A Call for PhotoGuides Contributors

AshDav

Hi all.

As many of you may know, I run a website called PhotoGuides.
PhotoGuides is an online community holding guides and tutorials for both photography and photoshop, as well as inspiring content.
Lately the website's been growing in size and I'm receiving over 1,000 visitors a day, and statistics appear to be doubling every month.

In 22 days time I'll be entering year 12, my final year. This of course will involve a dedicated focus on school work, and sadly this doesn't leave a whole lot of room for PhotoGuides.
As a result, I'm opening up PhotoGuides to contributors, both to meet the needs of the growing community, as well as to keep the website running while I'm doing maths homework.

I know there are some great photographers here on FinalGear, each with their own unique style and knowledge that has been gained from years of experience. I've seen heaps of tips shared, as well as some full guides posted to help out others, as well as understand an aspect of photography better themselves.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in contributing some articles for PhotoGuides. In return for contributions you'll have a section on each post you make with a short bio and a link to your own website.

Here's what I'd be interested in.
- 'Quick Tips' (a new section I'm starting) which contains small, handy tips, like 'breath out as you take the photo to keep the camera steady'. These should be around 100-200 words long.
- Beginners Guides, which detail the things a beginner photographer may need to know, such as what ISO is or Aperture.
- Advanced Guides, such as how to photograph sunsets or a guide about filters

Also, if you're a photoshop enthusiast I'm open to contributions with PS tutorials as well.

If you are interested, perhaps reply in this thread with an idea, PM me or email me at ashdavies@photoguides.net and I'll set you up with a contributors account.
Please note that all articles will be subject to administration to ensure only unique and high quality guides will be posted.

Thanks for your help :)

http://www.photoguides.net

Last edited:
So you're trying to make something like Digital Photography School?

I'd me interested...if I wasn't in year 12 myself :? Sorry mate...

Haha you year 12s. We have a name for you at my school; retards. That's because we're in the final, 14th year of education before uni: Year 13. :lol:

But they are good tuts - I couldn't do one because I'm also in my final year and I don't know anything worthwhile to do :lol: