A-Team

Looks like a michael bay movie.

No, it looks BRILLIANT! ;)

Brad Cooper was a great Face, the rest weren't great.
18 minutes until the title screen? Little late no?
The entire plot is exactly the same as Rush Hour 2.

The van.. stripes wrong, back windows wrong, colour wrong, front fog lights wrong, wheels type and colour wrong.
Dirk Benedict and Dwight Shultz appear in the last 3 seconds and it's pointless.

It's not The A-team... but it's a watchable action film. Come on sequel.

I just saw it today an frankly, it sucked. I don't even know where to start. The editing was shit, the plot did not work, the camera was shaky-cam madness, most of the jokes were lame and that they did not even realize that there are two Frankfurts with different license plates in germany just speaks for the general sloopiness and lack of dedication that ruined this movie.

Back from watching it now and it was fucking awesome. Ruthi x2's me.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,712255,00.html

No own comment of mine necessary.

Oh, and I never liked the original anyway. Even when I was younger, it looked completely stupid to me and I thought "Ah, that's why kids in the States grow up believing guns are harmless fun".

I saw that passport thing too. One moment they were in "Norway" the other in a boat in the middle of the sea. Also, when they got out of the airport they went straight to the water. Geography fail indeed but everything else was just awesome.

Also, when having an appointment in L.A. in 48 hours from now, a cargo ship is of course the transport of choice coming from Europe.

Hollywood gets European geography wrong all the time, that's nothing that would enrage me per se - but in this case it stands for the underlying problem of the whole film: It was made by people who were paid to do it, but had no dedication to deliver anything but the bare minimum to get away with.

I remember an episode of MacGyver, which was supposed to be playing in former East Germany, which was -- as we all surely remember -- a communist country, where a Lada was the peak of luxury for ordinary people. In said MacGyver episode, however, East Germans drove around in Porsche 911's to check into a hotel, that looked suspiciously familiar to a Rocky Mountains resort.

Seriously, how would the American audience react, if a German movie would show the skyline of New York and the insert would read "Houston, Texas"? Well, I know how the Texans would react...

That's about as stupid as it gets in the A-Team movie. And that's not even the beginning of stupid errors in American movies. It's hard to believe but even Steven Spielberg is very sloppy with it. Watch "Indiana Jones and the last Crusade" for example. Anyone who ever was in Venice, will make a facepalm, when they have a chase on Piazza San Marco, jump in a boat and have a chase in the harbor -- which is 2 miles away from Piazza San Marco.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
To be fair, these small-scale geographical errors happen to American places, too, and are made by German film crews in German places too. The two examples I can think of the top of my head are an episode of "Cobra 11" and "Manta, Manta" - just because both were filmed around the corner from where I live.

Yes, you named two prime examples of German movie making there.

Never saw them, though... my life is too short for that :p

"Herr Lehmann" is a film set in my neighbourhood and it gets not even the basic geography of "the main character walks home (which is mentioned as being 'above the Markthallenkneipe', thus being in P?cklerstra?e) from work (which is mentioned with full adress, being at the corner of Wiener Strasse and Ohlauer Strasse)" right, even though it was shot largely on location.

Way home from work in the real world

Way Herr Lehmann took in the movie of the same name, judging from the buldings he passes.

From what i've heard, geography in Hollywood films not set in LA and most TV series which are shot in Vancouver to save money is equally bad or worse....

On a more general note, film makers don't give a damn about the real world if whatever suits them looks/works better. Any director would mess up the geography of Hollywood itself or even the studio lot without thinking, if it makes for a better movie - and rightly so!

Problem with the A-Team is that the errors are not to make a better movie but because people could not be bothered to care. Not only to care about the right license plates or the right aerial shot of a train station, but about pacing, acting, editing, everything. The whole film lacks dedication.

Last edited:
So I got dragged into A-Team yesterday.

God it was bad.

It had some moments but overall I can say it was the worst flick I have seen in a long time. The Losers was so much better imho.

a) This movie had absolutely nothing to do with A-Team the series. They just took the characters and added a generic story.
b) The localisation. So obvioulsy & horribly wrong. Frankfurt = Cologne, all cars used were US spec (yellow running lights), there was an American bus with Dutch plates in "Frankfurt", the numberplates were wrong....you could fix that by hell just using Wikipedia.
c) Did I mention how bad I thought the whole acting was?

This movie is an abomination of my childhood TV show.......the only upside was Jessica Biel ('s body).

well i didnt notice any of the geography gaffs, or the spanish plates on a Taiwanese car in the middle of new mexico errors.... i never really watched A-team the series on tv, and didnt really know anything about it bar the generic stuff and the theme tune

and so i thought, as far a dumb movies go, this wasnt a bad one. just gotta look past all the terrible jokes, comedy moments and using the big book of physics as bog roll and just enjoy it. the only major complaints visually was the CGI, especially on the container ship. it reminded me of the simply amazing cut scenes of the first tomb raider on the PS1. that kind of, the hardware sux but in a few years your games might look like this FMV sequence.

rocket launcher to the hull = explosions all over, all the containers ending up on the floor and the ship broken in half? eh.

enjoyable, but dumb.

I simply believe that when Hollywood gets two thirds of their profits from abroad, they should at least put a minimum of effort into accuracy and deliver a movie, where you don't have to do a facepalm every 5 minutes. They can do it, if they want. Take the "Jason Bourne" trilogy for example. Very well made, even for the critical European eye.

Maybe for the majorities of Americans it's irrelevant, if such errors happen but I'm quite sure they would also complain (and rightly so) if a European film set in USA would show such rubbish.

all monuments are in the same road :lol:

I'm sure most of the U.S. viewers wouldn't notice ;)

Also it's a satire, so it doesn't quite count.

Mr T was on Howard Stern he basically said he didn't do it because he wouldn't get paid enough and the original was the best thing he's ever been apart of, and the original team weren't there.

He's pissed because him and the original team saved NBC and the new film picked a new B.A Barracus and how dare they ask him to be in it too. It's like an ex-girlfriend sleeping with a new guy and asking you to join them on a date.

Finally saw this and I enjoyed it; and I usually hate otherwise fairly mindless movies. Keep in mind, that I never watched the TV series, so it wasn't "ruining" anything for me.

It's kind of like Shoot 'em Up: as long as you realize that it doesn't take itself seriously, it's a whole lot of fun.

I loved the 3D movie / truck busting through the wall and the the tank-flying bits :lol:

Last edited: