Ownership Verified: '77 Zastava 101 "The Flying Shite"

So the work is continuing...

171112_welding rear.jpg

...the left hand inner fender has been welded up (no proper picture, sorry) and then we ran out of gas. But we have a fresh bottle now and work shall continue next week.
After taking more apart we now have a good idea of how much work it'll be, a bit more welding in the front, which should be easy, and then some welding on the front passenger door, which will be tricky. Anyhow, it's not too much welding work.

So next would be reassembly, starting with the rear suspension, shocks and bushings. This also means getting some new parts. We made a little list of essential stuff:

:update: current list in later post!

We're both a bit broke at the moment so if you want to help fund our parts so that we can get the car ready for ringmeet 2018 please click here to help us!
All help is very appreciated, we'll put the names of everyone who donated somewhere on the car! :)

Further updates will follow.

Last edited:
Thanks alot to the two of you who contributed! :D I bought a set of bushings for the rear a-arms (35,29?) with the money.

Next aim would be the 70? for the two rear shocks! Keep it coming ;)

I'll literally put the names on the parts! ;)

Another 35? received thanks to Leviathan and my girlfriend, thank you very much! :D

Found rear shocks that were reduced due to damaged packaging but are brand new otherwise...46.38? for the pair! Ordered and on their way!

So rear axle is almost complete, a bolt and some rubber rings are missing, but I'll order them with other parts from the same seller to save on shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a lot of smaller parts in the list, if anyone wants to choose which part to pay for specifically, go for it!

Last edited:
Thanks to Nicjasno's donation we bought the fuel filler hose that broke back in Italy and was swapped for an air hose there. Thank you! :D

Yes, but there's also parts that are bundled up because I can get them from different sellers without paying for shipping several times over.

Something that's not in a bundle and that could come in handy now would be the body-colour paint (25?)

Package one would be a set of gaskets, the lower engine mount and fuel hoses for about 50? alltogether.

Package two would consist of pretty much all the other stuff including the clutch kit and would be around 300?

Then there's the tyres and a few other small parts I still need to find...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to mitchi's and the rest of Nicjasno's contribution I just bought the paint! Thank you so much! :D

C-Can you write my name on ... the paint? :blink: :lol:

How about... instead of donating I get vinyls with the names of everyone who helped out and you can put them on the trunk lid or something? :)

Mitchi, good point ;)

IceBone, that's a good idea and offer, we can think of a design when we know the final number of people!

How about... instead of donating I get vinyls with the names of everyone who helped out and you can put them on the trunk lid or something? :)

Or on the inside of doorhandles...

Thanks to Adu's donation I got us the brake-reservoir hoses I overlooked earlier...Thank you! :D

I'm not sure about the progress of Joe and Adrian's deal, but I myself am a bit broke and Joe pretends to be too whilst making generous donations himself :? ;) ;)

Thanks MXM and Joe, I'll see that I haven't overlooked a part I could buy there and then proceed to order the first package! :D

I'm not sure about the progress of Joe and Adrian's deal, but I myself am a bit broke and Joe pretends to be too whilst making generous donations himself :? ;) ;)

Right, so if he's one of the owners, and donations are technically tax-deductible... :hmm:

Thanks MXM and Joe, I'll see that I haven't overlooked a part I could buy there and then proceed to order the first package! :D

I still have to pay Adrian I guess... Might have forgotten about that!

I felt a bit guilty about ordering more parts for Luigi while we have a donation drive going on for the Zastava :p Even though the Luigi parts come from Sarah and my savings and the Zastava I have to pay with my own pocket money ... Which, for the record, is now empty until pay day :lol: