A1 GP

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
I don't see one created so why not create one. I'm currently in the middle of watching the Malaysia GP Feature race and Canada had to take an evasive manouver due to South Africa coming onto the racing line after spinning. Killed Canada's chances to get into the top 10 for the feature after hitting being hit on the very first lap as well.

Robert Wickens though is driving quite well though. I still don't agree with Allenmuller's move on the last lap of the sprint race. That was way too aggressive. I don't think it is a pass when you have to hit the other car to make the move.

A1 GP is really some good stuff, pity about the crappy uncompetitive teams :(

too many countries IMO, what the heck is Pakistan and Indonesia etc. doing at A1GP?

I actually rather enjoy the A1GP. Kinda similar to GP2 where actual racing takes place. The teams might not be up to F1 standards but the series is very young and so are the teams/people. It is actually quite interesting to be able to watch it evolve. Uncompetitive? Are you kidding? The races are an absolute blast, people actually fighting for positions at pretty much every stretch of the track. As for too many countries? Well what do you want, 5 cars on track? Granted one has to wonder just how much of Pakistani, Indonesian, Lebanese etc said teams really are but for me in the end it simply comes down to racing with a team name for distinction. And thanks to some decent paint schemes it is also much easier to follow with my eyes than the GP2 (which I'm sure were coordinated by a team of professional daltonists).

As for Malesian GP, I was impressed by Wickens, Ammermuller drove like he'd driven in GP2, that is to say an absolute dick, what a letdown after fantastic last season for Germany. I'm also glad to see Sommerton back in for the USA. In all I really love this series.

So this is nothing new with Ammermuller then, interesting. Hopefully he can get better with cleaner driving. Even the announcer were in shock that he did the same thing three times.

I like all the countries because it becomes such a national race at this point. And I agree, some great racing.

You can't really say that there are uncompetitive cars in A1 as they're all stock parts and identical. The machines are equal, it's talent and racecraft that win.

I really enjoy A1GP - The boost button facility makes for truly epic overtaking.

Oliver Jarvis wrecked his chances by nosing into the German's gearbox at the first corner. Team GB need to get going again.

You can't really say that there are uncompetitive cars in A1 as they're all stock parts and identical. The machines are equal, it's talent and racecraft that win.

i know they use identical cars, but still team Pakistan, Lebanon and Indonesia. Whats all that about?? They yet need to score a point in the grand prix. And all the crappy teams tend to cause shit, like back in the last Durban race, Indonesia crashed into South Africa twice in a row. 22 cars is a bit too much for the race.

I went to see an A1 race in Taupo :). I'm hoping to go there again in January next year.

A1GP is great. I've been following it since the beginning of the 2nd season. It's so much more fun to watch than F1 because the racing is close, on-the-edge, and very competitive...plus, I have a team that I can cheer for, for a good reason ;)

The fact that, other than configurations, all of the cars are exactly the same is what makes the difference in this racing series. It really shows you who is truly a good driver and good team, and it's not down to money and resources (*ahem* F1).

I just finished watching the qualifying and both races. Too bad for Canada :( The rookie did great in the sprint race, but Germany and South Africa basically killed his (quite good) chances of placing well in the feature race. Germany should have disqualified after pulling the same move in the same corner three times, knocking out a competing driver each time.

Ammermuller drove like he'd driven in GP2, that is to say an absolute dick, what a letdown after fantastic last season for Germany.
I agree. Hulkenberg, on the other hand, is a truly talented driver would can be in front of the pack without taking everyone else out. But, he's in F3 now.

And all the crappy teams tend to cause shit, like back in the last Durban race, Indonesia crashed into South Africa twice in a row.
Which proves that it's all down to skill, not money.

Those Malaysian races were quality to watch. Don't really understand Germany's complaint over the penalties, as they were all obviously stupid driving!

Love watching A1GP, and watch it as often as possible and I've followed it since I went to its first ever race at Brands back in 2005. A1GP and GP2 are clearly the most entertaining racing series to watch.

And the coverage is brilliant, especially here with Ben Edwards and John Watson. Great commentators, makes a difference from F1 on ITV...

A1GP is great. I've been following it since the beginning of the 2nd season. It's so much more fun to watch than F1 because the racing is close, on-the-edge, and very competitive...plus, I have a team that I can cheer for, for a good reason ;)

The fact that, other than configurations, all of the cars are exactly the same is what makes the difference in this racing series. It really shows you who is truly a good driver and good team, and it's not down to money and resources (*ahem* F1).

I just finished watching the qualifying and both races. Too bad for Canada :( The rookie did great in the sprint race, but Germany and South Africa basically killed his (quite good) chances of placing well in the feature race. Germany should have disqualified after pulling the same move in the same corner three times, knocking out a competing driver each time.

I agree. Hulkenberg, on the other hand, is a truly talented driver would can be in front of the pack without taking everyone else out. But, he's in F3 now.

Which proves that it's all down to skill, not money.

yes i agree with you 100%, i love the stiff competition, love the sprint races, love the cars, but hate the crappy teams with a passion. Also id love to see some team play in A1GP, they should diss the crappy teams, and instead of one race car per country, have 2, this way it should make the race more interesting.

Just a thought.