A Forum to Discuss the State of the Forum in the "Forums" Sub-Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread is rapidly descending into "everything was better in the olden days"-territory.

Let's post some "Get off my lawn" demotivators and nuke the thread from orbit.

Back in the old days, you didn't get to make threads like this.. because in the old days chocolate flowed freely from the golden rivers of aluminum siding. Doubt me? Just call my trousers. They will send the package towards Kangaroo city for the pope's annual washing fiesta. Horses will support international crime while purporting to oppose it before the year is over. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. The very genesis of horses's puerile values is in sadism. And it seems to me to be a neat bit of historic justice that it will eventually itself be destroyed by attacking tomatoes. Consider its adages a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of neocolonialism. Do I agree? Nothing unites people like a common enemy. That's why I would encourage everybody to take some shots of their own at constipation by reprimanding it for leaving a large part of this country's workforce dislocated and unloved. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Any conversation is good conversation... I think. :p

How did yours? I saw it as an attempt to lighten up and get away from the OP's
perceived scaremongering.
Could you please elaborate on the idea of my "perceived" fearmongering? I honestly did a double-take when I read that...

Last edited:
Back in the old days, you didn't get to make threads like this.. because in the old days chocolate flowed freely from the golden rivers of aluminum siding. Doubt me? Just call my trousers. They will send the package towards Kangaroo city for the pope's annual washing fiesta. Horses will support international crime while purporting to oppose it before the year is over. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. The very genesis of horses's puerile values is in sadism. And it seems to me to be a neat bit of historic justice that it will eventually itself be destroyed by attacking tomatoes. Consider its adages a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of neocolonialism. Do I agree? Nothing unites people like a common enemy. That's why I would encourage everybody to take some shots of their own at constipation by reprimanding it for leaving a large part of this country's workforce dislocated and unloved. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words.

I do believe you've finally cracked...

It just seems like the community has gotten more closely knit, so it's like the threads are just conversations that's talked about, and the in-jokes are spread out more because we basically know where the joke came from and why it's funny.

I do believe you've finally cracked...
You always run, run away. In fact, it's your hearts that you betray. Feeding on your hungry eyes, I'm willing to bet you're not so civilized. Well, isn't love primitive! Often a wild gift that you'd like to give. I suggest you break out of captivity and follow me, my stereo jungle child, for love is the kill and your heart's still wild.

I'm shootin' at the walls of heartache... bang... bang..... I am the warrior. Well I am the warrior, and heart to heart you'll win if only you survive the warrior..... the warrior.

You talk, talk. You talk to me. Your eyes yearn to touch me physically. If you stay with me, we'll take the night just as passion takes another bite.

I ask, who is the hunter? Who's the game? I feel the beat call your name. I hold you close, in glorious victory. I do not desire to tame your animal style. You will not be caged, forever in the call of the wild.

I'm shootin' at the walls of heartache... bang... bang..... I am the warrior. Well I am the warrior, and heart to heart you'll win if only you survive the warrior..... the warrior.

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face, stars fill my dreams
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait, all will be revealed

???

I was scolding him for getting away from the original topic. It's the unnecessary silliness and "Oh, let's post in every thread, even though it doesn't matter, just so I can have a larger post count" that teletubby-warrior (and a few others, including me) are complaining about. Some jokes may be funny in certain threads, but that doesn't mean they have to spread into every other thread.

There may be people who are guilty of that but I wouldn't say BlaRo is one of them.

Could you please elaborate on the idea of my "perceived" fearmongering? I honestly did a double-take when I read that...

I think this thread is rapidly descending into "everything was better in the olden days"-territory.

The good Doctor pretty much summed it up. As I said before things change, deal with it. And just as recession is a self-fulfilling media prophecy so suggesting FG might be going to hell in a handbasket is a damn good way of making it happen.

Sure things have changed, and some things have got better and some got worse but on the whole I'd say we're in pretty good shape. So stop worrying, have a :beer: and let's get on with whatever a bunch of car geeks on a web forum can call a life.

it always amazes me how much of the forum's posts are in epic, long-running topics with tens or even hundreds of pages of replies. As a casual forum user (or, imaginably, a forum newcomer) these long-running threads are tremendously off-putting.

-People are using the silly Random Thoughts threads rather than creating a new thread for a question.. Go make threads for your questions or thoughts- it is not going to kill anyone.

^^ That! Megathreads need to be followed to get anything out of them, and it is just too much work. There's no harm in them, I guess, but stuff does get lost in there, sucking content from the rest of the forum.

I also have to agree that "memefication" of ALL things (sorry, sorry) is just getting sooo tiring. We had occasional inside jokes before, but now one might think bots are writing some replies. Same goes for IRC and all the rest of the internet though. Or so it seems.

Now, if I could have game forum threads not to show up in new posts list too... :rolleyes:

Now, if I could have game forum threads not to show up in new posts list too... :rolleyes:

I do agree that the Game Forum should be opt in like TG Spoilers and NSFW and did make the same request last year however it was, shall we say, rebuffed.

As I said before things change, deal with it. And just as recession is a self-fulfilling media prophecy so suggesting FG might be going to hell in a handbasket is a damn good way of making it happen.
I just wanted to make sure I didn't misinterpret what you'd written. However, while we're telling people what they should or should not think or say, I have a suggestion for you as well. Take a step back and evaluate what you've just written, as it's absolutely bat-shit insane.

You seem to have the sense that I am deeply affected by the goings on of the forum, struggling to cope with change. Believe it or not, I am not a fear mongering sorcerer intent on destroying all you hold near and dear. My goal is not to polarize the members of Finalgear. I have no ulterior motives; I simply asked a question.

Please try to ignore my negative thoughts and energy. I also suggest avoiding black cats and broken mirrors. Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, do not walk under ladders. Bad luck you know...

Reactions: MWF
I just wanted to make sure I didn't misinterpret what you'd written. However, while we're telling people what they should or should not think or say, I have a suggestion for you as well. Take a step back and evaluate what you've just written, as it's absolutely bat-shit insane.

You seem to have the sense that I am deeply affected by the goings on of the forum, struggling to cope with change. Believe it or not, I am not a fear mongering sorcerer intent on destroying all you hold near and dear. My goal is not to polarize the members of Finalgear. I have no ulterior motives; I simply asked a question.

Please try to ignore my negative thoughts and energy. I also suggest avoiding black cats and broken mirrors. Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, do not walk under ladders. Bad luck you know...

Yay for quoting me out of context. Well done. :clap:

For the record I hold no superstitions whatsoever and as for insanity my thought processes have never been clearer. If you ask a question like you did and then claim you didn't expect it to polarise opinion or engender a debate then you are either utterly deluded or a complete troll.

Anyway in case you missed it the first time let me remind you of my non-superstitious and optimistic stance.

Sure things have changed, and some things have got better and some got worse but on the whole I'd say we're in pretty good shape. So stop worrying, have a :beer: and let's get on with whatever a bunch of car geeks on a web forum can call a life.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
I... what... you...? The fuck?! :rofl:

Anyway, I came here from a different forum that claimed to be run by and for aviation enthusiasts. I had even been a mod there for a while, but threw in the towel because the place had become so unbearably full of political bullshit (which made members genuinely hate each other) that I couldn't justify being associated with it any longer. That was a bad place and on each occasional visit that I've made since then, I could only shake my head in disbelief. FinalGear is just about the opposite of that.

Additionally, I agree that the lack of new TG episodes is slowing everything down. Even my iTunes playlist with TG music on it is getting a bit stale...

Last edited:
A quick summary of the forum: if you don't agree with the masses, that makes you a troll. It's very likely some members have social disorders and are asses in general. Ha - standard internet operation: free reign to be an ass.

-Robert

A quick summary of the forum: if you don't agree with the masses, that makes you a troll. It's very likely some members have social disorders and are asses in general. Ha - standard internet operation: free reign to be an ass.

-Robert
When your posts contain street racing and how you think your car is the best in the world, of course people will think you are a troll. First impressions are everything.

When your posts contain street racing and how you think your car is the best.....

.......in the world, of course people will think you are a troll. First impressions are everything.

Fixed.

And it's free "rein", not free "reign".

When your posts contain street racing and how you think your car is the best in the world, of course people will think you are a troll. First impressions are everything.

Haha, the "best car in the world" is sarcasm. Also it's a quote from JC himself so I thought it would be obvious to the members. And I've not said anything about "street racing".

-Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.