing vintage about what's playing here...

DSC_0124-1.jpg

DSC_0128-1.jpg

Ending the day with a view (about as good as it gets around here).

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Some horses came by to see what was going on. Not many cars drive through here. Probably none stop.

DSC_0157.jpg

Beast.
DSC_0114.jpg

Man, that sensor is filthy!

Nice! Glad to see it in running condition.

Kind of off topic, I saw a black 69 Mustang Notchback today and while staring at it I realized that ALL of the Mk1 Mustangs I've ever seen in real life were notchbacks. I have never seen a fastback in person. Does anyone know what the ratio of notchback/fastback was over the years?

Kind of off topic, I saw a black 69 Mustang Notchback today and while staring at it I realized that ALL of the Mk1 Mustangs I've ever seen in real life were notchbacks. I have never seen a fastback in person. Does anyone know what the ratio of notchback/fastback was over the years?

Dunno what the ratio was, but it was far too low. Fastbacks are getting hard to come by for less than 25 grand. I do like the coupe mustangs. But the Fastbacks are just on another level.

Nice! Glad to see it in running condition.

Total 1969 Mustangs produced: 299,824

Fastback, Standard equipment: 56,022
Fastback, Deluxe equipment: 5,958
Fastback, Mach 1 equipment: 72,458
Fastback total production: 134,438 44.84%

Hardtop Coupe, Standard equipment: 118,613
Hardtop Coupe, Deluxe equipment: 5,210
Hardtop Coupe, bench seats: 4,131
Hardtop Coupe, Deluxe, bench seats: 504
Hardtop Coupe, Grande equipment: 22,182
Coupe total production: 150,640 50.24%

Convertible,Standard equipment: 11,307
Convertible, Deluxe equipment: 3,439
Convertible total production: 14,746 4.92%

Of those, there were 1628 Boss 302s and 859 Boss 429s including two Boss Cougars.

Ford sold these Cougars to the two drag racers for ONE dollar each with the agreement the cars would be returned to Ford (for a date with the crusher) after they were done racing them. Surprisingly, neither one made it back to Ford..

This makes me so happy.

dat sound.... :drool:

I'm going to hold you responsible if I cave in and buy a ridiculously thirsty V8 btw. ;)

dat sound.... :drool:

I'm going to hold you responsible if I cave in and buy a ridiculously thirsty V8 btw. ;)

Gas is generally not the expensive part of running one of these older cars, funnily enough.

That's double the MPG I get. :lol: What a brilliant car you've got there. I would love a Mustang (or any old US V8) if they weren't so hideously overpriced here. Keep the pics/vids coming!

yeah, I spend far more money on parts and other maintenance for the Fairlane then I do on gas (usually between 17-22 hwy for me, depending on conditions), at least on a per-mile basis.
fuel is hardly the expensive part of keeping an old car, even as a daily hehe

I love this mustang though, it sounds awesome, plus it's my second-favorite year for a mustang (i like the '69 more, but only just)
Nice color too hehe ;)