ABC's "Castle"

S06E09 "Disciple"

S06E09 "Disciple"

I'll keep this one short: FUCKING BRILLANT.

Plus: It's Ren?e Walker!

Last edited:
Yes! This season is so much better than the last few have been.

Another "serious crime drama" episode. It worked better than expected, but I still like "light comedy" Castle better. Maybe the reason why the serious drama worked so much better than expected is that they relentlessly focused on the story. Castle hardly did get any clever one-liner in and Martha, Alexis, the Castle loft and Pi did not even make an appearance.
Nevertheless, I hope they'll return to the tried and tested "genre film parody" format of earlier episodes next week. The trailer at least has Castle's dad!

Last edited:
An Anna Wintour stand-in! Castle's doing "The Devil wears Prada"! After the Miley Cyrus stand-in last episode, absurd Castle is getting back into full swing. Bowtied IT techs, Beckett's return(!) to modeling, the murderer wearing plaid, too many coincidences to take anything going on seriously plus some romantic Caskett moments for the shippers out there, that's how Castle works! And Beckett's apartment seems to have to worst door locks in all of the five boroughs.

Episode 5 and 6 still remain the season's "high camp" high points, and thus, absolute high points for me so far, but the last two ones are pointing in that direction once again. Let the madness (and cheesy one-liners) reign!

Triple-Post!
This week in silly premise, it's Poltercastle meets Carrie (see, I don't even have to invent a Castle portmanteau there) in "The Bling Ring II"! I do approve! Fillion has an illegal amount of fun spouting out the theories about telekinesis. This episode is up with the X-Files tribute earlier this season in my book, it even has a mad scientist with a strange accent, they even pulled off the "ambivalent X-Files ending" again!

"Big deal, she's an X-Man fan!" - "Because she is one!"

"She is captain of the cheer squad - she knows how to get at the top of the pyramid."
The blatant Apple product placement was a bit over the top though.

Last edited:
Then let's break the chain. ;)

As soon as I saw the sign at the first confession I thought "brainwash", but in the end that was a twist I didn't expect. I did foresee the big boss not being in Stockholm but in NYC since that's what it is always in such a case. ;)

That was a nice stupid-silly episode with a mad scientist that reminded me a bit of Dr. Leekie from "Orphan Black". The only thing I strongly disliked was that the big reveal of the real killer was solely based on information not available to the audience, thus basically cheating us from out-guessing Caskett. But then again, "Castle" never was about the whodunnit.

It's "Castle Bill"! Me likey! I first feared it would be middle-of-the-road crimesolving "Castle", but it got more silly - and thus, better - with every minute!

The ninja episode was excellent.

After 4 hard weeks of no new Castle-episode the day before yesterday the time has come...

I enjoyed it quite a bit, the cheesy one-liners were golden, the writers could run riot. :lmao:

Yvonne: Just turn off your cellphones, pretend like it's 40 years ago and you shouldn't have any problems. <breathes deep> Actually, you <pointing at Beckett> will have a problem...
Castle: To be fair, you do have a very fine ... nevermind ...
Ryan (after watching the "documentary" about police work in the '70s): So, good old days of police brutality...
Leone: Come on baby, once you go white, nothing else seems right!
Lanie: Iiiii'd rather be dead than end up in your bed
Beckett: Stop talkin', start walkin'!

Last edited:
That was the first Castle ep ever that I skipped large portions of by preparing dinner, reading mails and so on. Totally not my cup of tea...

I enjoyed it. The Starsky/Hutch duo thing was pretty funny. The reveal at the end was the only really lame part for me.

I think they could have milked the concept even more, there was potential for even more awesomely stupid "Stupid Castle" in there.

After last week's episode which I think was a bit weaker the current one was tantalizing... :-o

I wouldn't have thought that this plot would be over in one episode, I rather thought it would be a two-parter with a cliffhanger, maybe even at the last episode of the season. That or Castle and Beckett would get in a big fight and postpone or even cancel their wedding.

That said, even (or maybe because) without the usual goofing around it was a very good episode. I was hoping Beckett would read the miranda rights to Bracken in front of rolling cameras so there is no chance that Bracken could extricate himself on some voidness.
Next week will be the last episode of the season... :(

Spoiler for S6E22
I really didn't think they would wrap up Beckett's mom's storyline. But that's good, now hopefully they'll make up some post marriage drama for Beckett and Castle.

Now that was a good one. :) Not the best ever of the myth arc episodes, but very good. And I won't put my thoughts about the ep itself in spoiler markings, because it's already been aired. :p

After a few minutes I also thought that this would be the start of a two-parter. Because it wasn't, it was much more packed and tense than usual. And I liked that. But I also tripped over quite a few potholes in the plot road - far-fetched assumptions, inspiration by dreams, things like that. What I think is really sad is that they dropped this ep onto us with no buildup whatsoever. Beckett and Castle do their secret investigation so secretly even the viewers don't get to see it before it's essentially over? That's not fair. :(

Now....
I am curious what follows next. If this was really the end of the "Beckett's mother" myth arc, plus the impending wedding will end the show's original premise of "when will they finally come together" (well, since they are a couple that one is already dead anyway, but a wedding rounds it up) - what's next? The logical conclusion would be to conclude the show.

That said, even (or maybe because) without the usual goofing around it was a very good episode.
Actually, I was quite surprised that, unlike in other mytharc episodes, they dropped a bunch of movie references (mostly X-Files) and some brilliant sight gags like one very overcrowded elevator, in there, which made the episode much more enjoyable for a "silly Castle" fan like me.

After a few minutes I also thought that this would be the start of a two-parter.
Well, I liked how they wrapped it all up in one episode, it came as a huge surpise. I was even wondering how they'd fill the pre-wedding part of the next episode.
Then I remembered 3XK is still around.
I am curious what follows next. If this was really the end of the "Beckett's mother" myth arc, plus the impending wedding will end the show's original premise of "when will they finally come together" (well, since they are a couple that one is already dead anyway, but a wedding rounds it up) - what's next? The logical conclusion would be to conclude the show.
Interesting of you to say that the day before yesterday, as yesterday Castle was renewed for a seventh season.

Last episode of the season... :(

When you didn't think it would get more absurd it did, ending in a classic cliffhanger. If they didn't do such a cliffhanger the rates for the next season would be pretty low I suspect so it had to be done.

Fortunately it is obvious that Castle survived since ABC just ordered a new season, from the knowledge of the last seasons it should begin sometime in September.

The big question is: who were the men in the black SUV and how will Castle wiggle himself out of that?