Ownership Verified: '77 Zastava 101 "The Flying Shite"

Beni

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
1,413
Location
berlin
Car(s)
too many
It looks better in the pics than in reality, more patina, I'll get some pics this weekend.
 

MWF

Now needs wood
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
27,509
Location
MWF HQ, Ukadia
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
This is the coolest car on the forum. Such a clean looking machine.

And so damn cheap. If I knew I could get that much car for the money, I'd have done the same. :D
It was voted the coolest car in the Ringmeet Awards.

Also :+1: for sticking with the nickname I gave it. AKA the Dizastava (not mine).
 

tquattro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
1,089
Location
Transylvania
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8T
I'll come to Romania again and get an old Dacia, then we can drive it to another ringmeet, kay?
:mouse:
I just looked at a local car sales sites, finding an old Dacia doesn't appear to be that easy :(. I think most of them were crushed in a "Cash for clunkers" type program, so finding a nice old Dacia at a decent price will be hard.
 

Beni

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
1,413
Location
berlin
Car(s)
too many
Are there young people appreciating stock old Dacias yet?
 

MWF

Now needs wood
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
27,509
Location
MWF HQ, Ukadia
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Go to France, find an old R12 and rebadge it?
 

tquattro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
1,089
Location
Transylvania
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8T
Keep on looking!
I will keep an eye on enthusiasts forums.

Are there young people appreciating stock old Dacias yet?
Not many, just recently the old Dacias started to be seen as classics. Actually all the classic car scene in Romania is quite small.

Go to France, find an old R12 and rebadge it?
Probably it would be easier :lol:. The first Dacias were just R12s assembled here and then rebadged.

Or maybe you want a Dacia 1100 (Renault 8) :D
 
Last edited:

Beni

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
1,413
Location
berlin
Car(s)
too many
YES, please find an affordable 1100!!!
 

Beni

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
1,413
Location
berlin
Car(s)
too many
We still have some time to look...but even the second one isn't too bad, if it runs.

- - - Updated - - -

We could even take it to the finnish ice track meet, it's RWD after all!
 

luokyio

Merc Maniac
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
1,592
Location
Savonlinna, Finland
Car(s)
S213, W251, Scorpio

Beni

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
1,413
Location
berlin
Car(s)
too many
I was more thinking of bringing a Dacia 1100 to icetrack meet, since it's rwd. ;)

 

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
5,822
Location
Maribor, Slovenia, Europe
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact
Also, suggested by my mechanic friend, who has the post facelift 1980 model, he says that you should fit front A-arms from the pickup version, since they're stronger/stiffer.
 

47

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
5,116
Location
Croatia
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
Found these hubcaps in the ads. They are around Split, and should be mailed, but that should be not problem.

They are around Split and would have to be mailed since, but that should be no problem.

I sent a message to the seller since there is no phone number.
 

Beni

Well-Known Member
DONOR
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
1,413
Location
berlin
Car(s)
too many
Sweet, and good advice, I'm still not sure which route to go, maybe you can help:

- keep it as stock as possible whilst sorting out all the mechanics and electrics, no performance mods, drive it as it is

- keep it as stock as possible blabla but drop in a bigger engine, 5-speed gearbox, drop it a bit, upgrade all the suspension components and fit wider wheels

What do you all think?
 

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
5,822
Location
Maribor, Slovenia, Europe
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact
I'd say:
- bring the suspension up to snuff (new bushings, shocks, etc...),
- check the steering rack,
- fix the exhaust
- put in the bigger engine with the five speed.

But keep the appearance stock. I wouldn't overdo it on the wheels, maybe 155 tires (some brand name ones that actually are any good). I would not lower the car at all.
 

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
11,643
Location
Oysterbottom
Car(s)
MX-5 + others
The car needs to be 95% stock appearance with the dirty bits upgraded. Remaining 5% is YOLO.
 

47

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
5,116
Location
Croatia
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
I'm with nicjasno, fix/upgrade the mechanical bits, make it a bit faster, more pleasant to drive, and keep the looks.
Do those hubcaps go on just those wheels or could they fit on say an inch bigger wheel?
 
Top