A s**tload of Saturns!

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Long post, sorry. :blush:

Now that Lutzy is planning to turn Saturn into our Opel/Vauxhall so we can join the Brits in their fun, here are some new ones that actually don't look like crap. ;)

Saturn Aura
General Motors has unveiled the 2007 Saturn Aura ? a production version of the concept shown last year. Uplevel models feature GM?s first application of a new six-speed automatic transmission mated with the 3.6L DOHC V-6, creating a powerful yet fuel-efficient package. Later in the 2007 model year, Saturn will offer the Aura Green Line, a 2.4L Ecotec-based hybrid that will use a powertrain system similar to the Vue Green Line. It marks the first application of a hybrid powertrain in a GM passenger car. When it goes on sale late this summer, the Aura will be available in two trim levels: the entry XE model and uplevel XR. Each model is well-equipped, with premium features and interior materials among the best in its segment.
1-2007-saturn-aura-sedan.jpg

2-2007-saturn-aura-sedan.jpg

3-2007-saturn-aura-sedan.jpg

Saturn Outlook
Generals Motors has introduced its much-aniticipated Saturn Outlook SUV, which rides on the same platform as the Buick Enclave. Outlook offers seating for up to eight and combines the capability of an SUV with carlike driving characteristics. Powering the Outlook is the GM 3.6L V-6 VVT. The engine features variable valve timing, designed for high fuel economy, low emissions and exceptional smoothness. The uplevel XR model (with dual exhaust) provides an estimated 267 horsepower (199 kw) and 247 lb.-ft. of torque (335 Nm). The single-exhaust XE model is rated at an estimated 265 horsepower (198 kw) and 244 lb.-ft (331 Nm) of torque. The engine is backed by a new, fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission. Outlook is available in front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive models.
1-2007-saturn-outlook-suv.jpg

2-2007-saturn-outlook-suv.jpg

3-2007-saturn-outlook-suv.jpg

Saturn Sky Red Line
Generals Motors has introduced the hot 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line. The new roadster was first previewed last week. This version ?takes a strong-performing roadster and makes it a screamer,? said GM?s Bob Lutz. The car will be available at Saturn retailers this fall. The Red Line gets a boost in performance from an Ecotec turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, GM?s first direct injection offering in North America. It produces 260 horsepower at 5300 rpm and 260 lb.-ft. of torque at 2500 rpm, making it GM?s highest specific output engine ever at 2.1 horsepower per cubic inch of displacement (130 hp / 97 kw per liter) and the most powerful engine in the Ecotec family.
2-2007-saturn-sky-redline.jpg

1-2007-saturn-sky-redline.jpg

8-2007-saturn-sky-redline.jpg

The Aura looks quite nice, the Sky Red Line looks really very cool/sporty but the Outloook looks like a typical SUV POS.

wow that Aura is sexy

the interior of that SUV is nice, and the exterior of the Sky is nice. Don't think much of the sky's interior.. not too sporty.. sorta bland

hot cars, though

I like the look of the sedan and the roadster - but I know the actuall interrior will have poor fit and finish, like most American cars.

Isn't that roadster a modified Vauxal?

the aura and outlook's interiors look like they might not be complete crap, the Opel GT looks pretty nice too

I want a sky.

I've been seeing a few solstices around town, and wow, they look very nice in person, especially from the back. Havn't driven one yet tho, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Good step up for Saturn. I also want a Sky, but I'd settle for a Solstice, especially if you can get a Solstice Turbo for close to the price of a Sky.

Blind_Io said:
Isn't that roadster a modified Vauxal?
no.. its a modified Pontiac..
(the opel version was shown a full year after the Pontiac/saturn version.. and is .... more powerfull! MOHAHA!)

ohh and the Aura may look like a vectra but is infact longer .. (so the profile is not identical.. )

The Aura is a Astra ripoff. Oh and that leather trim doesn't go with the wood. How horrid in a car like that :thumbsdown:

The Sky's a nice-looker, as others have said the Aura steals a lot of styling cues from the Astra (and that's not a good thing).

As for the brown seats in the Aura - :puke: Truly, truly hideous.

Better looking than the old Saturns (apart from the Outlook, that is).

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
The Aura is a Astra ripoff. Oh and that leather trim doesn't go with the wood. How horrid in a car like that :thumbsdown:
i dont think you get it ..
the Aura is the US version of the Vectra .. (only longer)
(Opel/Vauxhall is a part of GM .. just like Saturn)

Kebab gud said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
i dont think you get it ..
the Aura is the US version of the Vectra .. (only longer)
(Opel/Vauxhall is a part of GM .. just like Saturn)
Yeah figured that out myself :lol:

does anyone else think the Sky looks like its really high off of the ground?

bartboy9891 said:
does anyone else think the Sky looks like its really high off of the ground?

Does look kinda high, but it just may be the angle of the photograph.

Opel would've been a little bit more successfully over here if they had sold the Aura instead of the Vectra in my opinion, but who asks me?

mautzel said:
Opel would've been a little bit more successfully over here if they had sold the Aura instead of the Vectra in my opinion, but who asks me?

Not like I am totally familiar with the European market, but why?

It simply looks more pleasant especially than the pre-facelift version of the Vectra, though aimed at rather conservative buyers the back looks too boring - it's not that different but I think it is more appealing than what Opel is selling right now, and the Vectra really isn't as bad as sales figures might suggest at the moment.