ABC's "Castle"

I don't know, but somehow this felt like a gigantic mess. The amount of shootouts really does not suit the format, the Alexis gags were somehow lost in between all the other stuff, which was a pity, and the overarching storyline really is a mess to be untangled next week. Not convinced. Not convinced at all.

And how could I forget...
[video=youtube;-1GadTfGFvU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU[/video]

Referring to the season-opening two-parter: What the fuck was that? As the Doc said, a gigantic mess. I understand they had to mix up the format a little, but this felt very confused. Also, bringing back Bracken only to have him killed immediately (I liked Castle's threat to him though :D) - so the new Big Bad is very bad, that's the message. Still not cool. And, Castle's stepmother is a R.E.D. reject?

We all know they can't keep format changes for more than two episodes by now, so why break them up first place?

What?! I read "50 Shades"!

- - - Updated - - -

Srsly? It's Castle doing the Stanford Prison Experiment?

Good thing Alexis and Castle explain it to the general audience :)

Talking to yourself Grip? :D

So I've decided to catch up. Watched last few eps of S6 and I'm on S7 now, should be done in a few weeks I think (not much time to watch)
Now that Beckett's mother's murder thing is over, Rick's 2 missing months are the main plot line. The cases don't interest me that much, I watch Castle for everything else, so sometimes I just keep it running in the background :D

Just watched the two parts of the season, what a messy load of crud, why is she getting so worked up over this, it's not like there are people above Bracken who killed her mother, he himself had it done, forced drama is so obviously tiresome :/

Also they forgot to put her scar on form the chest shot...

This week (S08E05) had a fresh air about it. Points for (perceived) originality on the silliness of the week.

I`ve been watching castle long time, and this latest season.. man.. this is like watching trainwreck in super slow motion. i really, really hope that second half of the season is much, much better. (are writers trying get this show canceled?)

Last edited:
This ep (Mr & Mrs Castle) physically hurts.
Come on, that was the best hacking sequence since "Hackers"! I enjoyed this episode tremendously.

Did you notice the special effects from the 1950s when they tried (and failed) to simulate them being on a cruise ship?

Did you notice the special effects from the 1950s when they tried (and failed) to simulate them being on a cruise ship?
That was in line with the "retro cruise" theme. I agree that they really turned the camp factor to 11 these time - maybe sometimes even involuntarily. But that was fine with me. Coming in from Trem?'s rape episode I was grateful for any amount of stupid harmless sillyness, and Castle delivered.

EDIT: And when did Alexis decide to switch her clothing style to high fashion? Not that I complain, it just looked much too grown up/expensive for an undergrad, even a spoiled brat undergrad.

Last edited:
EDIT: And when did Alexis decide to switch her clothing style to high fashion? Not that I complain, it just looked much too grown up/expensive for an undergrad, even a spoiled brat undergrad.
About the same time as the writers wrote her back into the series as the junior partner of Castle's P.I. agency in order to just have her do something after she had been mostly absent (at college) for one or two seasons. Not that I complain, I like her character, but she feels like a legacy character that just has to be in there.

Just for info: Castle returns on February 8th and the next episode afterwards will be on Sunday 14th (Valentine's day) to continue normal service on Monday 15th. I'm expecting a cheesy Valentine's episode...

Castle returns to a not-my-kind-of-silly a capella competition themed episode. I think they should have done "Beerfest" instead.

Lots of drama going on with this show starting with the announcement that Stana Katic (and less importantly Tamala Jones who plays Lanie the coroner) have not been asked back for Season 9. Rumours abound that she and Nathan Fillion weren't the best of friends for the least few years. Pretty sad and I suspect it might mean the end for the show. I for one don't see how they'll handle cutting the female lead on this one when so much of the story has centered around her and the dynamic she has with Fillion's character. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I think the show runners are crazy to do this.

Considering that the story is essentially finished since the wedding and everything after that gave the feeling of being more or less dragged out, they might as well end the show after this season.